What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:47 am

I hate how certain Marionerds tend to insist that the US Mario 2 was always meant to be Mario game based on a complete misinterpretation from one of the game's developers.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:44 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 am
KoF X14 looks like trash. I haven't played it, but it's jarringly ugly. I'd rather look at '98 UM sprites or XI sprites.
Not making the game even slightly cel-shaded was a serious mistake. I get that they wanted to go back to a more "realistic" style, but they should've realized that they don't have the know-how for that.
They should have talked to ArcSys and asked for help, they know what they are doing.

What you hate is actually Doki Doki blah blah blah...
First time I heard about this, I can't believe Nintendo would lie like that. Does Larry know about this!
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:20 am

Finished Mario 2 (US). Dunno what I'll play next
Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:47 am
I hate how certain Marionerds tend to insist that the US Mario 2 was always meant to be Mario game based on a complete misinterpretation from one of the game's developers.
It was, wasn't it? Didn't they build the original Doki Doki Panic off a tech demo featuring Mario?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:31 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:20 am

I'm playing Valken and Gun Hazard now. I'm not a fan of 2D mech shooter or platformer but still, they are enjoyable. Controls feels super weird at first but it actually works starts to feel great.
It's a shame the genre pretty much died out.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Loved those games. Cool designs, cool music, and you really felt the weight behind your giant robot.

I think Gigantic Army on Steam is sort of a spiritual successor to Valken, but I haven't tried it out.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:24 pm

I'm thinking about actually beating Rengoku II one of these days. It's probably my favorite game that I've played so little. I love everything about the game. It's everything I like about video games and everything that I usually enjoy in mango like Gantz, Blame or Alita.

But it's a very unintuitive game and it's quite tricky. You can die instantly and not understand what killed you. Controls are a bit imprecise because it was made for the PSP and uses a similar control scheme to Tekken fightan games.

Y'all can enjoy some of this music and art direction. What made me think I could finally beat it was the discovery of being able to play previous floors for upgrade material. Hate to admit it, but I suck total shit at this game. Beating the first boss felt like beating the final boss in any other game.

Give the game a shot if you think there's nothing original out there and you like high-concept cyberpunk such as SMT Digital Devil Saga.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Looks like some cross between Armored Core and Zone of the Enders. Intriguing...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 pm

It's more like a mix of armored core and god hand. You have 4 face buttons that control to left arm, head, right arm, body. Each one is equipped with weapons and whatever is equipped is fused with your body.

Example: If you equip a sword to your hand, your arm becomes a sword. If you equip the same sword to your head, you grow a sword-horn from your forehead.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oq0UHEIfMuA/hqdefault.jpg

You can equip multiple weapons to each body part. Every weapon has ammo, including melee weapons, so a secondary weapon allows you to keep fighting once you exhaust the ammo of your primary weapon.

In short, you have 4 weapons with more available once initial ammo is expended. The type of attack you do depends on the weapon + what part of the body you equip it to. You control your character like in Tekken, with dedicated buttons for each body part. As in Armored Core, your character is completely custom-built.

The game uses a modified tank control setup like in God Hand, You can double-tap in any direction to quick-move in that direction though, so it's not slow like an RE game would be. You can lock on as well.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:22 pm

A bit like God Hand? Now you're just spoiling me.

Also where do blades pop up when assigned to the body? I have an idea...
-Yours Truly