Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Pope Corky III

Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Post by Pope Corky III » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 am

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/11/21/ ... umers.html

Here in Burgerland everyone is freaking out because the FCC is trying to kill the internet again.

If Trump really wanted to drain the swamp the FCC should have been the first people in line to take out back and double tap in the back of the head.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Snow Baller

Re: Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Post by Snow Baller » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:53 am

If anything this should be in politics, not here.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:00 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 am
Here in Burgerland everyone is freaking out
Not really. It's barely even getting talked about this time around. This is, like, the fifth time people have gone after Net Neutrality. They're banking on people getting tired of hearing about it and brushing it off so they can get it to pass.

It's not like it'd accomplish anything, anyway. Internet prices in America are awful, anyway, and the speeds we get are terrible. The only packages that'd sell are gaming and (social) media packages leading to them going back to basically what they have now.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:12 am

This has been coming for a long time. They'll keep going after net neutrality until they win. It doesn't matter if it takes another year or another 20 years. It's like how, over here, every single voting cycle has a new bill to increase taxes in some way. You could vote that shit down 100 times and the 101th time it passes and you're fucked over.

That's not to say you shouldn't vote it down or stop it, just that you should get ready for an entrenched battle that may last as long as you live. And if you ever lose even one of those skirmishes, net neutrality in the USA is fucked and you will be paying for premium packages and shit just to use youtube.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Stranger wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:00 am
Pope Corky III wrote:
Not really. It's barely even getting talked about this time around. This is, like, the fifth time people have gone after Net Neutrality. They're banking on people getting tired of hearing about it and brushing it off so they can get it to pass.
Uhhhh....

I could seriously go on but I don't want to spam the board.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:25 am

YouTube sperges aren't, "talking about it." If you think them raising awareness is accomplishing anything then you're retarded.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:57 am

I can't even right now, it's like talking to ASS.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 am

Stranger wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:00 am
Pope Corky III wrote:

It's not like it'd accomplish anything, anyway. Internet prices in America are awful, anyway, and the speeds we get are terrible. The only packages that'd sell are gaming and (social) media packages leading to them going back to basically what they have now.
For all the noise that's made, I've started wondering to what degree getting rid of net neutrality would actually affect things one way or the other. You see people bring up these terrible scenarios but it seems dubious that companies would actually try to implement anything particularly extreme, because if you annoy your userbase enough they'll just move onto a company that isn't being as annoying. Then again, Comcast is still around despite having had infamously terrible customer service for years, so who knows.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:12 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:57 am
I can't even right now, it's like talking to ASS.
Edited from:
I'm sorry, I forgot they need to do nothing else but talk about it like Doge and wheres the fair use.
Get a spine, faggot. Anyway.

I'm not sure what the sentence is trying to convey but a large portion of the youtube viewership are younger adults and teenagers and the majority of them are either unable to do anything about it or uninterested in doing anything about it.

These guys sperging out will accomplish about as much as Doge did when he started his #WTFU campaign which succeeded in getting some of his stuff to make money again but also bred a terrible batch of whining children who cried #WTFU every time a video got demonetized even if it was correctly struck down (never forget Night Mind thinking he had fair use rights using almost 2 full minutes of Stranger Things footage with no added commentary).

They don't bring understanding. They don't bring in as many people to help push for this to be voted down as you think they do. They bring in disinterested millennials who don't fully understand the implications of what this would cause and who simply hear, "they might throttle my CoD speed," and go, "well that's terrible," and nothing else.

Even when some of them actually provide ways for the normies to help stop this happening they tend to bury it in their description boxes in such a way that someone with a short attention span won't find the link (SEE: Philip DeFranco).

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:16 am

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 am
For all the noise that's made, I've started wondering to what degree getting rid of net neutrality would actually affect things one way or the other. You see people bring up these terrible scenarios but it seems dubious that companies would actually try to implement anything particularly extreme, because if you annoy your userbase enough they'll just move onto a company that isn't being as annoying. Then again, Comcast is still around despite having had infamously terrible customer service for years, so who knows.
A lot of cable/internet providers in Burgerland are only around, still, because they provide the only (affordable) service to certain areas. You'll see plenty of people who hate Cox, for example, around where I live but Century Link offers worse speeds at the same, or higher, prices and has a track record of saying, "yo, price for life, no changes," then changing prices anyway.

In that sense, yeah, this would be bad because it'd basically feel like a monopoly.

In reality, though, people would just go with the less annoying options for their internet over having to pay for internet packages like they were choosing cable channels. As I said, the only packages that would sell over basic, all-rounders, would be social media, gaming, and other media entertainment ones.

In that sense it either accomplishes nothing or it allows families in the suburbs that just use Youtube, Facebook, and play Xbox online to get exactly what they want leading to a happier consumer base.

There's a lot more to think about than this doomsaying that everyone does all the time.