Cancelled games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Cancelled games

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Came to mind while I was reading an old '97 EGM. There was a cool Twisted Metal-esque racing game called Propaganda for the PSX that looked mostly done. I looked it up, though, and couldn't find any reason why it was cancelled or even when it happened, but apparently it was going to have lots of FMV starring 90s Yancy Butler (before drugs destroyed her mug).

Seele

Re: Cancelled games

Post by Seele » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Well, since it was recent, I guess Scalebound counts as it was supposed to release this year, but some shit went down between Microsoft & Platinum that led to it's cancellation. Rumor has it that Microsoft wanted to stuff it with numerous microtransactions, but Hideaki Kamiya wouldn't have it, and it led to disagreements which stunted development.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:48 am

I'm still salty that the 4th TimeSplitters never happened. That was like the only console shooter franchise I gave a toss about.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:28 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:48 am
I'm still salty that the 4th TimeSplitters never happened. That was like the only console shooter franchise I gave a toss about.
That franchise refined and perfected the Goldeneye formula. It added so much to the Goldeneye style of gameplay with local multiplayer options that rivalled PC games, with a map editor, a shit ton of modes like UT 2004 and options for a ton of bots.

I still regret not getting Timesplitters 3 for the online. Though I had a PS2 so the online would have been laggy and shit, but compared to today with what is usually 3 modes a Timesplitters online game is what we fucking need.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:53 pm

I still have all 3 TimeSplitters... its a shame since they where really fun.

Fear effect 3 Inferno. Its a weird series, but i loved it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:35 pm

I think I only borrowed the first TimeSplitters, but I own the other two. I was a bit miffed that the third one cut down on the dual-wield options, but then again being able to alpha strike with two double-barrelled shotguns was a bit crazy.

I also really liked the tone of the games. A lot less serious than a brown military shooter, but not quite as dumb as current MMO shooters where everything is about memes and references and shit.

Also the fuckhuge selection of characters was rad. Badass Cyborg was is my homie.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Future Perfect was my jam. What a fun little game and the multiplayer was very robust on consoles. Like you said, the game didn't have as many "humor = reference internet maymays" as modern comedic games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Seele wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:41 pm
Well, since it was recent, I guess Scalebound counts as it was supposed to release this year, but some shit went down between Microsoft & Platinum that led to it's cancellation. Rumor has it that Microsoft wanted to stuff it with numerous microtransactions, but Hideaki Kamiya wouldn't have it, and it led to disagreements which stunted development.
I'm actually glad it got shitcanned. The protagonist came off as the most annoying faggot I've seen as a player character ever. Fucking cringe worthy dubstep shit with some cunt that makes Dante look modest. I hope that shit never resurfaces!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Scalebound underwent various radical changes during its conceptual stages to the point that it barely resembled the original pitch by the time it was being made into an actual game.
http://twinfinite.net/2015/10/scaleboun ... dinosaurs/

The decision to change the MC from a young girl to a swordsman was made before Microsoft got involved, but I wouldn't put it pass them that they would shoehorn Not-Donte into the game. He feels like a very typical western game protagonist who has to make a snarky remark about everything that's going on around him. The fact that he looks like a ripoff of a ripoff doesn't do him any favors.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:25 pm

He's got a fuckload of a Donte vibe about him. I despised his design and attitude. That whole mp3 player dubstep shit reeked of some out-of-touch-marketing-faggot-decision. "Kids like that wuub wuub music, no? Put that in there!"
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!