I upgraded my pc but now I cant find any good new games to try...

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: I upgraded my pc but now I cant find any good new games to try...

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:43 pm

@Poonoo Why do you keep limiting yourself to only AAA production?
I don't, I just brought that up as an example of how gaming has improved a bit from the fucking dark age we had before.
Just admit it you pleb, you don't really care about gaming anymore either. I refuse to believe that on consoles you have no selection of games...
Now you're just being a salty cunt because we don't like every AAA piece of shit game like you do. I bought a fucking PS4 a month ago and got 7 games for the thing, the only non-Jap games I got though were FIFA 17 (haven't bought a new version since 12) and Tearaway Unfolded which was an impulse buy because it was cheap and I am regretting it so far since it offers no fucking challenge like it was made solely for babies and relies too heavily on it's art style, kind of like Fez. Gravity Rush 2 came out recently and I am enjoying it, bought the first game too.

I know there are games out there dipshit, that doesn't mean everything is all roses and fucking sunshine because it isn't. On the whole I think gaming is in a recovery period after it's first true dark age. It seems like devs got over the whole Michael Bay spectacle crap lately and are at least trying to make good games, and Indie games aren't just 2D pixel crap platformers anymore. But that doesn't mean most AAA games aren't now crappy open world games with nothing in them with shit gameplay and that many indie games have extremely shallow gameplay.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:41 pm
Just gtfo of my topic already I dont need people like you here. You've added 0 to the conversation and just whined like some butthurt fanboy of gaming in general so bye.
Or what? You'll become even more like some internet nobody? I'm not your enemy, come on, one can't even have a little fun? What I've said is true, you are lazy to do some research, and really seek conflict in everything, so calm down and stop trying to defend yourself all the fucking time.

Sure, I'll name few games I've really enjoyed, feel free to shit all over them, all I can say is that despite some shortcomings, they're pretty good. I won't limit myself to games that have been released in past 2 years, I'll try to give some highlights of what I've played in last 2 years.

Witcher 3 and expansion packs, Wolfenstein (plus expansion pack, and new one is coming this year), Warhammer: Total War, RIME, Metro 2033 and Last Light, Mount & Blade Warband (Prophesy of pendor mod, over 100 hours alone), Payday 2 (it's mindless ok fun with a lot of content), Shadow of Mordor, Ori and the blind forest, Ghost recond: Wildlands, Battlefield 4, Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush Frontiers, Far Cry Primal, Lara Croft GO, Samorost 3, both bew Tomb Raiders, Grim Dawn, Planet Coaster, and so on. Pick your poison, those are all good games. I have tried Titanfall 2 and it didn't grew on me yet, but I'll try it some more. I still think that Battlefield 3 and 4 formula is simply better.

@Poonoo You still seem overly depressive to me, I'm not defending AAA gaming, my point was kinda opposite, I would say that AAA gaming is an easy target, because just like Hollywood, you can easily spot some overblown projects that despite crazy budget are very mediocre. But it's not like that's the only option, but it's of course the easiest one, since due to marketing, you see those games in every media. Over all, I agree that a lot of games fall short on what could be their potential, but as a single consumer, I don't have the power to change the whole industry around, so I just choose to pick off the good things. I sure won't play something I don't like while trying to convince myself that it's worth it.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:44 pm

I think gaming is somewhere in between both opinions, there's a lot of bad games but a decent amount that can be found range from okay to great
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:45 pm

I have a strange fascination with Orange Juice games. I have a thing for weird animu scrolling shooters, and their games tend to have batshit nonsense plots, especially the crossovers. I mean, they have some weird pokemon-clone JRPG thing where your protagonist is literally called Protagonist, and everything seems to be run by some weird game master who just makes shit up as he goes along.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Charlar wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:44 pm
I think gaming is somewhere in between both opinions, there's a lot of bad games but a decent amount that can be found range from okay to great
That's pretty much what I've been saying, but I guess I give in to the sperge too much and then get labeled as a filthy casual and AAA lover by german and australian scumbags. I would still say that having hundreds of great games released every year isn't far-fetched.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:48 am

I think Mount and Blade kind of falls outside of modern or AAA gaming. It's pretty old by now and it was never a AAA game. As for stuff like Ghost Recon Wildlands, that's your pleb taste talking. 8^)
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:45 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 pm
Charlar wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:44 pm
That's pretty much what I've been saying, but I guess I give in to the sperge too much and then get labeled as a filthy casual and AAA lover by german and australian scumbags. I would still say that having hundreds of great games released every year isn't far-fetched.
Stay salty, faggot. Instead of saying again and again that you aren't affected by people's opinion of your taste how about you accept that you have shit taste and live with it? Lots of rationalizing of crap taste is all one reads from you. I know you're not a stupid guy but your taste in vidya is Flustered Fernando tier.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:34 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:48 am
I think Mount and Blade kind of falls outside of modern or AAA gaming. It's pretty old by now and it was never a AAA game. As for stuff like Ghost Recon Wildlands, that's your pleb taste talking. 8^)
It can't be AAA because it probably didn't even cost 1/4 of your typical AAA release and just dumps you straight into the sandbox instead of delivering a deep cinematic experience.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:48 am
Yeah, I've mentioned it's a random list of games I've played in past 2 years (not being released in past 2 years) that are pretty good, and Mount and Blade stays relevant thanks to many mods that are being developed all the time, lot of them change things around so much that it's like a new expansion pack - I've been playing it, because a new version of a massive mod was released recently. As for Wildlands, let me guess, you've heard someone saying it's shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:45 am
I know you're not a stupid guy but your taste in vidya is Flustered Fernando tier.
Thanks. Despite you kicking back, I'll keep trying to introduce you to good games. As for José, you've reminded me his stupid reviews for Skyrim and Fallout 4. Fuck those games. It's not my problem that he happens to like some of the games I do (Witcher 3) as well.

@VoiceOfReasonPast If you're talking about Mount & Blade and think they had 1/4 of a budget of a AAA game back then, that's a pretty nice compliment. They made the game out of nothing and cow shit, since developers come from Turkey, or some god forgotten land out of nowhere.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:18 am

Well, I'm not really familiar with the production costs of such a budget title, so I assumed <= 1/4 was a safe bet.
-Yours Truly