E3!

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Duwango
Goon

Re: E3!

Post by Duwango » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:17 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:40 am
Hype is a social construct.
Remember how people were losing their shit about that game where you play that red-haired dreadlock bitch hunting cyber dinosaurs or something? What did it end up? A dead fish. You don't even hear about it, hence why I don't remember the name at all. Something Horizons or some shit like that.
As Seele pointed out: Every. Fucking. Time.
I googled it up out of minor curiosity, and apparently Horizon Zero Dawn (First time I heard of it, shows how much I give a shit about gaming these days) is the 2nd best selling game on the PS4 thus far. Not that it matters much since Sony hasn't turned in a profit for fuck knows how long and they're only still afloat thanks to sweet gibs from the Japanese government.

E3 used to be very good up until the mid-2000s. It's a rather striking coincidence that, much like a whole lot of other things, E3 started to circle the drain in the same year that the curse of JewTube was bestowed upon humanity.

Gaming "culture" as a whole is for the most part cultivated by and for autistic trenders from reddit, neogaf and etc. who still live with their parents in their mid twenties. Casually enjoying and discussing games anywhere at any time is nigh impossible, because one can't express a relatively harmless opinion without some Nintenyearold or Sonygger crying bloody murder because their precious feelings were hurt, because god forbid casuals not being overly emotionally attached to vidya at all times. It's not even just typical fanboyism; it's plain and unbridled mental illness.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:06 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:02 pm
I never watched the E3 and never will. I'll just eventually see some of the bullshit summed up. It's not like there's anything great being announced there anymore.
Charlar wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:34 pm
A good waste of time and enough stupid shit to laugh at like the exclusive first ever world reveal of a car at Microsoft show, on the other hand i cringed massively at the new ASSassin Creed: Origins bullshit. They really went even beyond full retard, Supposedly the Assassins were created or inspired by an assassin who lived thousands of years befire ASSassin Creed 1 in fucking ANCIENT EGYPT.

Fucking bullshit
How is that any more bullshit than Adam and Eve being OG assassins that had to flee some super advanced technology society and that being where the fable of the paradise is coming from?
Wait what? I only played a little bit of AC1 so i don't know what you are talking about
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:40 am
Hype is a social construct.
Remember how people were losing their shit about that game where you play that red-haired dreadlock bitch hunting cyber dinosaurs or something? What did it end up? A dead fish. You don't even hear about it, hence why I don't remember the name at all. Something Horizons or some shit like that.
As Seele pointed out: Every. Fucking. Time.
It must not have beeen that much of a dead fish sales wises, they unfortunately are making a sequel
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:04 am

You never hear about ANY game after about a month post-release because the media are so full of hype bullshit. As soon as a game drops, they shit out their reviews and move on to the next subject of hype. Games don't stay in memory because so much shit gets released and nobody covers games after release because there's always more new shit to hype up.

It's an industry totally based around selling you shit. Good shit, bad shit, doesn't matter. The point isn't whether or not the games are good. The point isn't to tell you what to buy. The point is to tell you TO buy. To tell you "HEY THIS NEW SHIT IS COMING OUT IT'S GONNA GIVE YOU BLOWJOBS ALL DAY BETTER BUY IT FULL PRICE AND PREORDER WITH THIS DISCOUNT CODE."

I really struggle to think of another industry that shills as hard as the video game industry. The quality of the product is totally irrelevant and often has no relationship to the review score. Even companies that review games poorly, or know a game is going to be trash, will still hype them up and advertise them until after release.

If you want to deep dive on a game and really learn about it, you pretty much have to go with fansites/fan youtube accounts, as the mainstream websites don't even fucking play games these days.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

sigh

Post by sigh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 am

Seele wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 pm
Also, Life is Tumblr is getting a prequel and a sequel. More shitty writing awaits.
Seriously both a prequel and a sequel? didn't it at some point fall into the garbage tier at some steam sale? Maybe it was only the first episode, but still. Wonder is it the charismatic main character and the illusion of choice or the episodic format that makes this so popular.

Seele

Post by Seele » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 pm

sigh wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 am
Seele wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 pm
Also, Life is Tumblr is getting a prequel and a sequel. More shitty writing awaits.
Seriously both a prequel and a sequel? didn't it at some point fall into the garbage tier at some steam sale? Maybe it was only the first episode, but still. Wonder is it the charismatic main character and the illusion of choice or the episodic format that makes this so popular.
It wasn't just the first episode. The insufferable bullshit permeates throughout the rest of the season.

Certain groups of "people" liked it for the emotional manipulation shit combined with Tumblr-tier liberal writing and, like you said, the illusion of choice which constantly lies to your face just like Telltale's garbage, but the fans keep falling for that lie every single fucking time because "da feelz, man!". Nothing you do matters at all since the ending erases every "choice" you made regardless, but "it's about the journey, not the destination."

The "game" unfortunately sold over 3 million copies across platforms, meaning more of this fresh cancer is on the way to pander to gamers with shit taste who believe the story holds "deeper meaning".

E;R's video pretty much explains this fuckery of a story in just under half an hour.

God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:12 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:04 am
You never hear about ANY game after about a month post-release because the media are so full of hype bullshit. As soon as a game drops, they shit out their reviews and move on to the next subject of hype. Games don't stay in memory because so much shit gets released and nobody covers games after release because there's always more new shit to hype up.
This is especially true with MMORPGs. You get months upon months of hype, often trying to hype it up as the next WoW-Killer. Then the release happens and all you usually hear after that is when the game is forced to go free-to-play. Unless the launch was particularly shitty, then you get some for that, too.

I mean, is anyone still aware that there's an Elder Scrolls MMORPG? That shit has basically vanished from news sites.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:32 pm

I played that game but it was horrible and the devs (ZoS / Zenimax) are the worst Ive ever come across.

now they did even more noob shit like level scaling and all that free-to-ignore nonsense trying to get some idiots to try it.

But its still mentioned a lot because if people are looking for a mmorpg to play besides wow I always see the same shit recommended, GW2, SW ToR or ESO.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:59 pm

When are we getting a sequel to Gone Home? I was flipping through Game Informer and they are still talking about that damn game. They even hold up the lead character alongside icons like Mario and Solid Snake. It's insane.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Charlar wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 am
It must not have beeen that much of a dead fish sales wises, they unfortunately are making a sequel
Sure, I believe (and I fucking had to peek at Bart's post again for the name) Horizon Zero Fucks Given sold well. Have you heard about it, though? They hyped the everloving shit out of it and I'm sure it got tons of pre-orders from desperate Sonyggers that want just something, anything, to play on the NoGamesStation 4.
From what little I heard it was "meh" at the very best. So uninteresting that you neither hear people praising nor shitting on it.
Charlar wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:06 am
Wait what? I only played a little bit of AC1 so i don't know what you are talking about
I've 100%'d Asscreed 2. Throughout the game there are hidden symbols for you to find, which then open a puzzle screen with eery music. Solve the puzzle and you find out some of the backstory. I really liked AC2 but it was then when I called that they have no fucking clue what they are doing with the whole Assassin vs. Templar story and it's going to be another Lost thing.

Alright, check this shit out:
You remember that apple of eden relic from the end of AC1? If not, turns out that your Assassin leader is a dickhole and uses some golden ball that basically gives him superpowers to influence people. He can make people bend to his will, create illusions and shit.
That's what your dude was put into the Animus for in the first place. The Templars want to find out where that relic ended up so they can use it to enslave the world, basically. AC1 ends on a cliffhanger with the Assassins having figured out yet another ancestor that was involved with that shit somehow.

That's where AC2 comes in. Ezio is that ancestor. The info you're unlocking through the puzzles shows you famous people and that they were in possession of that apple or some staff relic that basically functioned the same. So Ghandi, Naopleon and others used the power of influencing and manipulating people's minds. Naturally, they were either Templars if they are something we'd consider evil today or assassins.
Ezio doesn't see those symbols, just Desmond, the dude you're actually playing, does.
Likewise, the game ends with Ezio not getting the apple, which was what he thought he'd find in some vault but instead a hologram of an alien - I shit you not - that tells Desmond(!) where to search next to find one of those relics. Which left Ezio, of course, confused as fuck as the hologram was speaking to somebody that wouldn't be born for another couple of hundred years.
Desmond and crew go to some alien vault the hologram told them about and by this point I don't quite remember. I think they find an apple or Desmond does in a hallucination, causing him to stab the woman that got him out of the Templar complex since she's actually a double agent for the Templars.

Find all clues and solve all puzzles and this video, called "The Truth" unlocks:

So you tell me, did they jump the shark straight into batshitville already at AC2 or what? Supposedly, Revelations came along and made it even dumber with more shit about aliens and Atlantis and shit. After AC2 I already didn't care anymore.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!