Evo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Evo

Post by Charlar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:32 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am
Heard about the game a while back, but new characters were added:

Why the fuck doesn't Street Fighter 5 look that fun to play?
Crapcom sucks at making games for too long now, they are a husk of what they were. They don't know how to makes anymore because they stagnated, they don't care about quality and only care about putting pathetic effort while they fleece people off.

Fuck Crapcom in the eye, they are terrible and i would not shed a tear if they stopped existing like they are now
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 am

I had a look at the final for Injustice, and it was pretty much one kid spamming Trident Rush:

This is the equivalent of me at 5 years old spamming the punch button with E Honda in Street Fighter 2 and becoming world champion. This game is a fucking joke, worse than Street Fighter 5.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 am

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 am
I had a look at the final for Injustice, and it was pretty much one kid spamming Trident Rush:

This is the equivalent of me at 5 years old spamming the punch button with E Honda in Street Fighter 2 and becoming world champion. This game is a fucking joke, worse than Street Fighter 5.
I really wanted it to be better than what the game ended being, what would be necessary to make Injustice tolerable?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am

I just watched that set in the replay and like poonoo said, my younger sister could be evo champ with aquachip. It really was one of the worst grand finals you could ask for.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

mad bum wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am
I just watched that set in the replay and like poonoo said, my younger sister could be evo champ with aquachip. It really was one of the worst grand finals you could ask for.
I read the comments and the guy who lost apparently played a very good Flash in the game, but he switched to Aquaman in the tournament probably because he also knew the game was fucking broken. They are also pissed since apparently he was the best player, but because of the broken game the other guy knew that he could chip away (seriously, I have never seen chip damage like that in any fighting game) and spam that move to win.

Tictac or someone said a while back that Injustice tournaments turn into 2 players using the same character because the game is broken shit, and low and behold that happened again. Injustice is a fucking disgrace to fighting games.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:11 pm

ALM1GHTY3601 day ago
WOW !!!!! Trident rush spam wins EVO !!!! great balancing job NRS !!! Hats off to honeybee...... he made injustice 2 actually fun to watch for a few matches !
Pretty sad when you can spam to win EVO. People always respond with "just get better, scrub, if someone is spamming you." That's a viable response when spam is balanced and able to be countered, but not when people spam at tournament level, kek. It'sJustAss 1 was unbalanced as fuck too, with Superman spam featured in most tournaments.

Injustice 1 devolved into mostly zoner vs zoner spam battles, usually using a character like Superman because he was broken OP. Since I saw DSP only using Aquaman and now this, I presume Aquaman is the new OP fucker along with Deadshot or whoever the new gun guy is.

MK9 had problems with zoning too, but not nearly this bad. Characters like Kung Lao and Raiden had moves specifically to hard counter spamming projectiles. Even then, MK9 had about 5 top tier characters at tournaments and you never saw anyone else.

Those being Kabal(!), Cyrax(!), Kung Lao(!), Sonya and maybe Jax or Johnny. The ones with exclamation points were far and away the dominant picks in MK9 tourney play.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:54 pm

I think the new gun guy is Red Hood.
Charlar wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 am
I really wanted it to be better than what the game ended being, what would be necessary to make Injustice tolerable?
Make the projectiles suck a lot more.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:24 pm

kek I didn't get to watch anything from EVO yet, will watch T7 or KoF this evening, but that trident rush is just insanely OP.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:57 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:24 pm
kek I didn't get to watch anything from EVO yet, will watch T7 or KoF this evening, but that trident rush is just insanely OP.
Injustass had the literal worst grand finals in any game and neverrealm should be fucking embarrassed they let that happen because that game is now the laughing stock of the fgc (more than it has been).

You can tell they did a knee jerk reaction from it because after evo it got nerfed to hell along with a bunch of spammers too. That dragon guy made a fuck ton of money for basically playing like a little brother.

For extra lulz watch this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snQ8sx4cQjo
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Shooting Stars is one of the few good current memes.
I've watched the KoF top 8 and they were really good. Close matches and some crazy shit. Worth a watch!
I'm currently watching the Tekken 7 top 16 and so far they are also good. I don't think I will watch SFV. Maybe as background noise while playing Warframe.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!