Internet channels you hate, but not worth their own thread

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Internet channels you hate, but not worth their own thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 pm

How much connection do you guys still have to Slovenská? I always wondered about if and how it effected Česká. Did you notice some change - or rather aftermath as you're likely too young to be able to tell a before and after?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 pm

Frankly, it's hard to tell, I would like to say that there was barely any, but I live in western part, far from Slovakia - the only noticeable thing I would say is seeing less Slovak content in our TVs from time I was still watching it :) It's not like people moved back to their home country, it was more or less a political change that hasn't affected average citizen I would say. Plenty of Slovak people still live in our country and same goes for us.

On the other hand, I would say this hurt Slovaks a lot more, mostly because it was always Czech Republic that was donating industry at Slovakia - my dad used to joke a lot that at the beginning of 20. century all there was in Slovakia were hills and goats :lol:

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 pm

So it's mostly like the DDR collapse. I thought as much. Fucked up West Germany a lot but the great, white north of Schleswig-Holstein was barely effected.
http://i.imgur.com/0BU07Nu.jpg
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:45 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:42 pm
Imperial Japan was just weird. They were deadly obsessed with playing the chessmaster villain and having everything go just according to keikaku - except it never did.
Poonoo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm
Besides, the Italian military was dogshit. They got their asses handed to them by Greece and they needed the Germans to do their job for them.
That's just part of the joke.
And in WWII, that was the most hilarious because their weaponry was just total shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:17 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 pm
So it's mostly like the DDR collapse. I thought as much. Fucked up West Germany a lot but the great, white north of Schleswig-Holstein was barely effected.
http://i.imgur.com/0BU07Nu.jpg
Why would they be effected? Denmark wasn't a part of Germany :D
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

asdf

Post by asdf » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:21 pm
Now, you might think that they are making faces on camera, but that is how they actually look in real life.

pbg and space hamster
Almost did a spit take reading this post. It's so true it hurts. Any time I've watched a PBG video his face contorts into that exact one while he simply talks in a normal voice.

I don't mind Space Hamster, but PBG is a cancerous tool who goes on political rants all over his twitter all the time. He gets away with it, though, because he's a libtard about everything.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 pm

According to the Wikipedia article on the Dissolution of Czechoslovakia (so you know it's absolutely true!), Czech base GDP was higher, but the Slovak GDP was growing at a higher rate since 1989.

About the Velvet Divorce (lel), my favorite thing about it was how both countries agreed to not keep the old symbols of the common republic, so Czech Republic adopts the flag of Bohemia (that's almost exactly like Poland's), and after two years of being confused with Poles, they decide to ignore the Constitution and got back the old flag, because apparently creativity is a rare commodity on the Czech Republic.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am

This is what you get when some foreigner starts to judge your country based on half-assed wikipedia articles.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 pm
About the Velvet Divorce (lel), my favorite thing about it was how both countries agreed to not keep the old symbols of the common republic, so Czech Republic adopts the flag of Bohemia (that's almost exactly like Poland's), and after two years of being confused with Poles, they decide to ignore the Constitution and got back the old flag..
Never have I heard anyone here calling it fucking Velvet Divorce. I don't know who's calling it that, but that person likely should not be writing wikipedia articles. The only name we've ever used in school or in media was "Rozdělení Československa", aka "Dissolution of Czechoslovakia", but I suppose that's not that dramatic.

Now to the flag.
I was too young to remember that, so I've briefly called my dad, who was quite politically active back in the day, and this description would probably fit on 4chan, but that's not what happened.

The thing is, that flag was very briefly used back in 1918 when Czechoslovakia was first formed, and it's older than Polish flag, so I don't want to hear anything about originality. It gets confusing - Czech and Slovak republics didn't start before 1992, so between 90-92 we had Czech and Slovak Federative Republic, which was kept until this mess was sorted out, and in that time, the Czech republic (still not indipendent) was apparently using that symbol, but the official symbol was still the currently used flag. So maybe if some politicians got together they would use it, but you would never see it being used at town halls or used by the population. So we've always been using the Czech flag, minus those years between 1918-1920.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 pm
apparently creativity is a rare commodity on the Czech Republic.
http://www.biolib.cz/IMG/GAL/38384.jpg

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue May 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am
This is what you get when some foreigner starts to judge your country based on half-assed wikipedia articles.

cernex

Post by cernex » Wed May 10, 2017 10:37 am

History Buffs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCggHoX ... iPmOxezeWA

Not a rant, but a fact: the guy is a fucking scam who PRETENDS to be a History Buff but really isn't, and yet people buy his shit. And he's a fucking hypocrite because he says misinformation is bad (and preaches a WHOLE LOT about it) when he himself is guilty of the same fucking shit. He's also infamous for heavily policing his comment section a la Spoony removing any criticism and just leaving the comments that fit his politicial views or agenda.

Just watch the Agora review and then make a quick google search. HOLY SHIT.

However, he has the occasional video where he doesn't suck big-ass monkey dicks. For that reason, I don't think he deserves his own thread. MOST of them however... FUCK.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.