What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Against my better judgement, I'll respond to you.

You'll be playing as members of the gang John Marston was part of, you already know that, but this was long before they went nuts. John talks about them in RDR with some portion of respect, that before Dutch went insane, they tried to basically live like Robin Hood, take from rich and bad and give to good and poor.

So I don't think the game will assume completely bad angle - I too didn't like playing as Trevor, because it was annoying to see him being portrayed as such menace when in reality, he was just one psychotic guy. Most of GTA protagonists were psychotic to some extent, but they weren't so full blown like Trevor, because it makes them boring, it's just one sided. Not that Trevor was completely one sided, but that psychotic side keeps poking out and it was frankly just annoying and unlikeable, I wanted him to die. I liked Michael the best. Franklin was just a whiny bitch.

So anyways, judging from trailers, RDR2 looks very good. What is the actual concern is how much they'll focus on RDR:Online, because you can bet your ass that's going to come, because people are retarded and actually still give Rockstar money for their scam otherwise known as Shark Cards.

As for the quality of a story and overall atmosphere, I'm far more concerned about Wolfenstein 2. I loved the first one, but the sequel seems to be more like doom with nazis. I don't want to play another arena shooter, only with nazis, I wanted a worthy sequel.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:16 pm

Online is such fucking cancer on video games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Brad posing as Chillock the black nazi muslim christian nicknamed harrythebarry wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:14 pm
One of the few games (or maybe the only one) I was looking forward to was RDR2 but with the new trailer my hypelevel just lowered. It seems not to include John Marston or theyre still waiting to reveal him but then I dont get the point of this trailer.
It also seems we will be forced into a bad guy role which I dont particulary like. Seeing those insane and violent renegades in RDR was cool because you got to hunt them down and gave you motivation as the good guy, doing all that nasty shit yourself just doesnt feel right to me.

I also hated playing as trevor in GTAV because I dont want to put myself in the shoes of a psychopath, I need at least some link with the main character to "roleplay as him" through the game.
I agree. Marston was interesting because he used to be a shitty person, and he was trying to change. But he wasn't completely changed, so you could still be an asshole sometimes. It's a classic archetype. I don't want to play as a bunch of irredeemable shitheads like GTA V made me. GTA IV Niko and RDR Marston were closer. Niko wanted to do the right thing but had a nihilistic streak a mile wide and a tendency of going straight to 11 on violence.

Neither of those characters were straight evil or psychotic. By the end of GTA IV, the player might conclude Niko was evil. But if he was, it was a complex, self-pitying strain of evil. I don't remember as much of RDR's story. I assume he also wasn't one-dimensional and a psycho, because he certainly didn't give me that Trevor impression when I was taming horses and hunting wildlife.

RDR is probably Rockstar's best game. I think any sequel can only be a disappointment from there.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:58 am

Marston just wanted to leave all his shit behind and retire having a farm somewhere but the state didn't let him. He wasn't a goody good guy but had all the motivations for doing any cruel shit. He is forced to for his families wellbeing.
I can relate to that. It's easy to. It's not genius writing but everyone can relate to it. If you're not a faggot you'd tear your arm off for your kids. Kill somebody, especially when you've killed before? Absolutely!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:18 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ4sq8IW0AEHWID.png:large

I don't always agree with gamingbrit, but he made this variation on the meme comparing Rachet OG vs shitty remake Ratchet and I enjoyed it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:16 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:18 am
I don't always agree with gamingbrit, but he made this variation on the meme comparing Rachet OG vs shitty remake Ratchet and I enjoyed it.
The same retarded spaz that insisted that re-releases are bad and everybody should play the original on an old console?

Back to Rockstar games, I agree that RDR is easily their best work, because it was made mostly by Rockstar San Diego and as far as I know, Housers didn't have that much influence over it. Still, it has some of the things that annoy me in Rockstar games, for example, the main protagonist is always such a doormat!

John Marston, the magnificient desperado has to do favors for every miserable wretch under the sun, for people that would otherwise be lying dead somewhere, and often with rather weak reasoning. Towards then end, you might as well call him John Cuckston. It's not the FBI that bothers me, but almost every single person he meets is a crook that wants him to do stuff for him, and it gets very one-sided. I got tired of Dickens, really tired of Irish, and especially that mexican cocksucker who's name I can't remember.

I don't like when the character has no real goals on his own and has to do stuff for others that he never wants to do. The worst example of this is Franklin in GTA V, who spends the whole game bitching about not liking what he does - why the hell do you write such character, toss him into sewers and give me someone better! I liked San Andreas because CJ felt like he was actually working to achieve goals and help out his friends, Marston most of the time whines about how he really hates to do stuff for idiots that he keeps finding, but he's not man enough to skin someone alive to get actual information from him.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:03 pm

The mexico chapter of RDR was kind of shitty overall. I remember being pissed off when I suddenly had to do all this mexico shit I didn't care about, working for asshole NPCs I had no interest in.

But Franklin really was the worst. GTA V in general was the worst. What a shitty game.
RAPEMAN wrote:

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:05 pm

Seeing as how no other games interest me I went back and took another look at Divinity Original Sin 2, still not expecting too much from it over DOS1 but that gamemaster mode might be very interesting. I just got the game and once I finish the main game Ill make a campaign myself if thats possible, I always loved those concepts of creating something that others can play. And im arrogant enough to think my writing is better than Larians lol.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Depends. How many genderqueer NPCs are in Larian stories?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Brad posing as Chillock the black nazi muslim christian nicknamed harrythebarry wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:05 pm
I always loved those concepts of creating something that others can play.
It's probably not a simple level editor as you can imagine. It's probably DnD boardgame but on PC. Some other PC crpg tried this a while ago but failed because base game was basically Baldurs Gate but "Call of Dutyfied". I haven't seen anyone mention it recently and I even forgot the name.