Wrestling Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Wrestling Games

Post by Charlar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 pm

What wrestling games have you played, i played WWF No Mercy, Smackdown vs. Raw '09 and WWE '13.
Do you prefer your CAWs if you have one to be Face or Heel, Heel because it fits my character being monsters that break the competion to pieces.
Any wrestlings games you recommend?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Wrestling Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm

I've strangely played more wrestling games than I've actually watched wrestling matches. Go figure.

I've played No Mercy on the N64, and just about all Smackdown vs Raw games on the PS2. They kinda blur together memory-wise, but I think I liked 2006 the most.

I prefer Heel because the dirty tricks you get to use are hilarious. My favorite finishers are some God-Hand-style ballbusters or a chokeslam. Also being a Heel fits my general strategy in no-DQ matches of "get a weapon and beat the shit out of the opponent".

I've heard good things about the FirePro Wrestling games, but I have yet to delve into them.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:05 pm

WcW vs NWO Revenge is still the best imo unless def jam fight for new york counts.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Does playing wrestlers in Tekken count? I've been learning Armor King. I like his moveset-he's kind of a hybrid of a Mishima and a wrestler.

I've always wanted to get into Fire Pro Wrestling series (despite hating tv wrestling), but that shit is way too complicated. But you can simulate all kinds of cool things, including MMA matches.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:18 am

Just checked out King in T7 and holy crap does he have alot of grappling shit to pull off. He's like his own separate game.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:05 pm
WcW vs NWO Revenge is still the best imo unless def jam fight for new york counts.
I'm intrigued.

And I think I remember one of the reasons why I prefer Smackdown vs Raw 2006 was because starting with 2007, they moved onto analogue grappling controls (which made them faster to pull off while reducing the amount of grapples you can do) and begun to limit your move choices based on your weight and/or class choice, which I guess makes it easier to build a character according to a theme, but I really liked the freeform approach from earlier games.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:25 pm

WWE All-Stars was the last actually good wraslin gaem. Fite me!
King in T7 has so many chain grabs it's ridiculous. It feels really good to just hammer them in. The true pro player knows all of them to mix them up and make breaking throws a pain in the ass.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:40 pm

I don't think I have the memory capacity to be a pro King player. Dude has like movesets within movesets.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:25 pm
WWE All-Stars was the last actually good wraslin gaem. Fite me!
King in T7 has so many chain grabs it's ridiculous. It feels really good to just hammer them in. The true pro player knows all of them to mix them up and make breaking throws a pain in the ass.
I've come to terms with the fact I'm not a King player. I love Armor King too much. You might think they're the same, but they're very different. Armor King is a mix of a King Grappler with a shitty Mishima, and I love all his Mishima spacing and punishment shit that he can do in addition to Giant Swing, Tombstone and the grappler moves. His slash kick is dope as fuck too.

Armor King is basically the only character I want to play in Tekken now. Him and Dragunov. I don't really like the other Mishimas because none of them have that perfect mix of moves that Armor King does. Armor King has a demon's paw like Jin. He has a Wind God Fist. He has a lariat. He has a convict kick and a b3 King kick. He has the slash kick. The Giant Swing. Chain throws. Tombstone. b1, 2 and f2, 1 punch combos. He's got a lot of sneaky mids that don't look like mids and he has the alley kicks and a running LOW punch. He's got a down 2 that bounds. He has throws that hit crouching, grounded and midair. He's got a sidestep 2 that crumples. A rising 1 that crumples. A sidestep 4 with crazy reach. 3+4 is amazing for oki games.

Armor King is the coolest Mishima ever designed.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:39 pm

We need Devil King.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm

King in 7 has lots of shit from Armor King. It's pretty unlikely that we'll see Armor King in 7 for that reason.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!