Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:24 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:40 am
So their LotR nonsense actually worked? MtG players deserve the rope.
Or the D&D cards.
Or the Doctor Who ones.
They even have ones for Princess Bride and Jurassic Park, ffs.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:27 pm

The D&D cards I could understand - although the implementation of the "delve into the dungeon" mechanic was rather silly, at least tabletop RPG and Magic had been adjacent for years.

Initially, these franchise-tied sets would be Commander-specific only - so they would only ruin their (most popular) casual format and not the actual competitive formats. Then they decided to make Blackagorn and Gandalf the Nigger part of their competitive set rotation for some reason. It probably pushed away a handful of players, but these were probably replaced by retards buying into that shit - NOT actual black nerds btw, they are too busy playing Yugioh to care about representation on cardboard.

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:30 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:08 pm
Mike Mearls
I've searched his name on FreeTube.
Does everyone involved with D&D have Down syndrome?
Anyway, i guess the virgin who will have to find a new gayme is him.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:24 pm

Complicity wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:30 am
Does everyone involved with D&D have Down syndrome?
What did you expect from a game invented by this guy:

And further developed by not-a-persons like Monte Cook:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:24 am

Man, this one blew completely under my radar :lol:

Deck of Many Things box set delayed

So this 100 dollar tarot deck featuring a D&D supplement that serves no purpose but to emotionally validate someone's autistic lesbian Paladin OC had to be delayed because the company best known for the biggest trading card game on Earth fucked up when printing the titular Deck of Many Things :lol:
First, the cards as shipped had conflicting shapes, with some cards concave and others convex. As a result, they required a lengthy breaking-in period before they would lay flat on the table. Second, the paper bands used to secure the cards for shipment were so tight that removing them damaged the foil on the edge of the cards. Third, not all the cards were the same size, meaning that they could not be easily shuffled. Huge clumps of cards would slap onto the table, rather than riffle smoothly.
:mrgreen:
Trigger Warning: Terrible Card QualityShow
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:35 am

I guess the factory workers really didn't care for that shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:13 am

It's either sheer incompetence thanks to diversity hires, or part of a grand keikaku to sabotage their physical releases in order to shackle people to the digital subscription-based walled garden they're planning for the upcoming 6th edition.

I mean, we've had
  • Expensive card decks with terrible qualtiy
  • Books that had to be reprinted due to drama surrounding AI art and/or problematic content (that they've added themselves or let slip due to non-existent editing, like when the new Spelljammer made the flying monkeys extra black)
  • Books they reprinting on purpose in a 1984-style attempt to erase stuff that might be considered problematic (such as "Demons are always evil")
Then they've already announced their print runs are (supposedly) so large that they can't print all the new 6th edition core books at the same time (but I'm sure their lovely subscription service will give you early access to them ;) ).
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:07 pm

Kinda odd that Games Workshop never had those issues printing fucktons of rule books.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:37 pm

Drama regarding GW books is mostly reserved for when an army gets nerfed into the ground or becomes broken af. Or there's yet another codex that praises the almighty Ultramarines to high heavens.
Really it's mostly when a book involves notorious Ultramarines fanboy Matt Ward. This got so bad GW stopped mentioning who worked on their books :lol:
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:12 pm

Hating the Ultramarines is a very gay reddit opinion that's forced as fuck. It's like flipping out over pineapple on pizza.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!