Internet channels you hate, but not worth their own thread

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Pepsi Man

Re: Internet channels you hate, but not worth their own thread

Post by Pepsi Man » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:34 pm

He wasn't even a racist. He was basically just spouting actual data points.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:37 pm

No reals. Just feels.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:30 am

That got me, it’s like he was trying to distract people or say “Hey I may be a fraud but Jon is a racist, isn’t that worse?” Also twenty mouths to feed? How many members does he have in his Bin Laden cave?
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Dingus Bajingus

Post by Dingus Bajingus » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:27 am

He certainly wasn't the first, and he may not even be the worst, but he's the first one my mind jumps to when I consider the batch of people who cropped up around that time who got into this shit for money and (especially) ego, rather than actually thinking they had something to contribute, probably because he was so shit at hiding it.
>Look look, my intro is ME sitting my pudgy ass on a couch waggling a controller around, not even interspersed with game clips.
>Look look, all my thumbnails are artwork of the game's main character redrawn as ME.
>ME ME ME

And I think the disingenuousness that Kugel mentioned a few pages back is another big part of why my mind jumps to him, because it all comes together to form this really uncomfortable and phony "LOOK AT ME FELLOW GAMERS HOW ABOUT THOSE GAMES LOOK I AM PLAYING VIDEO GAMES" kind of feeling.

And this shit, especially the bit from the call with Karl and Muta, his main concern being for >MUH REPUTATION, just drives it home. The guy's a disingenuous, self-serving sack of shit, and I've been taking a perverse glee in seeing his gravy train derail.

Ghost Dog

Post by Ghost Dog » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:31 am

INs just come off disingenous because they just see their fans as walking piggy banks that they want to get money from like either doing the Paymeton scam, doing a more elaborate scam with Crowdfunding, shilling awful products like the Chinese knives or BetterHelp, and so much more. So many of them are doing videos as a grift where what they believe will change on a dime like with Hunter Avallone, or they will drop their friends at the hint of any controversy like Jirard.

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:51 am

Pepsi Man wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:34 pm
He wasn't even a racist. He was basically just spouting actual data points.
Well exactly. All he did was say 'Maybe we shouldn't take in so many immigrants' and repeat FBI crime statistics. At least he never stole from anyone

Jon's biggest mistake probably was cultivating an audience full of redditors who were ready and eager to unperson him over supposed 'racist dogwhistles' (or, in other words, him saying something other than what he actually said)

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:56 am

How much damage did the cold, hard truth actually cause to his fanbase, really? Getting kicked off of Normal Boots and that Banjo-Kazooie clone was mainly 'cause the people in charge there were too woke for that truthbomb.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:56 am
How much damage did the cold, hard truth actually cause to his fanbase, really?
He's still massively popular but any discussion of him will invariably devolve into some twat calling him a racist

Thing is that Jon is no stranger to (manufactured) controversy, like that time he called PS Plus retarded. Usually he's got the best strategy, which is to ignore the cunts and not give them any oxygen. Unfortunately that time his soyboy collaborators all threw him under the bus and made the whole thing seem bigger than it was.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:32 pm

His mistake was debating DesTiny. Why the fuck would you ever do that? Fucking JonTron of all people isn't someone you'd naturally expect to be even open for debate.

The only people that should ever debate on the internet and especially debate DesTiny are guys like Jesse Lee Petersen who basically just call him a faggot in polite terms for an hour.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

McGinnis

Post by McGinnis » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:34 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:32 pm
His mistake was debating DesTiny.
Well, that too. But you can't deny trying to cater to plebbitors didn't exactly help him