Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:56 am

steam library nonsense always gets to me, its not like there hasnt been a whole new year which should be filled with great titles. Oh wait I forgot gaming is dead.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Darkest Dungeon at 10$ rigth now?
Love that game.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:20 pm

No idea why people like that game besides it getting massively overhyped by youtube shills.
Its about as deep as a puddle of mud.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:58 pm

inb4 tictac posting 2000 words on why it's supposedly good
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:23 pm

The game might actually manage to grow on me if I could actually manage to finish a friggin' expedition beyond the tutorial one because all the level 0 idiots are fucking useless and I'm to paranoid to use the level 1 ones from the tutorial. My only hope right now is upgrading the village till I can recruit better people. It's like the entire dungeon is a SNK boss.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Retail knows what's up. BTW now is the time to buy up all those PS3, Xbox 360 games. Stores want that shit gone from their shelves. Do it now if you want anything, because the PSP is shit ALREADY climbing in price. I remember a few years ago when PSP stuff was super cheap and the stores were clearing it out. Well, they finished clearing it out and now those games that Gamestop didn't destroy are increasing steadily in value. Not the shitty games obviously, but the good ones. I think I paid $11 for either Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre on PSP. Bet you anything those games will be up around $30 before too long, if they're not already.

Vita is a special case because their shit was always expensive and will probably continue to be expensive until the system dies.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:10 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:23 pm
The game might actually manage to grow on me if I could actually manage to finish a friggin' expedition beyond the tutorial one because all the level 0 idiots are fucking useless and I'm to paranoid to use the level 1 ones from the tutorial. My only hope right now is upgrading the village till I can recruit better people. It's like the entire dungeon is a SNK boss.
Upgrade the Stagecoach to get more recruits and to hold more too. Then focus on the blacksmith.

you can do some suicide runs to get some cash once you start getting 4 people at a time. Just pick any newcomer and send them into a dungeon run with few provisions (just about enough to open a few chests and so on to maximize profit) and dont bother to hold them after... just dismiss them and pick the next 4. This should be enough to score some cash, deeds and trinkets.

for serious runs, once you start getting recruits lvl1 that you want to keep, bring full food and torches (normally 4-8 short of the max supply of torches available to buy) and some supplies according to areas.

Ruins: bring mostly keys and a few shovels. Plenty of curios that open with both. Some herbs and a holy water since most useful curios interact with those. Bleed is not very useful here.

Warrens: bring some keys and some shovels, not as many stuff beyond blockades and a few big chests to open. Herbs are very useful... tons of curios interact with them for extra food and treasure. Bring some bandages (curio interact, traps, enemies). Blight here is worthless... and NEVER interact with the totems.

Weald: bring few keys and focus on a few shovels. Some antivenom and bandages allow you to interact with most curios (trees, cadavers) and a herb in case you find a carcass for food. Blight here is not very good, focus on bleeding and eldritch.

Cove: focus on shovels, many curios open with them, then few keys since only big chests matter here. Some herbs are useful with the carcasses for tons of food. On higher levels bring bandages, the champions have a nasty bleed. Bleed/blight are useful here.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Remind me to post a shitload of stuff to build on what Sploony said about Darkest Dungeon. I had huge walls of text up in 2.0 about how to play DD. You want to max out your stagecoach and party size so you can use disposable dudes to complete quests and earn money. Over time, wheat and chaff will separate and you'll end up with some dudes who have good quirks. That's the time to invest in locking their positive quirks and removing their negative ones. Not before.

Upgrading weapons and skills will make the game easier, but don't do this on your throwaway units. Safest units to upgrade when you're not sure which you'll keep would be your healers. Your party will almost always want a healer, which means Vestal or Occultist.

For now, concentrate on the basic strategies and party compositions:

Ruins: Enemies here are weak to Blight and weak against holy characters/damage types. So the Vestal, Crusader, Plague Doc, Grave Robber and Abomination are very strong. Units in the Ruins resist Bleed to a ridiculous extent, so do not bother with attacks that inflict bleed.

Cove: Again, Blight owns here. This area is harder than the ruins, so don't do it if you're struggling. The Occultist does amazing here because he deals extra damage to Eldritch enemies, which is what the Cove features. Any units that do more damage to eldritch do well here.

Warrens: Bleed is effective, Blight is not. So Houndmaster, Jester, Hellion, Bounty Hunter etc, these are the dudes you want. Bring a party that can stack either high damage or bleeds on the last 2 rows (Jester, Houndmaster, Arbalest) so you can kill those fucking annoying pigs that inflict a lot of stress.

Weald: Bleed stacking, again. Hellion is dope for this map. Hellions are dope in general.

My favorite units in the game: Abomination, Man-at-Arms, Houndmaster, Bounty Hunter, Occultist, Leper.

Strongest units IMO: Crusader, Man-at-Arms (tanks and buffs), Bounty Hunter, Vestal (best healer by far), Houndmaster, Hellion. Hellion is probably the strongest offensive unit, Houndmaster the strongest utility and Vestal the strongest healer. Occultists deserve special mention for "mark" parties and when pairing on maps like the Cove or with characters like the Abomination, who can't run in teams with Vestals.

My typical party, because I love Abominations, is (back row to front row order):

Houndmaster/Arbalest/Plague Doctor, Occultist, Abomination, Man-at-Arms/Bounty Hunter

A Plague Doc and Abomination in a single party with DECIMATE maps like the Cove and Ruins. You stack multiple blights on the back rows every turn. The Abomination's strength is his absurd flexibility as a character. You can transform to run him as a tank/massive damage dealer, or keep him human for blighting, stunning, healing/stress relief and speed tanking (he's quite able to dodge a lot of damage.)
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:42 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:35 pm
Remind me to post a shitload of stuff to build on what Sploony said about Darkest Dungeon. I had huge walls of text up in 2.0 about how to play DD. You want to max out your stagecoach and party size so you can use disposable dudes to complete quests and earn money. Over time, wheat and chaff will separate and you'll end up with some dudes who have good quirks. That's the time to invest in locking their positive quirks and removing their negative ones. Not before.

Upgrading weapons and skills will make the game easier, but don't do this on your throwaway units. Safest units to upgrade when you're not sure which you'll keep would be your healers. Your party will almost always want a healer, which means Vestal or Occultist.

For now, concentrate on the basic strategies and party compositions:

Ruins: Enemies here are weak to Blight and weak against holy characters/damage types. So the Vestal, Crusader, Plague Doc, Grave Robber and Abomination are very strong. Units in the Ruins resist Bleed to a ridiculous extent, so do not bother with attacks that inflict bleed.

Cove: Again, Blight owns here. This area is harder than the ruins, so don't do it if you're struggling. The Occultist does amazing here because he deals extra damage to Eldritch enemies, which is what the Cove features. Any units that do more damage to eldritch do well here.

Warrens: Bleed is effective, Blight is not. So Houndmaster, Jester, Hellion, Bounty Hunter etc, these are the dudes you want. Bring a party that can stack either high damage or bleeds on the last 2 rows (Jester, Houndmaster, Arbalest) so you can kill those fucking annoying pigs that inflict a lot of stress.

Weald: Bleed stacking, again. Hellion is dope for this map. Hellions are dope in general.

My favorite units in the game: Abomination, Man-at-Arms, Houndmaster, Bounty Hunter, Occultist, Leper.

Strongest units IMO: Crusader, Man-at-Arms (tanks and buffs), Bounty Hunter, Vestal (best healer by far), Houndmaster, Hellion. Hellion is probably the strongest offensive unit, Houndmaster the strongest utility and Vestal the strongest healer. Occultists deserve special mention for "mark" parties and when pairing on maps like the Cove or with characters like the Abomination, who can't run in teams with Vestals.

My typical party, because I love Abominations, is (back row to front row order):

Houndmaster/Arbalest/Plague Doctor, Occultist, Abomination, Man-at-Arms/Bounty Hunter

A Plague Doc and Abomination in a single party with DECIMATE maps like the Cove and Ruins. You stack multiple blights on the back rows every turn. The Abomination's strength is his absurd flexibility as a character. You can transform to run him as a tank/massive damage dealer, or keep him human for blighting, stunning, healing/stress relief and speed tanking (he's quite able to dodge a lot of damage.)
This man understands that adversity and existence... are one and the same.

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:49 pm

My chara composition is whatever i get my hands on.

I normally start with a vesdalt/occultist on 3rd rank, or a Jester. And go from there.

Either i focus on healing hp on the fights, and sanity on camps, or the opposite.

Then assign 2 that will focus on attack only and 1 that has flexibility to attack and support. Jester/occultist fall here, so i can pick a purely defensive as a 4th or go x2 attackers x2 flexibles.