Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fuck steam, those sales get worse every year

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:17 pm

FuckSploony wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:10 pm
you can do some suicide runs to get some cash once you start getting 4 people at a time. Just pick any newcomer and send them into a dungeon run with few provisions (just about enough to open a few chests and so on to maximize profit) and dont bother to hold them after... just dismiss them and pick the next 4. This should be enough to score some cash, deeds and trinkets.
Suicide runs are all I can do atm because 80% of my roster are autists with PTSD, and I don't have any other way to pass in-game time.

RNG also seems to hate me as I've so far only gotten one other Man-at-Arms, no Hellion anywhere, and my guys love to miss the backrow enemies with their AoE Stress attacks. I can call myself lucky if I can explore 1/3 of the dungeons before the first guy starts getting triggered.

Also good to find out that candle-shaped curios summon the optional super boss.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:56 pm

So when do you start your WR attempt speedruns? Sounds like you need a challenge.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Speedruns are for trannies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Jester is dope, but I only use him in the Weald. He benefits most from being able to stack bleeds, otherwise he'd be somewhat limited to buffbot support. He's always able to tank more than I give him credit for, thanks to his high dodge. He can play in ranks 2-3. Even rank 1 sometimes. Jester is kind of a less good Houndmaster. Houndmaster is really too good IMO. He can mark targets, stack bleeds, heal himself, protect others and has amazing camp skills.

Abomination is so cool (and Leper also) because they can manage their own stress and health in fights. This makes stress damage trivial as long as they are the ones who get hit with it, so you don't need to worry as much. Of course, if you transform into a werewolf demon goat all the time, it'll piss off and stress out your team, but you shouldn't need to.

The major downside to the Abomination is all his camp skills are trash IMO. Compared to what Highwayman, Jester, Man at Arms, Hellion, Plague Doc, etc get, his camp skills are mediocre or bad.

I didn't talk much about the Bounty Hunter, but he's one of the best units in the game. He's quite fragile for a "tank," but he can work well in rows 2-3 and in a pinch row 1. In a party focused around marking targets to deal extra damage, he puts out a ludicrous amount of damage. He's one of the best characters for fighting bosses because of his insane damage. He can also stack bleeds and throw out stuns, which can be useful for bosses. He has no weakness except low-ish health and defense *for a tank.*

The Hellion is another absolutely top tier class. Consistently high damage without marking. Both Hellion and Bounty Hunter have amazing camping skills. BH's This Is How We Do It gets special mention, that shit is raw. Sharpen Spear is great for the Hellion. The Hellion pairs really well with the Occultist and Abomination because she can heal bleeding. Sometimes the Occultist inflicts bleed on your party members when he heals them, and being able to remove it in the early game while buffing yourself is nice. Hellion should always be in rank 1 so she can use her attack that hits the back row.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:56 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:17 pm
FuckSploony wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:10 pm
you can do some suicide runs to get some cash once you start getting 4 people at a time. Just pick any newcomer and send them into a dungeon run with few provisions (just about enough to open a few chests and so on to maximize profit) and dont bother to hold them after... just dismiss them and pick the next 4. This should be enough to score some cash, deeds and trinkets.
Suicide runs are all I can do atm because 80% of my roster are autists with PTSD, and I don't have any other way to pass in-game time.

RNG also seems to hate me as I've so far only gotten one other Man-at-Arms, no Hellion anywhere, and my guys love to miss the backrow enemies with their AoE Stress attacks. I can call myself lucky if I can explore 1/3 of the dungeons before the first guy starts getting triggered.

Also good to find out that candle-shaped curios summon the optional super boss.
Yeah... the RNG Gods can be absolute bitches. I think it took my game like 25 missions to get my first maa... isnt there an option on the latest update to fix the rng somewhat on characters appearances? Or did i just read that they where planning to add that option?

One thing, Shambler drops legendary objects, killing him with a party lvl 2 in a novice dungeon is the easiest, Shambler at mid-high dungeons is way more dangerous.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:02 pm

VoRP, get a fresh party as soon as you can. If you're doing a mission and someone dies, quit out of the mission. Don't let your party wipe. They're disposable characters, but you want to keep them alive long enough to complete missions and make you money. All character classes are useful, but be on the lookout especially for Vestals when you are starting.

Starting party composition should be (from back row to front)

support, healer, support/tank, tank

The Highwayman can fill a tank role despite being a bit fragile. I've done it many times when RNJesus fucked me over and I didn't draw any good tanks. The Occultist isn't as good as the Vestal at the beginning of the game, but he can fill the healer role.

If you need to, you could restart your game over and just use some tips from us to have an easy time. The game gifts you a full party of fresh guys at the start IIRC, including a highwayman and crusader(!).

The easiest missions are room explorations and the easiest length is Medium. Short length missions are the hardest because you cannot camp. Keep that in mind. You can get fucked up very fast in "short" missions because you can't camp. Never skimp on food or torches unless you feel like dying btw. Sometimes you can get 3 fucking food prompts in about 1 minute of game time. It sucks and it WILL fuck you if you don't have extra food.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:24 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 pm
Jester is dope, but I only use him in the Weald. He benefits most from being able to stack bleeds, otherwise he'd be somewhat limited to buffbot support. He's always able to tank more than I give him credit for, thanks to his high dodge. He can play in ranks 2-3. Even rank 1 sometimes. Jester is kind of a less good Houndmaster. Houndmaster is really too good IMO. He can mark targets, stack bleeds, heal himself, protect others and has amazing camp skills.
I can't stand the Jester because a lot of his skills cause him to change the party order. I have enough trouble if everyone stays in his spot :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:02 pm
VoRP, get a fresh party as soon as you can. If you're doing a mission and someone dies, quit out of the mission. Don't let your party wipe. They're disposable characters, but you want to keep them alive long enough to complete missions and make you money. All character classes are useful, but be on the lookout especially for Vestals when you are starting.
I've only had like one actual death. Everyone else either went insane or "earned" enough negative traits to be basically useless.

I keep my tutorial Crusader out of things because he's too valuable right now and I barely get any Crusaders.
-Yours Truly

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:15 pm

You can set the jester to remain in position 3 and just focus on the rest of the party. Give him the stress healing skill, both bleed skills (or one) and then a buff, and lastly Dirge Stab. Use the stab at the end if you feel you can kill this turn, if not just stress heal or buff. His main attack area is both middle spots with bleed. He is good to keep the party sane since not only he heals stress but decreases stress gained for 3 turns, and his camping skills are also awesome to reduce stress.
Also, he gets an awesome rare trinket that further reduces even more stress on high illumination and the very rare one reduces stress on low illumination.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:27 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:24 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 pm
I can't stand the Jester because a lot of his skills cause him to change the party order. I have enough trouble if everyone stays in his spot :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:02 pm
I've only had like one actual death. Everyone else either went insane or "earned" enough negative traits to be basically useless.

I keep my tutorial Crusader out of things because he's too valuable right now and I barely get any Crusaders.
Party shuffling is totally fine as long as you build for it. You actually kind of want to have some shufflers in your group (characters with moves that move them forwards or back in the party order) so you don't get fucked so hard by ambushes and enemies that can move your party members around. If you combine two characters who each have moves that bring them forwards one space, you can hopscotch for the entire match. A good example is Rampart with the Man at Arms and Duelist's Advance with the Highwayman. Grave Robber has Lunge.

Generally, attacks that move you while dealing plain-and-simple damage tend to deal very respectable damage.

Thing is, Jester's big damage movement skill MASSIVELY debuffs him when he uses it. You do a ton of damage, but your jester is going to be useless for the rest of the fight (except as a buffbot) if you didn't kill the enemy with Finale. Dirk Stab is a great move overall, and Slice Off is the main reason I like him. Slice Off stacks Bleed reliably and has a high crit chance. A Jester with boosted crit chance gets crits constantly with Slice Off while also stacking bleed. Jester also has the best Camping skills in the entire game IMO and provides amazing buffing and stress relief. The reason I don't rate him higher compared to other classes is he's fairly worthless in the Ruins and a lot of his buffs and stress heals aren't needed once you stop taking so much stress damage.

Negative traits don't matter as long as they're not insane. I realize those loaded-down-with-negative-trait characters are shitty, but they can still win missions for you quite easily.

If you're still struggling, upgrade your armor and skills for your healers and/or units you like. You might lose them, but it's not a huge investment of cash to go up to level 2 armor/weapons and it will reduce the damage you take while increasing what you deal. Ideally, you want an upgraded Stagecoach so you can recruit entire parties of higher-level characters to use as disposable money-generating machines while you figure out who you want to keep.

You will lose beloved Champion characters from time to time, but a special town event does give you a *chance* at maybe bringing one of them back.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:30 pm

Dirk Stab and Duelist's Advance (Jester and Highwayman) is an overall great khambo. They hopscotch each other, the Highwayman always has Riposte active, you can hit most of the ranks and Dirk Stab does good damage.
RAPEMAN wrote: