Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:28 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:59 pm
mad bum wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 am
the OG xbox days, where online gaming first came out.
Nigger please...
What are you talking about, the first online shooty game was Halo 2 right? Angry Joe told me so.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:05 am

It must be. Joe is old as dirt and Halo 2 came out before even he played games.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:10 am

Halo 3 was the first game ever made according to my hero Angry Joe. All the hardcore, lifelong gamers who love niche titles jumped on that game. It's a hidden gem, obscure and underrated.

Be sure to check out Bubsy 3D in the hidden gems section of MetalJesusRocks latest video! Don't miss out on all the hidden gems you could be buying right now!
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:14 am

Yo guys, speaking of hidden gems and retro games, I've heard the craziest thing the other day. Did you know that Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually a game called Doki Doki Panic?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:16 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:14 am
Yo guys, speaking of hidden gems and retro games, I've heard the craziest thing the other day. Did you know that Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually a game called Doki Doki Panic?
Shit someone call guru Larry so he can profit off us.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:22 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:28 pm
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:59 pm
mad bum wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 am
the OG xbox days, where online gaming first came out.
Nigger please...
What are you talking about, the first online shooty game was Halo 2 right? Angry Joe told me so.
There was just something magical about online games back then, it felt like how we got things like the ps1 and n64, it was just a big landmark. I remember also being able to play guild wars on my dial up because there were little to no files that need downloaded.

Obviously online gaming is better today, just doesn't have the same spark as before to me.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:19 am

It's more ubiquitous today but completely lacks culture. Over here in Europe computers were always the go to systems if you wanted any kind of online gaming. From the perspective of both a casual as well as a clan player and later clan leader, online gaming was much, much better in the early 2000's.

Take CS for example. You had your list of servers, some of them hosting crazy maps or unique scripts and sound files. You would figure out good ones to play, save them in your favourite list and when one got too full with dipshits or players that were too good for you you could just go to another server.
Every play session you'd form a tiny friendship with some people. You'd win or lose games, you'd bond a little, you'd figure each other out. Some stayed for hours, some dropped in and out. You'd become the group leader over the course of a couple of games or form a proper group right then and there. For every new player you'd have something to tell them. Hey, pwnmaster3k is a camper that rushes AWP and loves to sit here and there.
When the clan players, who owned the server came you'd often be in awe of their abilities.
It felt absolutely great playing CS back then. That's all taken away by matchmaking, which is the bane of good online gaming.

For a clan, not having a server is a death sentence. I don't know how the shit clans that play such games deal with that and I don't want to know. All the fun parts of being in a clan aren't even possible without them so I don't care.

The only console game that ever did playing online well was Halo 3. You could filter by language and region, pick maps and modes, could natively just host games. It was as good as console online ever got and I'm sad that never caught on.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 am

At the time I didn't really have a great computer so I played a lot of halo, sure thats the bro thing to do but it really was fun at the time until I finally got to play wolfenstein: enemy territory and my god did that game take over my life for a few years. I remember me and my friend switching off in between maps since we only had 1 good computer and just wasting the whole day playing.

It was imbalanced as shit, but it had everything that made a competitive game good, it was fast, it was skill based (for the most part) and it had amazing replayability.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:19 am
It felt absolutely great playing CS back then. That's all taken away by matchmaking, which is the bane of good online gaming.
But how are you gonna create a serious and professional e-sport environment?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:32 pm

matchmaking in theory is good, too bad devs dont give a fuck about implementing one that works good instead of just finding some randoms to throw together.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine