What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:14 am

It took me like five minutes to clear the ziggurat of dust. And the dried king was a massive pussy. That is all.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:32 pm

You can use a shield with the greatsword, only thing you need is have the weapon skill high enough depending on the class of the weapon.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:43 pm

It wouldn't be a Darksouls clone if you couldn't go Claymore and Board.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Against my better judgement, because I like adventure games and Sherlock Holmes, after I've seen the Shitty One streaming that one Sherlock game, I've decided that it's finally time to beat it, because it's been sitting in my library for quite a while along with other games from the series. I was defending the game before, but oh god, this was a bad idea.

Since it's been quite the adventure on it's own, listen to my rambling:

The game is a technical mess. I've never seen a game that has an issue with G-sync where your character will endlessly walk forward! So there is that bug, unless you force v-sync from nvidia control panel and turn g-sync off, it's endless walking for you. After that bullshit, the game eventually started crashing almost every time I've tried to save it, or it wanted to autosave - devs suggested creating a new windows profile with only english characters, and they can fuck off with that.

I can take a lot, but my patience has it's limits and being paranoid of losing progress all the time is where I draw a line. I was about to give up on that bullshit, but then I've found a solution on steam forums (bless them for troubleshooting, if you don't find help there, your issue likely doesn't have a solution), turns out I had to run the game in a window!

But then the endless walking bug came back and I couldn't get rid of it, so I've ended up playing in FPS vomit vision, because the game actually allows you to play it in three different ways, and none of them really feels satisfying. You have a standard third person over the shoulder camera, which is apparently the intended way to play it, that I couldn't use, because of the walking bug. Then you have the FPS view with the shittiest field of view ever, and you often miss important items, because the camera is positioned lower than whatever you need to interact with. And lastly, there is the traditional fixed camera, which actually ended up saving my nerves more often than not.

Well, the game is playable and a decent adventure, but the story is convoluted mess and sometimes turns straight up into shit. I wasn't aware that Sherlock and Watson ever murdered someone in cold blood, I though I was supposed to be playing as one of the good guys, catching murderers, not becoming a one! So after turning my brain off from time to time, and accepting that this shit has 85% approval on steam, I was able to finish it. If it wasn't for the bugs, I would say that it was passable, but just barely. I still had much more fun that Spoony, who looked dead inside any time I've looked at the stream.

From all the Sherlock Games I've played, the Testament of Sherlock Holmes is easily the weakest one, mainly because of the shitty writing and technical issues. The gameplay (mostly logical puzzles and ideas, no moon logic aka use cat hair to make a mustache and glue that to a photo with a maple syrup to look like another guy that doesn't even have a mustache) and decent pacing saves it from my complete wrath.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:48 pm

What was the Sherlock game were Watson keeps teleporting behind you because they didn't have the budget for pathfinding and a walking animation?
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:24 pm
The game is a technical mess. I've never seen a game that has an issue with G-sync where your character will endlessly walk forward! So there is that bug, unless you force v-sync from nvidia control panel and turn g-sync off, it's endless walking for you. After that bullshit, the game eventually started crashing almost every time I've tried to save it, or it wanted to autosave - devs suggested creating a new windows profile with only english characters, and they can fuck off with that.
Man, seems someone never heard of Unicode. Unless you're using like hieroglyphics and shit, this shouldn't really happen in [current year].
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:32 pm
You can use a shield with the greatsword, only thing you need is have the weapon skill high enough depending on the class of the weapon.
I know. I just prefer to use two-handed. I don't find shields as OP in Salt and Sanctuary as in Dank Souls, because they make you move really fucking slow when you're hiding behind them. Half the time I just have a torch out anyway so I can platform around and see in the darkness.

I did pull out a shield for the Tree of Men boss, because I wasn't confident in my ability to avoid all the flame bullshit spurting everywhere.

I upgraded my claymore to the iron bulwark and that's been more than strong enough. Got up to a flying moth boss and got killed lel. Decided to roll a new character dex build for fun and I'm already back up to dome of the forgotten/hall of cages with them. But I'll go back to my main dude before too long.

Dex weapons are weird. Swords, Spears, Daggers and Scythes are your dex weapons. It's weird swords are dex. There's not really any quality build in this game.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Swords need to be dex to allow for katana supremacy.

Or maybe ever sword is either a shortsword or some dinky fencing thing?
-Yours Truly

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:48 pm
What was the Sherlock game were Watson keeps teleporting behind you because they didn't have the budget for pathfinding and a walking animation?
I believe it's Awakening, the Cthulhu one - as if the game wasn't creepy enough, you had your trusty colleague to frighten you by always standing behind you any time you turned around, judging you. My brother played it, so I remember, and I haven't found enough willpower to play it. Yet. In this game, when your partner follows you around, it looks silly, but at least there is an animation and the simpliest AI that mimics your movement.

Pretty much any of the Sherlock games have tiny budget, they are being made by an ukranian studio, where they pay their employees in bread, vodka and cheap salami. Or at the very least that's the impression you get from playing some of those games.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:09 am

I'm currently trying to build Vauban Prime. I have all the parts but the resources to build them are ridiculous.
Not only do you need more Rubedo for him as for any other item, not only do you need 7000 Oxium (absurd on it's own but you can get it on the market), not only do you need 7000 Cryotic (farming is easy enough but the amount is crazy), no, you also need twenty (20!) Nitain.
You can get Nitain only from alerts. No market, no farming. Technically you could get it as a mission reward but that's really tedious and the drop chance per mission is 1%. There are four alerts a day that reward 1 Nitain. If I'm lucky I'm around for two and then it's sometimes for a node on a planet I don't have yet. I still need 8 Nitain.

Yesterday evening I powered through five missions to get to the node on Pluto to still catch the alert with some random dude. The alert mission was the one where you have to hold four points and we were four people for it. I played Frost Prime, put a snow globe on three points and held two completely on my own, giving occasional fire assistance from across the map to a third point for the plebs. It was fun as fuck! :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:14 pm

One of the few games (or maybe the only one) I was looking forward to was RDR2 but with the new trailer my hypelevel just lowered. It seems not to include John Marston or theyre still waiting to reveal him but then I dont get the point of this trailer.
It also seems we will be forced into a bad guy role which I dont particulary like. Seeing those insane and violent renegades in RDR was cool because you got to hunt them down and gave you motivation as the good guy, doing all that nasty shit yourself just doesnt feel right to me.

I also hated playing as trevor in GTAV because I dont want to put myself in the shoes of a psychopath, I need at least some link with the main character to "roleplay as him" through the game.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine