I upgraded my pc but now I cant find any good new games to try...

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: I upgraded my pc but now I cant find any good new games to try...

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 pm

And a roguelike interface might work for, well, roguelikes, but if you have to manage a whole bunch of dorfs? Things get confusing fast.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 pm

My problem with roguelikes in general, and this makes me sound like a pleb, but it's that the interfaces are shit. Cluttered all to fuck, garbage to navigate and confusing as hell unless you spend hours reading.

I like games such as Don't Starve, Darkest Dungeon etc because they offer a roguelike experience that's as deep as you want it to be, but with a much more accessible interface.

Top down with simple graphics is fine, but what's not fine is the fucking awful menu systems. On the other hand, get TOO simple and you end up with Rogue Legacy, which IMO is also shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 pm

That's just because you're a faggot. What is cluttered about everything being assigned a letter?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:51 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:41 am
this is insane, I googled best games of 2016, best games of 2017 so far and thinks like that and I dont like most games that are mentioned.
Either you've finally become a boring old fart that can't enjoy vidja games anymore, or you've invested like 15 minutes to search through the worst articles out there. If it's the latter, get yourself together, remember what genre you like the best and try actually looking for games. You haven't said anything about your preferences (at least in first page of this topic) besides being a stereotype retro gamer who can't enjoy anything new, because it's gay.

Also, why limit yourself only to 2016 and newer?

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:51 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:41 am
this is insane, I googled best games of 2016, best games of 2017 so far and thinks like that and I dont like most games that are mentioned.
Either you've finally become a boring old fart that can't enjoy vidja games anymore, or you've invested like 15 minutes to search through the worst articles out there. If it's the latter, get yourself together, remember what genre you like the best and try actually looking for games. You haven't said anything about your preferences (at least in first page of this topic) besides being a stereotype retro gamer who can't enjoy anything new, because it's gay.

Also, why limit yourself only to 2016 and newer?
Or I just dont like overhyped crap that is about as deep as a puddle of mud.... YOU name those games I seem to have missed / overlooked then if you are so sure there were plenty...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 pm

You're so silly. People don't play games because of the gameplay. It's about the deep story and rich lore!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:17 pm

wtf are you trying to say? Gameplay mechanics cant be deep or shallow?....
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Gameplay just gets in the way of storytelling. Every developer should follow Telltale's lead.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Trying to save face and horribly failing 101?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:17 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:50 pm
Or I just dont like overhyped crap that is about as deep as a puddle of mud.... YOU name those games I seem to have missed / overlooked then if you are so sure there were plenty...
I will not, because you're a lazy cunt who doesn't deserve to have videogames recommended to them. There are hundreds, if not thousands of good games released every year, so how exactly am I suppose to recommend something to you, if I don't know what appeals to you? Even if I did that, you're just going to say that it sucks, because you're not honest with yourself - videogames don't appeal to you anymore, it's time to just be mature, sad and miserable.

@VoiceOfReasonPast Why not have both? This kind of crying never made sense to me, the industry has changed, in some ways to worse, but that doesn't mean that great games aren't being released.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.