PC Herrenrasse

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: PC Herrenrasse

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:46 pm

I've been running Windows 10 for over a year now and besides the shitty interface, I can't say that it's any less stable than Win7. Nothing better than a recommendation from a person who's only heard about how evil this one is - if you want to stick to Win7 as long as possible, suit yourselves, but you're acting like a bunch of old superstitious ladies.

Got 32 GB 2333 ram, because of my work, and one 500 GB SSD dedicated only for work and games, and I'm thinking of getting another one (I can recommend OCZ Vector). I'm not a rich nobody like TotalCancer, so I won't replace all my standard HDDs with SSDs any time soon, so far, they're fine as a storage for normal data, but I couldn't go back to playing games on regular HDD.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:51 pm

Does getting more ram increased the usage of the PC's power supply or is the power supply only important for video cards?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:05 pm

As far as I know, RAM's usage is absolutely minimal and your graphic card uses the most, after it the CPU. I have 760w platinum power supply and while I don't monitor the usage, I would say that I'm probably using about half of it.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:46 pm
I've been running Windows 10 for over a year now and besides the shitty interface
You act like it's a minor issue that the interface is total dogshit even compared to previous windows versions that people didn't like.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:31 pm

I say that because there are only few occasions where it's slightly annoying, other than that it's just the normal looking windows interface that's been common since win98. I say shitty, because I am UI designer and I tend to notice many things that normal people just don't bother with - the interface is inconsistent, some features are hidden and you have to know how the new interface works (which isn't intuitive at all), and that's about it. It's not like it places obstacles in front of you every time you have to do something.

So those are facts. Until you give it a try, you can keep on grumbling about whatever horrors you've heard somewhere on teh interwebs.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:33 am

Sure, like the, totally just intrawebz rumorz guise, like Microsoft reserving themselves the rights to log every single keystroke, password, e-mail and basically everything you do on your personal computer that you have to agree to when installing Win10.
You go suit yourself, faggot, to write Microsoft a blank check to do with whatever data on from and to your PC whatever the fuck they want. I won't. You don't get to act smug about giving all your data away for nothing for a shady business to do whatever they please to do with. You're the moron in this case.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:18 am

That I can't dispute, permission to continue wearing your tin foil hat granted!

And if you want to be extra safe, why risk with Windows 7? Why not go back to win98? Aside from few things, the interface is largely the same and it has the similar functionality, and it's less likely Microsoft has planted some of them spycrabs and bugs inside it to snitch on you.

// Real talk, personally, seeing how much websites can already know about me based on cookies and stuff is far more annoying than Microsoft knowing about my boring habbits and video games. If I had an impression that staying on Win7 was more comfortable, I would.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:10 pm

people still dont know windows 10 is nothing but spyware??
omg its the same moron from the gaming topic.... I think I found my interwebs nemesis!
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:10 pm
I think I found my interwebs nemesis!
With such thin skin as you have, you'll probably fine plenty more of them soon, you faggot. Get some self reflection, you aren't supposed to mimic an internet nobody, you're supposed to sperge around.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:12 pm

I've just upgraded to 144 Hz G-sync monitor and I have to say, for shooters, the difference from 60 Hz average monitor is massive. I've played few rounds of Battlefield 1 and I've felt more in control than ever, it really is a good feeling, almost as if I'm cheating. It's expensive, and if you're not playing shooters on semi-competitive level, then it's probably not worth it, but I'm glad I can tell first hand that it really makes a difference.