MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: MonHun

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:18 pm

rat-fuck wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:16 am
Charlar wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:54 am
What's the goal in Monhun? Hunting, farming...? Is there a story or something like that
It's grind in its purest form.
Also the best kind of grind because it's fun and requires effort.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:29 pm

I really need some co-op shit on PC to play with my brother and the little friends I have that actually play games.

Maybe I can persuade people with this.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:34 am

Reminder that the demo for Monster Hunter World is out on PS4 and I think Xbox One. PC port will be out, "later."

Get on it if you have a console.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:27 am

Stranger wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:34 am
Reminder that the demo for Monster Hunter World is out on PS4 and I think Xbox One. PC port will be out, "later."

Get on it if you have a console.
I'll wait to hear what's it's like here
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Since I'm a hardcore Bowfag in Monster Hunter this heavily interests me. Bows having a third shot in a combo that isn't just, "lol you can do a second power shot," is a great addition.

I'm still disappointed that it seems like the power shot meta will be sticking around, though. I hope that him not using very many arc shots is just because he's online and hasn't fully explored the usefulness of them in the game. If Capcom has rendered them basically worthless, like they keep trying to do, then I'm gonna be pissed.

I used to be famous in my circle of MonHun buddies for being that guy who brought a bow to a run and used Focus arcs to KO enemies by arcing at their faces with various status coatings while working toward the various status effects those coatings would apply. I can still, technically, do that in 4 and Generations but why would I bother when you can just outright kill the enemy so much faster by adhering to power shot meta and, in the case of Generations, easy mode adept meta?
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:23 pm

I think Switchaxe is suffering from a similar problem in that Power Phials are just plain better than the alternatives. Doesn't help that all SA Hunting Arts are about powering up even more.

(Also reminds me that I should start with ranged weapons one of these days. Probably Bow or Light Bowgun, because the Heavy Bowgun feels too slow for my taste.)

And but so far, the only thing that sucks about MonHun World is that it will probably finally force me to level up my gaming rig. I just don't have enough blast processing right now.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 pm

It seems to be a trending design choice for weapons of all types in MonHun right now. The one that does higher numbers, flat out, is always the better option in every case and utility simply can't keep up.

When certain weapons are having clear discrepancies in clear times they need to take a better look at their design philosophy. Generations muddied it up with those awful hunting styles, even, which were a neat idea, on paper, but everyone fell into the logical route of, "this leads to me beating the enemy faster so I'll just use it," which is why Striker Sword and Shield and Adept Bow were basically everywhere with almost no variation.

I don't want every weapon to have the same clear times on every single monster but on a relatively neutral monster (as in, one that doesn't stay close or far away or fly or dig too much) then each weapon should have a clear time within 30 seconds to one minute of each other.

I'm also heavily annoyed that paralysis->trap->KO meta is sticking around so heavily. Heavy Bowgun is just a meme, now, since all it's good for is making the game so easy that you barely even play it. Yes, I used the word heavy so much on purpose.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 am

Are the styles from Gen still in the game? I really liked Heavy Bowgun with the dodging style, whatever that's called in English, because of the charged up reload or awesome evasion run depending on the situation. Brought in some really nice tactics.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:46 am

Tactics? It didn't bring any tactics, though. It just meant you were invincible in any encounter that mattered. As far as I know, though, it won't be coming back in any main entry, which Monster Hunter World is considered as such.

Also it's Bushido in Japanese and Adept in English. I don't know anything in MonHun in German because I'm still too busy being fed up of seeing je suis monte from the 4U demo so I stopped playing online with randoms.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:05 am

Dodging to power reload could easily get you fucked because of the lengthy animation so it was often risky to do it. Sure, the dodge was invincible but nothing after it was. Heavy Bowgun could really use some form of mobility to be viable solo.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!