Internet channels you hate, but not worth their own thread

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Internet channels you hate, but not worth their own thre

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:42 pm

That would be (((The Fine Bros.))). Top cancer.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:41 am

Kugelfisch wrote:That would be (((The Fine Bros.))). Top cancer.
You forgot the TM, we'll see you in court Mr. Kugel.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:57 am

Matthewmatosis. Autistic potato nigger that says nothing insightful nor valuable in his 2 hours of monotone rambling. A paymetons scammer that releases a 10 minute video every 3 months on some game nobody gives a shit about and when his fans ask him for something more substantial, he brushes them off and says he doesn't "feel" like it.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:17 am

Rather exclusive opinion but I agree that he's gotten way worse since patreon.
May I recommend Joseph Anderson or MisterCaption instead? Both are better but also in the same style of long, analytical videos.
From MisterCaption I'd especially recommend the Skyrim or Fallout 4 videos, from Joseph Anderson the The Witness video.
mad bum wrote:
Kugelfisch wrote:That would be (((The Fine Bros.))). Top cancer.
You forgot the TM, we'll see you in court Mr. Kugel.
I would react to that statement but I'm not allowed to due to copyright issues.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:39 am

No question his release schedule went to shit after Patreon. If he wants to get paid for videos, he needs to fucking post videos. He's on the road to YMS city at this rate.

I still like his videos though.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:26 am

Vulcan wrote:Matthewmatosis. Autistic potato nigger that says nothing insightful nor valuable in his 2 hours of monotone rambling. A paymetons scammer that releases a 10 minute video every 3 months on some game nobody gives a shit about and when his fans ask him for something more substantial, he brushes them off and says he doesn't "feel" like it.
The money will largely be spent on day-to-day living expenses but like anyone else I'll be buying other things with it too. Sometimes that'll be equipment relevant to my work, sometimes it'll be beers, sometimes it'll be something dumb that struck my fancy, sometimes it'll be Christmas or birthday presents for friends. It doesn't all go into videos.

Spoony in the making it seems.
rabidtictac wrote:No question his release schedule went to shit after Patreon. If he wants to get paid for videos, he needs to fucking post videos. He's on the road to YMS city at this rate.

I still like his videos though.
That fur fag is grossly over paid for what he does, all the guy does is go to film festivals and then be artsy fartsy over them. He certainly is a step away from spoony if only for the fact that the stuff he puts out isn't bad still, he even has his boy friends help and still cant put stuff out at a decent time.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Griever

Post by Griever » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:46 am

I used to really fucking loathe PBS's Idea Channel. It was vapid, hipstery, pseudo-intellectual garbage through-and-through. The awful video titles were enough to turn my fucking stomach on their own, and their content was intentionally edited to be so fast-paced that you couldn't process all of the bullshit claims and improperly used five dollar words fast enough to make any sense of what they were saying.

Here's are examples for the uninitiated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2bAN9pPeiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSUuO84BTSA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbNymweHW4E

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:57 am

Check out BigThink, Griever. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Griever

Post by Griever » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:30 am

rabidtictac wrote:Check out BigThink, Griever. :D
Good fucking lord. Someone get me some bleach so I can try to scrub my brain clean of that shit. I can't even begin to say how stupid any of what I just watched was. Professionally, I am a research and development scientist/engineer, and that BigThink channel is about as close to legitimate scientific news/discussion as The Big Bang Theory. I can't wait for this stupid, pseudo-intellectual nerd culture to fucking die already; it's already shitting up STEM degree programs by encouraging dumbasses who aren't proficient in math or the scientific process to inflate freshman enrollment, and it's distorting legitimate scientific discourse with pointless drivel like what's being 'discussed' on this channel.

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:46 am

Kugelfisch wrote:Rather exclusive opinion but I agree that he's gotten way worse since patreon.
May I recommend Joseph Anderson or MisterCaption instead? Both are better but also in the same style of long, analytical videos.
From MisterCaption I'd especially recommend the Skyrim or Fallout 4 videos, from Joseph Anderson the The Witness video.
Joseph Anderson is a little better than MatthewMatosis but he still suffers from the same gaping flaws: annoying autistic voice; complete lack of self-editing leading to indulgent overstuffed reviews; a focus on "muh emushuns muh narrative muh developer intent" rather than actual concrete game design; choosing boring games to discuss.

MisterCaption looks like the same but I'll keep an open mind and check him out.