Chrono Trigger is not just the best game ever. it might just be the best work of art ever.

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Chrono Trigger is not just the best game ever. it might just be the best work of art ever.

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Not even joking, no work of art has made me feel this many emotions.

Great characters, great story and on top of that the best music (great mix here) ever created.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Chrono Trigger is not just the best game ever. it might just be the best work of art ever.

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:56 pm

It was EathBound that won over my heart, but I can't deny how awesome Chrono Trigger is. I currently have Chrono Cross on my list but haven't actually sit down to play it yet.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

rabidtictac

Re: Chrono Trigger is not just the best game ever. it might just be the best work of art ever.

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Yeah, it's a good game. Probably the most nostalgic game for me. I remember being a wee kid and playing it on a black-and-white television at a friend's house. Shit was the most insanely dope thing ever.

In terms of pure perfection, I'd probably rate Final Fantasy Tactics higher, or maybe one of those fightan games that you can't really come up with any "flaws" to mention. But CT doesn't really have any outright flaws either.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:38 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:59 pm
But CT doesn't really have any outright flaws either.
Lavos doesn't have a long-haired emo son with a katana whose length is clearly not overcompensating for anything.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Seele

Post by Seele » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:53 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:08 pm
Not even joking, no work of art has made me feel this many emotions.

Great characters, great story and on top of that the best music (great mix here) ever created.
Preach!

Still one of the greatest JRPGs ever made to this day.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:24 pm

I played it recently so no nostalgia goggles for me, and it is still brilliant and hasn't aged a bit. The battle system is great and as you progress actual strategy is needed to win fights, unlike many where you can just mash the attack button and grind your way to victory. And if you are a little too weak to win a boss fight, you only need to level up once or twice and you are all good and it doesn't take long at all. None of that typical grindy shit you get from other RPGs, everything flows nicely and it gets straight to the point. I swear in some RPGs I play for 8 hours and I barely got past the first chapter of the story, in Chrono Trigger you are deep into it already.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:50 pm

No Chrono Trigger on the SNES classic.... Whoever made the list is fucking retarded...

No CT = No buy
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Vega wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 pm
The sequel was better.
I don't agree but i'll respect your opinion
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:48 am

Vega wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 pm
The sequel was better.
Guest posting was a mistake.

Also, I didn't grow up with Chrono Trigger so nostalgia for me either but considering how fucking amazing it is it doesn't need any. How is it that so many people even have nostalgia for Chrono Trigger? I never saw it in rental stores and never even heard of it til many many years later.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.