J. to the K. Rowling

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: J. to the K. Rowling

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:55 pm
Remember Christian's hangups with Harry Potter and witchcraft? I can only imagine what most Muslims think of it. Also, before 9-11 the western world had no idea what a Muslim was outside of people who wear funny cloths. Only now do people give a shit about them.
It was that thing Mohamed Ali converted to, and the religion angry black men converted to out of anger.

In Australia it made us realise the young Lebanese men who acted like gangsters was actually a religious issue a couple of years after. All of them were lumped together, but the Christian ones generally weren't like that and now the focus is on Islam.

They were dicks before 9/11 and were starting to piss people off with this try hard gangster crap. In the NRL they were known for starting fights at Bulldogs games on trains.

Of course literally #NotAllMuslims since I know there are young ones who aren't cunts, but I think it will start getting worse since the Mosques are becoming more radicalised.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:41 pm

CIANIggerCuntSlayer wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:52 pm
You guys want good fantasy, read anything by Raymond Fiest. My roommate turned me onto his books years ago. I've read 3 out of the whole series. There's tons to go.

I recommend Talon of the Silverhawk, and it's sequel King of Foxes.

I am remiss to shill stuff, but I wouldn't usually unless I thought it was worth a mention.
Feist is ok. Not the best but not the worst. That's high praise from me. Fantasy writing in general is some of the worst around in terms of the shit-to-good ratio. I've read most of the shit everyone always recommends for fantasy. The best fantasy novels I've found are from Joe Abercrombie. I recommend The Blade Itself. Even if you don't want to read the entire trilogy, just read that one book. It's great fun. I think the other books in the trilogy aren't quite as good. The Blade Itself is the New Hope of dark fantasy, imo. It's a fantastically fun romp with interesting characters. There are several story threads and, amazingly, none of them are annoying.

I like how Joe takes common fantasy archetypes and plays without them, but doesn't go full Troll R. R. Martin with that shit. Martin would have spent the entire novel raping every female character and killing off all the dudes. Or cutting their dicks off.

Anyway, Joe Abercrombie. The Blade Itself and The Heroes are his best IMO, but you can't enjoy The Heroes without reading the original First Law trilogy. Which starts with The Blade Itself. So read it, I guess. Best Served Cold is a nice revenge story you can enjoy with no prior experience in the world, but it's not his best novel. Fun, but not amazing. The strength of Joe's stories are his characters, and the original trilogy has the best characters. The self-pitying, crippled torturer Glokta is a standout.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Oh and Joe is probably the best writer of fight scenes.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:27 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 pm
It was that thing Mohamed Ali converted to, and the religion angry black men converted to out of anger.
Thing is though that Nation of Islam had very little to do with Islam and everything to do with being black.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Kinda like those Black Egyptians / Isrealites?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:22 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:43 pm
Kinda like those Black Egyptians / Isrealites?
Pretty much exactly like that, yeah. Main reason was being able to dodge being drafted for Vietnam service, though.
That being said, it was maybe the single most effective measure to force niggers to behave like decent people. Besides being loud in their propaganda, they were held to dress well, speak well and behave as far away from ghetto as possible.
Even more amusing when you take a look at actual Islamist niggers in Africa who behave especially bad and feral even for nigs.
Sadly, it was replaced by "WE WUZ KANGS N SHIT NIGGA".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:34 am

Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:42 am

The first round was stone salt. The next one is going to be a 9mm hollow point, Mr "Cheese".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:16 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:22 am
What are you talking about? Nation of Islam was the original we wuz kangs. Listen to Muhammad Ali talk about it. The reasons they converted to Islam and took Muslim sounding names was because, according to them, white people stole their names, their kingdoms and their Islam from them. Of course the problem with this is the Islamic Africans were mostly in North Africa and the slaves mostly came from Sub-Saharan Africa
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:59 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:16 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:22 am
What are you talking about? Nation of Islam was the original we wuz kangs. Listen to Muhammad Ali talk about it. The reasons they converted to Islam and took Muslim sounding names was because, according to them, white people stole their names, their kingdoms and their Islam from them. Of course the problem with this is the Islamic Africans were mostly in North Africa and the slaves mostly came from Sub-Saharan Africa
I thought that a lot of slaves were from West Africa and that Islam spread there by the time the slave thade happened
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes