What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Charlar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:09 pm
AdorableOtter wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:52 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:31 pm

That would be Fallout.
Fallout 1&2 are more like underrated.
Bullshit. Everybody is sucking those two sub-par turn-based RPGs off. Pretty much every RPG that has D&D in the name is better. People like the setting and forgive the games much too much shit. The loads of popculture references in F2 would even make Doge Walker cringe.
The whole Fallout universe is what you get when you take Rifts and decide to make it super boring and bland.
I don't agree
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:21 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:58 pm
No its not, stop sucking of the witcher series. Dragon Age origins was 20 times better, yes on consoles too.
And yes Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion
I know this is bait, but what makes DA:O any good at all? I've been playing it lately and it's just so shitty and generic.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 am

It's fucking trash top to bottom. nu-Bioware cancer through and through. Shit game mechanics, shit game world (Tolkien but progressive because everything has to be subverted), shit story.
It's SW prequels kinda apologism at this point. Origins was okay for Bioware at that time, but not as a RPG in general.

Oblivion is better than Skyrim by a fucking mile as well, by the way. Skyrim doesn't even have classes anymore. Shit so bland I dropped it right after the Dark Brotherhood story and never looked back.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 am

I still say Oblivion is garbage. Better than Skyrim? Maybe. But still fucking terrible and responsible for starting the generic "fill in the box, mad libs style" RPG template used in Bethesda games.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 am
I still say Oblivion is garbage. Better than Skyrim? Maybe. But still fucking terrible and responsible for starting the generic "fill in the box, mad libs style" RPG template used in Bethesda games.
And Skyrim is the natural progression of that. Everything bad of Oblivion is present in Skyrim, just worse.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:02 am

Got a Gwyhyr sword in Witcher 2, probably about to close this chapter out. This sword looks op as fuck btw.

Read about half of Blood of Elves, the first "actual" Witcher novel. The Last Wish was a short story collection. Pretty solid. I've been impressed with the functionality of the prose in these stories. Too many fantasy novel writers go down a rabbit hole of expository bullshit and flowery descriptions.

Skyrim and Oblivion are "follow the marker: the game." Fallout 3 and NV to some extent as well. No idea about Fallout 4, but it's probably the same.
RAPEMAN wrote:

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:22 am

Kugelfisch wrote:

Bullshit. Everybody is sucking those two sub-par turn-based RPGs off. Pretty much every RPG that has D&D in the name is better. People like the setting and forgive the games much too much shit. The loads of popculture references in F2 would even make Doge Walker cringe.
The whole Fallout universe is what you get when you take Rifts and decide to make it super boring and bland.
You're either super autistic or bullshitting like Spooner himself. You haven''t touched anything other than those popculture references that's pretty much non-argument. I guess you just read some snobby article about those references and assumed they are bad. (personally, I barely noticed those references, thus didn't bother me at all)

Also, vast majority of D&D based games are garbage/mediocre at best, especially those AD&D games on PC. Not every D&D games are made like BG2, ToEE, NWN,.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:25 am

I want to play those BG and Neverwinter Nights games (as I said, I didn't PC game because my specs were shit when I as a kid,) but I never know where to start. I played the later games like KotoR 1 and 2, Jade Empire, Ass Effect etc.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:48 am

There are some mods out there that let you play BG1 with the BG2 engine to enjoy the improved features. Though I can't recall the name(s) anymore.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 am
Oblivion is better than Skyrim by a fucking mile as well, by the way. Skyrim doesn't even have classes anymore. Shit so bland I dropped it right after the Dark Brotherhood story and never looked back.
Classes? Those were just templates in Morrowind. The closest thing to an actual class was your star sign.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Ok Spoony, give us the sarcastic schnitzel back...

I'll admit, I haven't played Fallout 1 or 2 (neither did Kugel), but I've seen enough parts to adore those games. The final part with Master is amazing, and something none of the follow up games managed to get even close to. Especially Bethesda, they just don't know how to properly write a dialogue, or characters - Fallout 4 is absolute mockery of anything that made the series great to begin with. I like Oblivion a lot, but mostly because it's just so goofy, so I don't have to pretend to take a lot of things too seriously.

As for Two worlds 2, yes, it's better than first one (at least it's not a broken mess, I had to cheat to even finish the first game), but it's so boring, felt like offline MMO without anything interesting going for it. I had fun playing coop with friends, but single player sucked the life out of me in first 30 minutes.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.