I upgraded my pc but now I cant find any good new games to try...

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: I upgraded my pc but now I cant find any good new games to try...

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:34 am
You claim I haven't played those open world ubisoft games, therefore I think they are shit. Couldn't possibly be that I did play them and that's why I think they're shit and you have bad taste. 8^)

But keep trying to defend your bad taste m80.
Not that I wouldn't believe you, but you remind me of those Assassin's creed people who have played one of two games in the past, didn't like them, and measure every single game based about that experience. At least when I think something is shit, I don't continue playing it, because I would feel like an asshole.

With pleasure. I'll always defend it with various weak arguments against the majority of you snobs. I would hate to end up as someone who dislikes most of the videogames he tries playing.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:47 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:34 am
You claim I haven't played those open world ubisoft games, therefore I think they are shit. Couldn't possibly be that I did play them and that's why I think they're shit and you have bad taste. 8^)

But keep trying to defend your bad taste m80.
Not that I wouldn't believe you, but you remind me of those Assassin's creed people who have played one of two games in the past, didn't like them, and measure every single game based about that experience. At least when I think something is shit, I don't continue playing it, because I would feel like an asshole.

With pleasure. I'll always defend it with various weak arguments against the majority of you snobs. I would hate to end up as someone who dislikes most of the videogames he tries playing.
First you say that it's wrong to judge later games in a series based on the earlier games being shit. Then you immediately say it's stupid to keep playing a game series after you realize you don't like it, because that makes you an asshole.

So either I have to be an asshole to play a series I don't like beyond 1 game, or I have to be an uninformed pleb who prejudges the entire series based on an earlier game in the franchise that I played and don't like.

There's no way to win with you. You won't allow for anyone to have an opinion disliking a mainstream game without invalidating said opinion with one of those two arguments. Or so it seems to me.

Do you really dismiss all criticisms of these mainstream games in one of those two ways, or will you admit that some of these mainstream AAA games you like could be said to be kind of shitty, and it's totally fine to point out how shitty they are?

Ubisoft is one of those companies that made okay games during the ps2/xbox og era. Then the next gen hit and they've been pretty much garbage since. I'd have a more tolerant view towards these franchises like asscreed and farcry if not for the fact I HAVE put in many hours into those games. They're fucking trash. Bottom of the barrel, scavenger hunt simulator garbage. Only Ubisoft can take a premise that should be exciting and thrilling and make it feel like filing your taxes.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:03 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:37 am
Well, aren't you an edgelord now... I think you're mistaking this for foxdickfarms. It seems like I've really pissed you off from before - you don't need to try so hard for a comeback, I¨ve tried to give you some genuine tips, your fault that you're taking it so seriously. The joke is really on you.
lol you do your name justice, sick in the head that is...

Edgelord? For replying to your post? Try hard? Ive only posted short sentences with my general thoughts about the games you mentioned. In my topic that is XD
What is there not to be taken seriously when you give a list of games? It was a joke? Ah so you agree those games arent anything above mediocre. HA-HA-HA funny joke man...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:14 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:47 am
First you say that it's wrong to judge later games in a series based on the earlier games being shit. Then you immediately say it's stupid to keep playing a game series after you realize you don't like it, because that makes you an asshole.

So either I have to be an asshole to play a series I don't like beyond 1 game, or I have to be an uninformed pleb who prejudges the entire series based on an earlier game in the franchise that I played and don't like.

There's no way to win with you.
Yeeeees, well. no. The difference is the point of view. If you keep playing something you dislike, that's a waste of time - it's simply my philosophy when it comes to games, I've stopped playing multiple games because I wasn't having fun anymore, and I've never came back. But if you assume that every sequel is equally shitty to a game you didn't like, don't you think that's a bit ignorant? Either way, it's your opinion, I'm presenting mine. I don't think Far Cry games are shit for example, even though I hate FC2.

Fair enough, you hate some Asscreed and Far Cry games you've played, that still doesn't change my mind, but I'm not gonna call you an ass for hating those games, I've said my piece.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:47 am
Ubisoft is one of those companies that made okay games during the ps2/xbox og era. Then the next gen hit and they've been pretty much garbage since. I'd have a more tolerant view towards these franchises like asscreed and farcry if not for the fact I HAVE put in many hours into those games. They're fucking trash. Bottom of the barrel, scavenger hunt simulator garbage. Only Ubisoft can take a premise that should be exciting and thrilling and make it feel like filing your taxes.
This is where we'll going to disagree, I think they're not trash, and all the collectibles in those games are optional. If you don't like those, you can easily ignore them, unless you get triggered by them simply existing on the ingame map. Why did you choose something that in all of those games you can pretty much completely ignore, would the removal of that make those games significantly better?

@AngrySpoonySnob Boohoo, cry me a river. How long you're gonna stay salty? Your reasoning for hating all those games is mostly shit, just in case you care. Keep trying to find a game you'll enjoy.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 pm

The activities in ubisoft sandbox games themselves are fucking boring as shit, including all the story stuff, which often amounts to little more than doing the same shit the optional objectives would have you do.

A great example of what I'm talking about is the shitty parkour platforming system in asscreed. You use 2 buttons to do everything and the game fucking does all this shit automatically without any input from you. It's lazy as shit and makes an activity that SHOULD be exciting and action-packed (racing from rooftop to rooftop and clambering along walls) an automated process akin to holding a sprint button in Gears of War.

Then you have the terrible enemy AI, bland computer graphics gimmick, shitty combat engine and, as mentioned, obnoxious collectibles/prosaic and dull gameplay.

FarCry is hugely overrated. Crysis 1 was a fun game, but that's about all. FarCry is the textbook example of how to do an open world series all wrong. It's a massive world full of shit to do, but the world itself still feels completely empty compared to any actually-good open world game, like Vice City, Red Dead or Borderlands. There's a lot of "shit to do" in Farcry games, but very little HAPPENS in these games when you're not engaging specifically in a side quest (aka checking off boxes on a scavenger list or following a basic map marker mission.) For all the animals and factions and shit, the maps are so spread out that the world doesn't interact with itself in any meaningful ways.

In Vice City, you could see a random cop chasing a dude, and punch him for the cop to catch. People would walk up and sometimes steal your car while you were parked. Different gang factions would fight. And just, people would walk around and hang out. Those worlds felt alive. Ubisoft sandboxes always feel so empty and pointless. They give you a million things to collect, but 99% of it has no impact on gameplay and does nothing for you. It's not like collecting stars in Mario 64 or power cells in Jak. It's not even as useful as collecting horses in Red Dead. It's just shit you can do that fills a completion %.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:44 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 pm
A great example of what I'm talking about is the shitty parkour platforming system in asscreed. You use 2 buttons to do everything and the game fucking does all this shit automatically without any input from you. It's lazy as shit and makes an activity that SHOULD be exciting and action-packed (racing from rooftop to rooftop and clambering along walls) an automated process akin to holding a sprint button in Gears of War.
I see that as necessary evil. I certainly don't play AC for sophisticated gameplay (because there is none), and the simplification of parkour meant less getting stuck when the character did something I didn't wanted, in short, they never made a system that would allow for more precise parkour which would also allow for good precision and low frustration. A lot of the charm in AC to me is the settings, the presentation (graphics and music) and the fact that those games can be played as a relaxing jouney. If I were to judge them only from a mechanical standpoint, I would probably end up saying they're shit just like you do :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:49 pm
There's a lot of "shit to do" in Farcry games, but very little HAPPENS in these games when you're not engaging specifically in a side quest (aka checking off boxes on a scavenger list or following a basic map marker mission.) For all the animals and factions and shit, the maps are so spread out that the world doesn't interact with itself in any meaningful ways.
See, this is a perfectly fair criticism, I feel the same about Skyrim, except in Skyrim it's so much worse, because it's an rpg. In FarCry 3, I've never felt like the few interactions it had were an issue, even though seeing the AI for example to make raids on your allies would make for much more interesting game, it still had satisfying gunplay, the formula from FC2 was greatly improved, villain was appealing, missions were varied and fun, and the game was going somewhere. Then they did something similar, only worse in every way for FC4, which I consider mediocre.

And this is actually why I like Primal more, because it's more of a sandbox in a way that the nature and people interact more, and if feels like stuff is happening outside of your actions. Of course, it's still on a small scale, but it's at least something.

However, the comparison to Vice City is kinda shit. It's not like factions in Far Cry don't fight, they sure have those little, simplistic skirmishes that you see in Vice City, and it's not like GTA has evolved in this that much in past years. As for collectibles, I've said it, it sure would be better if they were all adding something meaningful, but since they're all optional, you can just ignore them. It's a missed opportunity for sure, I'll give you that. I like how the new Tomb Raider handles collectibles, everything has small trivia from the protagonist, Shadow of Mordor did similar thing.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:17 am

I didn't shit on the new tomb raider when you mentioned it, because I kind of enjoy the rebooted womb raider. It's a bit too linear and theme park ride-ish for me, but that's the AAA shit creeping in. The metroidvania elements were kind of fun. The platforming was a lot better than other AAA platforming gaymes and the shooting was ok.

The game still holds your hand too much and has too many scripted sequences and not enough hubs, but it's better than asscreed at least. You mentioned not knowing how they could improve asscreed platforming, but then bring up rebootraider. Rebootraider's platforming is much better than asscreed's.

I brought up Vice City as an example that an open world game from so long ago still shits from great height on modern ubisandboxes, despite all the technical limitations of the PS2.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:39 pm

I remember how an old lady just threw me out of my car in either Vice City or Sand Andreas and drove away. I think she wasn't actually the original owner.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:21 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:17 am
You mentioned not knowing how they could improve asscreed platforming, but then bring up rebootraider. Rebootraider's platforming is much better than asscreed's.
That's a different thing though. Most of the time in Tummy Raider, you move to one side etc., it's pretty limiting even outside of the many scripted scenes or camera closeups, the design of most of the levels doesn't allow for much. Meanwhile Asscreed let's you move around freely and fast, at the expense of being very simplistic. And I don't mind that, like I've said, the parkour is fine to me as experience while running around the cities etc., not because I would enjoy it being complex.

Both are different things, and while I like Tomb Raider, I have to say that lot of the platforming felt rather dull, whenever it was cinematic or not, because most of the time, you can't really fail. It's especially bad when something tense is supposed to happen, but you know you're perfectly safe. Of course running on buildings in AC is ridiculous (it would be pointless to mention unrealistic, as if anyone wouldn't know by looking at any of the games, maybe besides the first one), but I am willing to suspend my disbelief if it allows me to move without being worried - the movement also needs to be fast enough, otherwise you would end up just running on the ground.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:17 am
I brought up Vice City as an example that an open world game from so long ago still shits from great height on modern ubisandboxes, despite all the technical limitations of the PS2.
If you mean that they haven't evolved much besides that simplistic stuff, then yes. But I'll start hating on those games when the more expansive sandbox elements (like some actual continued actions from NPCs, not just random generated simple actions, something that proceeds to work for hours in game) becomes a standard. I sure don't know about any big or little sandbox game that's utilizing these elements effectively.

I still remember how the "radiant AI" in Oblivion was supposed to work, characters having meaningful optional conversations and lives outside of the player's presence. In the end, that never happened, it was all a lie. And here we are, in 2017, still having none of that.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:21 pm
"radiant AI"[/url] in Oblivion was supposed to work, characters having meaningful optional conversations and lives outside of the player's presence. In the end, that never happened, it was all a lie. And here we are, in 2017, still having none of that.
And the gaming industry did it again when the new "always online because why not" Sim City was hyped as simulating every single citizen in your city. Not only was that a lie as well, but the few citizens that did end up getting simulated are retards who have to look for a new job - sometimes even a new home - every morning.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette