Telltale "Games"

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Seele

Telltale "Games"

Post by Seele » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Has there ever been a more overpraised adventure game developer than these lazy incompetent assholes?
  • They were one of the catalysts who triggered this cancerous "Episodic Gaming" formula that led to season pass downloadable crap like Life is Strange, Hitman, and the new King's Quest.
  • They continue to use an outdated engine for each game they release, leading to constant bugs, stilted animations,
    lag, and last gen textures.
  • Their "games" barely qualify as actual games. They're cinematic poor excuses for movies licensed from existing IPs interlaced with terrible writing & a constant stream of QTEs that somehow qualify as "gameplay." They're arguments over how their games are an "hommage to point-and-click adventure games of the good ol' days," but Telltale's diarrhea is severely dumbed down for the masses and completely pale in comparison to actual adventure games of old.
  • They continue to sell you the same lie of how "your choices will affect the game," but it's a load of bullshit since they constantly railroad you to a predetermined path no matter which character dies or which decision you side with or which items you use/take with you in each of their games since TWD Season 1.
  • With the exception of a few of their games, they take far too long releasing episodes of their latest seasons. Their release schedule between episodes can take months.
It just makes me sick that their fandom allows them to continue to get away with this shit. Episodic gaming is a fad in desperate need of getting euthanized ASAP.
Last edited by Seele on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Telltale "Games"

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 pm

An hommage? Old point-and-click adventures had actual gameplay in the form of puzzles. Cryptic, often nonsensical puzzles, but puzzles nontheless.
And from what I've seen, their excuse for an "inventory system" is just a joke.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:15 pm

None of their adventure games is as good as Mean Streets. They suck ass at making "adventures".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 pm

No, there has never been a more overpraised game series obviously made by hackfrauds. Every one of these games sucks shit without exception.

If you're going to quote me and reference some old game from the '90s, realize that those aren't the games they make anymore and slap yourself. Telltale is garbage. All they do is make the same boring episodic movie games (as in, games that are movies) using whatever license they managed to grab this week.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rat-fuck

Post by rat-fuck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:18 am

Poor Batman. He will be missed.

Too bad Telltale is so shit. They were formed as a continuation of LucasFarts, but guess that didn't work out so well. They put out a few good games but realised the shit ones were easier and probably sold more.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:15 am

I've played through a few Telltales games (namely Sam & Max season 2 and 3, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and some Monkey Island game) when they were handing them out for a buck each during a PSN Flash Sale and found them to be quite interchangeable. I've seen people online praise the BTTF game as what the unmade fourth movie should had been, but it seemed more like unnecessary fan-fiction to me. The fact that it has such a hideous art style (a common trait in Telltale games) didn't really do it any favors,

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 am

I would consider there games more interactive visual novels without waifus more than anything
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am

Or interactive movies. At least their marketing strategy (movie/videogame tie-in + "episodic" release) is working quite well so far, I guess.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 am

I played the Game of Thrones one, and whilst it had a fairly good story, it is most certainly not a 'game' unless you're the biggest Simon Says fan ever. Fuck, the Choose Your Own Adventure books gave you more control over your character.

As for being a homage to point-and-click adventures, well, Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis they're not.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon May 08, 2017 9:54 am

They are barely games, the amount of interaction and influence you have on the story is laughable. I watched the Batman one (ocasionally touching the controller), excluding some cosmetic changes you can make in the dialog, the only thing you have an influence on are the fight scenes which of course are glorified qte and planning the fights, which means that for each goon you have two possibilities how to finish him. It's almost as it would be more interesting as a comic book, oh wait they tell you after each episode you can buy some in the online store.