MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Stranger

Re: MonHun

Post by Stranger » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:24 am

Heavy Bowgun only needs Evade Extender to have all the mobility it needs. It's the most brainless of all of the weapons because either you turn and shoot or you crouch fire.

Dodging to power reload should never be getting you hit unless you dodged too early into a lengthy animation which many people actually did and quite frequently. The same issue was seen with kids thinking Adept Longsword would be EZ mode and then rushing into their counterattacks because they dodged too early into an attack animation.

Adept mode makes literally everything in the game into a lazy invulnerability fest in Generations and it was a mistake to include it. It actively makes you worse at every other version of the game that doesn't feature it.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:34 am

Stranger wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:24 am
Heavy Bowgun only needs Evade Extender to have all the mobility it needs. It's the most brainless of all of the weapons because either you turn and shoot or you crouch fire.
And how was that any good?
Stranger wrote:
Dodging to power reload should never be getting you hit unless you dodged too early into a lengthy animation which many people actually did and quite frequently.

Tetsucabra will hit you if you dodge power reload certain attacks. Doesn't matter if you dodge early or late. It just was the wrong choice entirely. Same goes for many other monsters. Adept just gave you some much needed dynamic to a weapon that was boring as shit before it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 am

Yeah, that's probably why I don't like Heavy Bowgun. I need more run-and-gun in my ranged weapons.

And I'm mainly doing Guild Style since it has better forwards and backwards compatibility.
Stranger wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:46 am
Also it's Bushido in Japanese and Adept in English. I don't know anything in MonHun in German because I'm still too busy being fed up of seeing je suis monte from the 4U demo so I stopped playing online with randoms.
I basically always set my games to English since it's faster and easier to look shit up online, especially when it's about obscure stuff and specific mechanics.

(Unless I've been missing something and the German MonHun community is second only to the Japanese one)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:34 am
Stranger wrote:
Evade Extender? It lets you cover large amounts of ground quickly and doesn't require you to put yourself into the line of fire to do it. If you're asking how it was any good then you never played Heavy Bowgun outside of Hame runs.
Stranger wrote:
Dodging to power reload should never be getting you hit unless you dodged too early into a lengthy animation which many people actually did and quite frequently.

Tetsucabra will hit you if you dodge power reload certain attacks. Doesn't matter if you dodge early or late. It just was the wrong choice entirely. Same goes for many other monsters. Adept just gave you some much needed dynamic to a weapon that was boring as shit before it.
[/quote]

You are literally incorrect about certain monsters hitting you no matter when you dodge. There's also the angle you dodge, the angle you run away from them, the timing between the run and the reload, etc, etc. You also seem to be under the mistaken idea that I'm implying you will always reload, which I'm not.

Being able to dodge into a reload isn't adding a dynamic to the weapon. You could already press the dodge key and then the reload key with Evade Extender. Matter of fact, often times it was faster to do so. The only reason you're using big words like, "dynamic," is because Adept let you get away with strategies that you shouldn't be able to and wouldn't in any other game in the series. Brainless use of crouching fire, for example, since you can get a free maxed evasion skill dodge with no investment in evasion skills at the tap of a button whenever the monster so much as turns to look at you (mostly because turns count as attacks on the monsters that matter for some reason).

Adept rarely added a real dynamic to any weapon. All it did was let you be invulnerable while giving you a counterattack that either had too much utility (je suis monte!) or caused your DPS to skyrocket because it let you skip charging (bow), added damage (power reloads), or was just strong in general.

Styles brought nothing good or dynamic to Generations. Hilariously enough, the good and actually dynamic additions, Brave and Alchemy, weren't added until XX which western audiences will never get their hands on in a translated fashion.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 am

Stranger wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:34 am
Stranger wrote:
Evade Extender? It lets you cover large amounts of ground quickly and doesn't require you to put yourself into the line of fire to do it. If you're asking how it was any good then you never played Heavy Bowgun outside of Hame runs.
You completely misunderstood. How is this: "It's the most brainless of all of the weapons because either you turn and shoot or you crouch fire." any good? It's the reason why I've never played HBG before Gen. Adept at least made it a fun weapon to use when before it was the most boring shit ever.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Anyone have a monster that you just don't get?

Mine would be the Lagiacrus. I mean, some big snake alligator thing with electrical bullet hell attacks? Including explosions that cascade into more explosions (which is wear mainly serve to fuck with you when you first fight it)? I think that guy's some kind of wizard or something. I've seen Elder Dragons using less magic than this thing :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:11 pm

I've always liked it. It's beautiful and comes off as a fixed version of a Plesioth.
Speaking of motherfucking Plesioth:
plesioth hip check.jpg
plesioth hip check.jpg (228.11 KiB) Viewed 2352 times
What I don't understand is Damyo Hermitaur hanging around in a fucking desert of all places. If you're a giant crab (that I hit on it's weakspot for massive damage) and you're desert-bound, don't shoot water as an attack! Shit, the same thing is true for Nibblesnarf.
Zero water disciplin! Muad'Dib would be very disappointed.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Good that you mention Plesioth, cause both monsters give me the same "Okay, so that's a thing that just happened" feeling. Laggy is probably better if I get used to him more.

And at least the 4th gen dunes have a cool oasis where Hermie likes to hang out. His buddy Shogun Ceanataur on the other hand loves to hang out inside a volcano. I don't think that's a good place for a crustacean, especially not if you're a water-type monster like he is. That's just asking to become a tasty surprise for explorers.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 pm

Great. Now you've got me daydreaming about tasty steamed monster crabs.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 pm

"Hunt the Shogun Ceanataur"
*Runs into volcanoe*
"Mmmh... looks tasty!"
-Yours Truly