Cancelled games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Cancelled games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Why would you rip off Donte? He looks like how JesuOtaku thinks her new and improved male self looks like, and he has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 pm

I don't know but I couldn't last beyond 1:35 before the cringe and disgust was way too strong for me to handle. If that twat isn't a Donte ripoff I don't know what is.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:10 am

I'm still waiting for Socks the Cat Rocks the House.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:08 pm

I think the guy who has the only (?) copy of Socks the Cat refuses to dump the ROM. It's pretty much all his claim of epeen is.

Joe Roscoe

Post by Joe Roscoe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 am

Some games that I had looked forward to but obviously never came to fruition

Killing Day would have been interesting take on FPS of the time, it felt like a stylish action game but I think the comments mentioned that this was a render and not gameplay, so who knows if it would have worked though Ubisoft has continued to renew the trademark every now and then but I'm not holding out hope of a re-reveal

Raven Blade was from Retro Studios, the same guys behind Metroid Prime trilogy, though at the time, the company was struggling and eventually Nintendo told the team to cancel everything and focus on development on Metroid Prime instead, which worked out though it would have been interesting to see Nintendo published WRPG

Overstrike was team based 3rd person shooter from Insomniac and while no gameplay ever came out, it should promise with interesting cartoony characters....so logically EA did a focus test consisting of 12 year old Call of Duty players and they all hated it and thought it looked too kiddy and then Insomniac went ahead and killed the game and turned into a generic mess called Fuse

Prey 2 was of course a sequel to Prey and it did emphasize on more bounty hunting and interrogating other aliens plus the hero from the 1st Prey game would have appeared as well as a connection, the main hero of Prey 2 was a survivor of a plane crash seen in Prey 1. Could have been cool and it sure as hell sounded more interesting than the Prey reboot Bethesda end up doing and turning into a survival horror game

Lily Bergamo was from Suda51 and while who knows what the fuck this game was gonna be about, it looked really promising and had a weird style to it but for whatever reason, Suda51 wasn't happy or couldn't get the game to work and reworked the entire game into Let It Die instead

We all know what happened with Dinosaur Planet and how Shigeru Miyamoto thought the hero looked like Fox and turned into a Star Fox but

X-Women was something I recalled reading about in magazines and was curious but further reading, it was indeed a sequel to the X-Men games that came out for the Genesis, focused on the female X-Men members including Jean Grey, Storm, and Rogue, who knows if others were gonna be part of the game but it was set to come out late in the Genesis and it was developed by the same team who did the awesome The Adventures of Batman and Robin for Genesis as well

Finally, here's a WCW game for PS2, called by this point WCW 2000, only concept renders came to magazines and here's rare test footage and voice work. All it was known was it to be developed by Aki, who did the N64 wrestling games that have been fondly remembered. Of course if you know what happened with WCW later on, you know why this game got cancelled though Aki and EA shifted work from this game into Def Jam Vendetta instead

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 pm

RIP Fear Effect Inferno :(

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Is that the original sequel or the Social Justice-approved Kickstarter one where the girls wear burkas?

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Some unreleased games (or cut content) fascinate me to the point of obsession, fortunately, there is only so much information that's been released about them in the past, so I didn't waste that much time on them.

Resident Evil 1.5 (I like super oldschool survival horror games, and this ties in so many ideas and what-ifs that it's just very enjoyable to read about it), Fable (a lot of cut content, in general, development of that game was a mess and that's why it fascinates me, there were so many ideas that never got used), BC (another Molyneux game) to name a few...

If you're interested in seeing beta versions or cut content in general, I can recommend this channel that focuses on preservation of those games and provides detailed informative videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/ptoponline/videos

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 am

He sounds like Ahnold! :lol:
Interesting channel. You've suggested it before at some point but I forgot to check it out. Will do now.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 am.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!