Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:37 am

I think that at least YT will get hit hard, what with the site making up a good chunk of the worldwide internet traffic. Probably why the internet nobodies fight so hard against it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:40 am

The thing is sites like netflix and youtube are what the cable companies want, to many young people don't pay for cable TV and they want that to end. I'm sure small sites like this won't really be affected, that's not what they are trying to get.
Stranger wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:12 am
I can't even right now, it's like talking to ASS.
Edited from:
I'm sorry, I forgot they need to do nothing else but talk about it like Doge and wheres the fair use.
Get a spine, faggot. Anyway.
[/quote]

I don't care if you saw that ASS jr. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - I just am tired of arguing and why I deleted it. Like it or not youtube plays a decent part, because they can persuade a lot of younger adults to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 am
You see people bring up these terrible scenarios but it seems dubious that companies would actually try to implement anything particularly extreme, because if you annoy your userbase enough they'll just move onto a company that isn't being as annoying.
That only works in a free market. As everybody knows the free market described by market fundamentalists is a fairy tale. The end of the story they make arrangements and you will be fucked no matter where you go. When I used to work in retail and was still in training I got invited to a meeting where some "upper class dudes" (probably the franchise owners) came over to talk about things with the employees. They casually talked about how they gonna have arrangements again with the other retail owners in the market like it was nothing :lol:

The idea behind this makes more sense than the free market described by people like Milton Friedman. You can either fight to the death with the chance of going bankrupt or you make arrangements with less profit but you survive and stay in business guaranteed. The state has no power over that situation or is most likely bribed because I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I don't know what net neutrality means, maybe people are just crying wolf but that bullshit scenario already exists where I live to some degree.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:16 pm

The doomsaying is pretty accurate though.
I have free choice of ISP and electricity company. But the entire electricity net up here belongs to eOn and the whole nation's telephone network belongs to Telekom. Nobody wants to or can afford to buy the telephone shit from Telekom and it wouldn't change anything either way. See, eOn doesn't have a monopoly in Germany so it's fine. You can change who owns your net by moving to a different state after all. :lol:

Sure, I can get a cheaper electricity provider than eOn. Those have to pay eOn to use their grid so it's very limited as to how cheap they can get. It results in profit margins so small that they will never be able to be competitive enough and build their own grid or something. The small providers will stay small forever.

Say Telekom puts a data limit on their shit. That's fucking it. You have a data limit now. You can change to Vodaphone but since they use Telekom's grid and Telekom enforces a data limit you will have a data limit.
It's similar in the USA. I know plenty of you have zero options in choosing your carrier.

Mail is exactly the same and so is the railroad. All of that shit was state-owned and when it was eventually privatized you had monopolies set in place right at the fucking start.
Good luck founding your own railroad company, building rails and buying trains, getting permits for train stations and trying to be competitive with the fuckhueg company that literally owns every single rail in this nation and has loads of money that they have to invest.
Good luck starting your mail company when there's a company that has done ALL the mail for decades and has daily tours to every single household and the entire infrastructure already set from day one of being a private company. You can't fuck with that. No chance.

There is no open market in that regard. It's like you'd try to compete with the state in building roads. There is no business in it for you and you'd need billions to even get started. When net neutrality is abolished it's gone for good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:53 pm

What pisses me off is the libshit reaction to abolishing net neutrality.

They crave it because they've been told it will stop anonymous trolling, among other lies, and are more and more for it each year.

What is true, is that they won't realize the same data capping and censorship methods will apply to THEM as well.

At least I know it's coming and can prepare and enjoy my games, but there will be a second, quieter, mass triggering in a couple years lol
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Bottom line is it's coming eventually and ain't shit we can do to stop it except delay it.

But if that's all we can do, we should do it. Both parties want to abolish net neutrality for their own retarded reasons. At least the rethugicans want to make money. Shitlibs want net neutrality banned so they can further destroy freedom of speech.

Like I said, every fucking voting cycle here has some new bill to increase taxes on the middle class. Every time. Doesn't matter how many times you vote no OR how many times you vote yes. The tax rate could be at 99% and the shitlibs would put up another bill to increase funding to schools by taxing middle class workers.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:16 pm
The doomsaying is pretty accurate though.
I have free choice of ISP and electricity company. But the entire electricity net up here belongs to eOn and the whole nation's telephone network belongs to Telekom. Nobody wants to or can afford to buy the telephone shit from Telekom and it wouldn't change anything either way. See, eOn doesn't have a monopoly in Germany so it's fine. You can change who owns your net by moving to a different state after all. :lol:

Sure, I can get a cheaper electricity provider than eOn. Those have to pay eOn to use their grid so it's very limited as to how cheap they can get. It results in profit margins so small that they will never be able to be competitive enough and build their own grid or something. The small providers will stay small forever.

Say Telekom puts a data limit on their shit. That's fucking it. You have a data limit now. You can change to Vodaphone but since they use Telekom's grid and Telekom enforces a data limit you will have a data limit.
It's similar in the USA. I know plenty of you have zero options in choosing your carrier.
Oh, it's absolutely true that some people do not have the option of going to another provider if their current one decides to abuse the removal of net neutrality. But those people are already in a position to get completely screwed over by their current provider in any number of other ways even with net neutrality in place because of the fact they have no other options.

ban

Post by ban » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:24 am

Did you guys hear about the meltdown currently happening with big corporations shitting on youtube for making their products appear on pissing, shitting and pedo videos via their automated jew algorythm and then revoking the product placements? :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 am

It's amazing how little of a fuck YT gave about this disturbing shit until it became impossible to ignore. You can't tell me they didn't notice the millions upon millions of views for deranged shit targeted at kids.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:54 pm

They are too busy counting their vevo money to care.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]