Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Net Neutrality....probably should have a thread here on it.

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Yeah I plan to get a vpn within the next few days, but that's also because a torrent I got was honey potted and my isp found it, so what perfect time than now.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Wilsondrake wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:46 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:23 pm
Honestly, our society might benefit more from less electronic use.

Then again, that's the sentiment of a fuck like me who's pushing 30, and not grounded in the reality that our society runs on that shit now.
Seriously? When we are so addicted to such electronics we would be throttled by the ISPs this sucks net neutrality should have not been repealed.
Please read my post one more time
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:35 am

Ben Shapiro getting fucking destroyed by someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

I am getting sick of a lot of these cuntwad conservatives who act like Net Neutrality was just some thing Obama put in place a few years ago. This was being debated a fucking decade ago, cunts like Shapiro, Milo and Crowder are being downvoted on youtube about this because those cunts think we have short memories. Good to know that this guy pointed out in was done in 1996, I wasn't sure exactly when it was put in place but I damn well know it was well before Obama made changes recently.

And I understand Obama's changes because that it somewhat of a problem in Australia. Telstra here used to be a public utility before being privatised so they own all the phone and internet and sell it to other companies. They tended to have the best speed but charged out the ass, while other companies were left with the scraps that ranged in quality.

Another thing brought up was availability, not every provider is available in every area since that isn't cost effective, and that's even worse in Australia due to the our population density. Free Market principles don't apply because often competitors won't be available in your area, so if one company decides to fuck you to access certain websites you can't go to another company.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:52 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Someone please tell me this is fake news.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:56 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:52 am

At this point I'll believe anything.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 am

Pope Corky III wrote:

What's it gotta do with Net Neutrality?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:

Screw those entitled transgender fetuses.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:28 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:35 am
Telstra here used to be a public utility before being privatised so they own all the phone and internet and sell it to other companies. They tended to have the best speed but charged out the ass, while other companies were left with the scraps that ranged in quality.
So pretty much like it's here.
The whole issue isn't even hard to understand. Imagine NAVSTAR GPS wasn't free. The USA own that shit entirely. Gallileo isn't completely finished but functional, Russia and China have their own systems. Still, if you buy a navigation system it likely relies on GPS.
Now imagine the USA demanding ten bucks a month for the use of GPS per device. There are three other options but you'll likely not have the choice to switch in the first place and no private company could reasonably just start their own satellite navigation system. Only a fuckhueg company could maybe pull that shit off. And then what? You think they will do that shit for free?
If net neutrality falls in your nation, it falls at all providers. Why should a company not throttle you? To offer something cheaper than the competition? Ever wondered why Wilkinson Sword and Gillette aren't exactly competitive towards each other and razor blades are expensive as shit?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:18 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:28 am
Why should a company not throttle you? To offer something cheaper than the competition? Ever wondered why Wilkinson Sword and Gillette aren't exactly competitive towards each other and razor blades are expensive as shit?
This and many other examples like petrol prices not being competitive is why Libertarians can fuck off with their notion that competition will just appear like magic and that "the free market will provide".

When you listen to them long enough you start realising that they see the free market as some sort of god that provides for you if you want something. Instead of praying for it, you demand it like a consumer and "the free market will provide'. They ignore that some things aren't profitable.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:30 am

Or that the "free market" might value shit that directly goes against what they want or even basic humanitarian emotions.

Maybe the free market values fucking slavery, ever think about that shit, ancaps?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome