What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Man, getting my ass beaten a lot for the last two difficulty settings in Bayonetta apparently made a friggin' badass at Normal. I might just be able to unlock Jeanne the legit way.

I've also decided to take a little trip down memory lane and play a bit through the Devil May Cry games. That control scheme with jump on the triangle button is still pretty darn weird. I'm currently farming Phantom's surprise corridor appearance till I've got all power-ups below 2,000 orbs for a little head start and to keep a nice pocket full of orbs to throw at Ifrit when I get it.

Anyone know if that DMC4 Special Edition is worth it?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:32 am

Persona 5. On my 4th playthough.
Min maxing some personas and that stuff.

Aldo replaying dark souls 2 on ps4. I didnt quite liked vanilla ds2, but after the dlcs i thought it was quite good. The changes made in the sotfs for ps4 and pc make it much better overall. Really like this version.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:28 am

Anybody here played Tekken 7 yet? I've downloaded it but playing isn't going to happen tonight anymore.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Seele

Post by Seele » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:05 am

Gonna wait for a price drop on Tekken. Something about this one seems very mediocre. It looks & plays better than Tekken 6, but lines up with Tekken 4 in terms of "meh" quality.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:06 am

I'll take a PC "meh" Tekken above none at all any day.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:51 am

And I'm done with DMC1. The button layout was still as weird as I remembered, and it still had an amazing presentation (if you can forgive the quality voice acting). I think it might just have the best atmosphere in any DMC game, as best exemplified bit that rad first fight with Nelo Angelo (even if the fight itself is pretty easy).

Think's I've forgot was how much rape you can deal out with Ifrit, And how utterly terrible the camera can be. The game was not mean for these RE-style stiff camera angles that can disorient you with sudden turns when you least want them do, and especially fights in larger rooms suffer from it. Something like Bayonetta's camera would be friggin' rad, especially with how sweet the castle looks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:37 am

Nier Automata seems interesting.

I pirrrrrated it just to see if it would run well enough with all the topics on steam about it needing a patch.

Seems like a fun and interesting game with a combination of several gameplay styles, at the same time something feels off.
Leveling up doesnt allow me to do anything? Not picking skills or increase some stats seems weird in an rpg to me.

Also dont know how I feel about the turret, sure it varies the combat a bit but at the same time Im starting to wonder if there is any reason why I shouldnt hold the button down at all times... Might as well tape it stuck or something.

Then there is the question I still need answered by playing further or from others; are there other types of weapons or is this games combat the same every time? getting real stale already. Also seems to be no armor so I wonder what ill be crafting besides parts for the little robot turret.

So anyone else play this and can they tell me if I should keep playtesting as a pirate or get the game? Or wont it get any better after the first few hours and I should just skip it if this doesnt do it completely for me yet?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Isn't this game basically Open World Bayonetta? No wonder it's more action than RPG.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:50 pm

Never played bayonetta but ive seen it mentioned before when people talk about nier so probably yeah.

And what you say might be true as well but then why even include level ups?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Tradition I guess? I mean, going all real-time-y never stopped Squeenix from still using their FF1-style battle menu.
-Yours Truly