What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:08 pm

You don't even get to see the red ninjas in the lower difficulty in NG2. Hard starts out with them. Three of them! Attacking intelligently and throwing explosive kunais that sick to you and break your guard. You better weren't planning on waiting to counter them. So what can you do? Have mastered the game on the other mode or admit defeat.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 am

Those explosive kunai dicks are awful. They throw from offscreen. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:25 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 am
That's how good they are. Fuck, a real ninja doesn't need a character model. You just die.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:22 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:00 am
Greatly assisted by the stubborn camera of the game. They are like a dream team together.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Playing Yakuza 0, first game I got for my new PS4 as I found it cheap (in a toy shop of all places). Enjoying it so far, the length and number of cutscenes can be annoying as I only have time to game in short bursts but I'm finding the combat to be a lot of fun.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 pm

I enjoyed Yakuza 3 a lot and Yakuza 4 was pretty fun. The cutscenes are always too long in Yakuza games. I think I have the most fun in these games running around, doing sidequests in the open world and beaten up punks. Oh and the stories are usually pretty melodramatic and can get kind of retarded with plot twists and shit that doesn't make sense.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 am

Oh and the stories are usually pretty melodramatic and can get kind of retarded with plot twists and shit that doesn't make sense.
I like how every major side-character in Yakuza 4
SpoilerShow
gets shot near the end, but they all somehow survive through contrived convenience. When the corrupt police chief commits suicide at the end, I was half-expecting his gun to be the rubber-bullet one.

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 pm

I'm never particularly fussed about the plots in games anyway. Along as I can get into the "atmosphere" or the world the game creates (god, that sounds pretentious), that's enough to keep me immersed.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:18 pm

That's how to do it. I'm a big DMC dork, but even I can see that things get a bit dodgy considering Dante's age and shit. I think either Odin Sphere was the last time a plot really did it for me.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

asdf

Post by asdf » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 am

Currently back into a PSO2 stint.

I forgot exactly how weeb everything in Japan's anime culture really is. Worst part is that the english players are far, far worse than most of the Japanese ones I've run into. I'm a giant robot running around in a game filled with furiously masturbating dudes with knee-high lolicon characters dressed in string bikinis.

Even worse, they added a fashion "liking" system so now people in generic cutesy or "sexy" outfits walk around doing dance emotes with their status set to things along the lines of, "Likes? <3"

If I wasn't such a sucker for casual grinding games and if I didn't have a regular small group of people to play with that generally avoid being total anime nerds I'd probably never touch the thing again just because of all of the disgusting lolicon running around.