What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:56 am

Hitboxes were... problematic, I'll give you that, but that's about the only thing I can admit. Rest is bullshit. The reason hardcore 1.6 fans stuck with it was because they were unable to try something different and because they are mentally stuck in 2001. Source did a number of good things like not being slowed the fuck down when you're getting hit like you're walking through mud.

That's why even a new game had to adapt to more than 10 years old mechanisms and it's certainly not an improvement and I don't give a fuck how many people play it. Most of them started playing it after they added the gambling anyways, I remember how the numbers looked when it launched.
Poonoo wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:07 am
killing an enemy half the time was pure luck
Yeah, there never was a person losing firefight using that excuse.

I just don't consider 1.6 a game that aged well. It was novel and made ways for many other shooters to come, but looking back, I can't say it's a great game. It's like comparing data bank with iphone - it's not about what comes first, but what is polished enough to provide best comfort. To me, Source gunplay and controls felt great.

That's why I have always prefered Source and couldn't really get into CSGO every time I've tried. Other things are the bullshit 5vs5 matches and mostly elimination of custom servers.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:18 am

You have been banned from No Man's Sky Discussions
You have been banned from No Man's Sky Discussions by a No Man's Sky developer for your post in "No Man's Sky General Discussion":
Have they not seen the responses they got? This game should be 10 euro at max by now.

Ban Reason:
When providing feedback, posting information, or discussing a product in Steam, whether it’s negative or positive, please make sure you are being relevant, constructive and polite.

Please review the Discussions Rules and Guidelines.

This ban will expire on 21 Oct @ 1:16pm. Until then, you will not be able to post in No Man's Sky Discussions.

I guess that is what I deserve for being baffled by the worst received game of all time still being full price. Steam mods are so pathetic lol.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:57 pm

I guess I thought that Source came later because nobody played it at that point.

1.6 is the biggest lie ever told. Valve just never gave CS another version number but the 1.6 at release was completely different from the CS 1.6 much later. 1.6 came with riot shields and a completely bugged AWP that oneshot everyone always no matter where you hit somebody.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:15 am
It's not like Germany has some long tradition of making good games anyways :lol: You guys make some interesting, quirky games, like Paraworld, but then you obsess yourselves with stuff like Cultures and plaster dwarfs, not a good balance. At this point I would say that more impressive games were made in Czech Republic than in Germany. Your people just don't like gaming that much.
Don't mention Paraworld, man. Getting that one to run on modern systems is a bitch thanks to that weird copy protection.

And Germany is just a toxic environment for game devs. Our game awards are a joke because our politicians got triggered like fuck when Crysis 2 got one, and potential eSports sponsors might just dump your ass if there's even a hint at another violent video game debate.
Brad posing as Chillock the black nazi muslim christian nicknamed harrythebarry wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:18 am
I guess that is what I deserve for being baffled by the worst received game of all time still being full price. Steam mods are so pathetic lol.
Who mods the mods?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:29 pm

What type of person would willingly mod a forum for a complete pile of shit made by one of the most blatant liars in the history of vidya? I expect more reasonable judgement from a meth addict.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:49 pm

Power-hungry weirdoes?

And fuuuck, Grim dawn is making me miss those Rebirth Fountains from TQ. There's a lot is space you have to traverse in one sitting to get shit done.
Things have also really opened up, with at least 3 optional locations waiting to be explored. Though I'm not sure what to think of dem skeleton keys. Oh well, I'll see if I can make it through the Steps of Torment with my DPS and Resistances up the arse.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:09 pm

I started playing salt and sanctuary. It's fun, but it needs more sanctuaries. It feels like they're spaced a lot further apart than a souls game. TBH it feels closer to Demon's Souls in that respect, since dying usually means going through an entire area rather than a quick boss rush like you'd get in Dark Souls 1.

What they could have done to fix my sanctuaries complaint is add more secret rooms that just have those little sanctuaries in them. Secret rooms require you to spam circle on a wall and it would reward repeat playthroughs by reducing tedium and shortening backtracking. You can't really sprint past everything in a 2d Souls game because they take up so much screen real estate relative to 3d Souls.

Bosses so far have been kind of tricky compared to souls games. I just got creamed by the kraken cyclops. I think my problem is I keep trying to fatty roll everywhere when I should be spamming my block with my shield. I'm a generic viking dude with sword and board style, and going with Iron Ones aka Bedora Tipper religion. Oh and queen of smiles is the easiest boss in the history of any fucking souls game. Block, then attack. Repeat until you win.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:18 am

Salt and sanctuary (which sounds like a game where you would control an internet nobody and tried to keep him in his hugbox, aka sanctuary, and not get too salty, otherwise they would become a hero) seems interesting, but that art style, are they for real?

It looks like the worst weaboo artist with severe depression tried to draw something but ended up using his 6 years old son's drawing for all the characters. WTF indeed.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:48 am

It's a husband and wife dev team. The character art is fucking terrible, but that's not such a big deal in a game where you mostly have characters obscured by armor and equipment anyway.

The most popular headpiece seems to be a pumpkin mask in any case.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:50 pm

A fast roll makes this boss easy. I tried to block his attacks with shield back then if I remember correctly but you run out of stamina.