Wrestling Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Wrestling Games

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm
King in 7 has lots of shit from Armor King. It's pretty unlikely that we'll see Armor King in 7 for that reason.
Damn.

The other Mishimas are ok and all, but none of them really have everything. I can't think of one mishima who has all of these:

slash kick
demon's paw (ff2)
EWGF
magic 4 (AK has magic 3)
hopkick
hell sweep/alley kicks
bounding mid low punch, like a down 2
some kind of crazy high damage throw, like a giant swing
mid mid poke string that's useful in neutral and for pressure
something comparable to the 3+4 backturn flip for oki that AK has
shoulder smash that knocks down and splats for punishes

Heihachi has a lot of tools, but he doesn't have a hopkick IIRC and he has no demon's paw. I consider the latter almost mandatory for a character I use. The only thing I can think of that Armor King doesn't have is a backswing blow, but a lot of characters don't have one. Hunting Hawk can kind of work instead of slash kick, but not every Mishima has that either.

Jin has a lot of cool shit you can do with his back 1 stance cancels, but his EWGF isn't a launcher and he's very technical while also lacking the cheap shit AK can do.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:41 pm

In terms of wrestling games, the last WWE one I played and truly loved was Smackdown : Here Comes the Pain. It had the best roster and the moves were expanded so you had more than twice the amount of moves you could perform in the prior games. The animations for some new moves got an overhaul as well, everything Lesnar and Goldberg would do would look fucking sick.

I had nostalgia for Smackdown 2 but when I went on my little retro splurge it doesn't hold up as well. For it's time it was great, but I forgot about the shitty loading times and the amount of time you would have to wait for matches to finish in simulation (i.e. when you chose not to watch them, that should take a second but every match you weren't in would take a minute, and there were 8 other matches). The career mode is down right unplayable now.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:31 am

Late to the party but for me it was always Slam Masters / Muscle Bomber from Capcom. But before I got aquintated with that, it was Rumble Roses and whoever was a wrestler in fighting games. Special mention goes to Tatsuya from Yakuza : Black Panther since among the fighting styles you get are Wrestling and Lucha Libra and there's a challenge where you have to use on of the two to defat a former local champion for money.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow