Cracked is crumbling

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
wildmage

Re: Cracked is crumbling

Post by wildmage » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:16 pm

JL Unlimited wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:32 pm
wildmage wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:42 pm
I think the poz took over in early 2012 and much like AIDS, has killed them 5 years later.
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.3311596 ... 5,f.u1.jpg

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:59 pm

>moonspeak

GET DAT ASS BANNED!

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:27 pm

GO MEN!
GO MEN!

Just Some Random Guy

Post by Just Some Random Guy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 pm

I think the biggest problem I've had with Cracked is how frequently their various lists and such will exaggerate or ignore information in order to make their claims; I can't speak for everything but I've noticed that when reading articles about subjects I'm actually familiar with. Now sure, exaggerations can often be used for comedic effect. But despite their described status as a comedy site, their articles present themselves as being informative with some comedy included rather than being fun bits of comedy you shouldn't really take too seriously.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:22 pm

Just Some Random Guy wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 pm
I think the biggest problem I've had with Cracked is how frequently their various lists and such will exaggerate or ignore information in order to make their claims; I can't speak for everything but I've noticed that when reading articles about subjects I'm actually familiar with. Now sure, exaggerations can often be used for comedic effect. But despite their described status as a comedy site, their articles present themselves as being informative with some comedy included rather than being fun bits of comedy you shouldn't really take too seriously.
The "shipper trolls" Shatner is referring to are fans of some show I've never heard of that are insisting that two of of the show's actors are secretly dating each other but there is a conspiracy to keep it a secret. Shatner is friends with these actors and whenever he corrects these crazy fans, they accuse him of being racist, homophobic, etc.. SJW idiots (including the authors of the Cracked article mentioned by Shatner) will then just believe the accusations and repeat them.

Cracked has it's own lengthy Critical Research Failure section on TVTropes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:47 pm

They certainly love overselling shit for lists about totally rad and awesome shit that you've never heard about.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

wildmage

Post by wildmage » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:01 pm

The tvtropes section is quite mesmerizing: on one hand, it's a collection of autists nitpicking MLP and Marvel trivia that no same reporter would think of fact checking; on the other, they quite correctly point out that the journos at Cracked missreport facts, get basic stories wrong and don't even read their own sources when writing.

There has to be a threshold when even autists can win you in a debate, you should throw the towel.
Last edited by wildmage on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Can we have a Shatner appreciation thread? This guy is savage.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:30 am

Hasn't Sheanbaby been around about as long as Maddox? I enjoyed his articles for the most part because it was usually just dumb shit like Man Comics, how incredibly gay Phil Collins' music is and Justin Bieber's favourite knife fighting techniques. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:19 am

wildmage wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:01 pm
The tvtropes section is quite mesmerizing: on one hand, it's a collection of autists nitpicking MLP and Marvel trivia that no same reporter would think of fact checking; on the other, they quite correctly point out that the journos at Cracked missreport facts, get basic stories wrong and don't even read their own sources when writing.

There has to be a threshold when even autists can win you in a debate, you should throw the towel.
Autists can be very good at internet debates because they're so obsessive about things. The "weaponized autism" meme exists for a reason. Face to face, not so much.