What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Charlar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:17 am

Don't get me started on Starcraft 2
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:46 pm
I've never played anything by Telltale. Or should I say "watched"? I wouldn't call Stories Untold a game. There really isn't all that much gameplay. It was fine and I was curious. The regular asking price of :tenbux: is absolutely ridiculous, though.
I would recommend playing The House Abandon, though. It's free and actually spooky.
I played most Telltale "games" after i torrented them, pre-TWD season 1 they had some actual adventure game like the 3 Sam and Max and since TWD season 1 most "games" are okay if you want to waste time
-All fanbases are shit

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:25 am

Contemporary Telltale games are essentially Dragon's Lair or Time Gal, except not as good-looking in comparison because ya gotta cut some corners with episodic gaming.

And a Diablo 2 remaster would probably take a while, unless they still have the assets around they used for the pre-rendered sprites.

EDIT: Finished the non-expansion part of Titan Quest. Fuck, whoever decided to make a boss that forces you to gobble up around as many potions as you required for the rest of the game up to that point and has an unavoidable health absorption power is the real titan here.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:50 pm
If they re-make D2 I'll play the original again and read your angry comments on how they fucked it up. :lol:
I would play the original, except at this point, I'm afraid I can't really take the 800x600 resolution on 1440p. I know there is a mod for higher resolution, but that just makes everything tiny, since there is (obviously) no graphics scaling.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm

I decided to boot up Tron Bonne on my PSP. Pretty fun little game. Gameplay is like megaman legends but with more comedy. It feels very "anime," but in that old way, like '90s tv serials such as Patlabor or Ranma, rather than the Lucky Star and Haruhi cancer.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:37 pm

>Telltale
From what I read/heard, the biggest problem of Telltale's "games" is, the storyline is basically the same all the time. Bad things always happen no matter what you do and choice always don't matter in the end. It's basically (A dies) or (B dies), someone always dies, that's it.
Maybe they should make a dating sim or something where no one dies and milk steam weaboos instead. That would be kinda refreshing.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:14 pm
I did play Fallout 1&2 but dropped them.
The controls are clunky, the overworld may as well not exist at all (yeah, I get it, it's a wasteland but that's still boring),
Many great RPGs like Wizardry/BG2/Kotor do not have overworld. At least, no overworld is better than badly designed tedious overworld (e.g.Mother1).
Kugelfisch wrote:
fucking rats are challenging at the start because you always seem to miss much more often than is reasonable. You have no real party. The world is boring to the max, the monsters are even worse.
That's what happens when you don't min-max your character. Gotta admit there are bunch of completely useless skills/traits (e.g. stealth is useless) and some degree of metagaming is necessary to build a killing machine type character. The game isn't well balanced from today's standard.
Kugelfisch wrote:
The lack of magic makes for very little variety in combat, which feels long, boring and tedious.And I'll say again how much I hate the controls.
You can actually speed up the animation and stuff, also cheat engine speed hack can make every games/programs as fast as you want. Speed isn't much of a issue today.

Overall it seems you couldn't enjoy the game because your character wasn't effective in combat for whatever reason. AFAIK, very few people claim combats are boring in Fallout 1/2 especially when get auto weapons with critical related perks. I know it's a matter of personal preference though.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 pm

The shit controls put me off right from the start. The dumb "pshhht" sound and the animations of the status bar are incredibly annoying to me as well. It left a first impression so bad that I had to force myself to keep playing. Eventually, everything was just too damn tedious and boring.
All that is besides the point. My initial claim that the whole series is the most overrated series ever still stands. The isometric games are far, far from underrated. They are on every faggot's top ten CRPG list and you will find nothing but praise about them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:44 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:37 pm
Bad things always happen no matter what you do and choice always don't matter in the end. It's basically (A dies) or (B dies), someone always dies, that's it.
This worked in the first Walking Dead series, because it was pretty well written and planned together. As long as those consequences aren't because people do retarded things, I'm fine with not being able to prevent something - you're always just one person in a group. Unfortunately, with Walking Dead 2, there is a series of exceptionally dumb decisions and you are forced to let assholes get away with fucking everything up, which is why I've not picked up any other Telltale game ever since.

Walking Dead as a comic book series has similar problems - it's an ok read, and there are some pretty cool characters, ideas and moments, but it also follows this obnoxious circle - our protagonists enter new location, usually with people doing just fine, but unfortunately, gang or something else starts causing trouble and protagonists do their best to fuck everything up - in the end, a lot of people die seemingly for fucking nothing but more drama, and we might get an important character dying, or Carl/Rick lose some part of their bodies. The group, or what's left of it, moves forward to find another place they can fuck up.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:16 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 pm
The shit controls put me off right from the start. The dumb "pshhht" sound and the animations of the status bar are incredibly annoying to me as well. It left a first impression so bad that I had to force myself to keep playing. Eventually, everything was just too damn tedious and boring.
All that is besides the point. My initial claim that the whole series is the most overrated series ever still stands. The isometric games are far, far from underrated. They are on every faggot's top ten CRPG list and you will find nothing but praise about them.
Get good
-All fanbases are shit

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 am

Charlar wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:16 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 pm
Get good
You Cucknadians aren't very good at shitposting. Stop that.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.