What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:34 am

Man, it's like someone wanted to fuck up his game's community on purpose.

Also Phantasy Star 4's Macro system is rad and I'm surprised nobody ever borrowed the idea.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 01, 2017 12:40 am

For Honor. A clan mate had a key left over. So far, I actually like it. It's pretty much a fighting game, reminding me a lot of Bushido Blade. The story is silly but enjoyable, although it takes itself too serious. Of course, it's an Ubisoft game and as such I have to deal with Uplay and there are many female knights and samurai and shit. Seems a bit weird but nothing dramatic.

The worst thing about it are really the servers. I don't know why Ubisoft keeps having so much problems with their servers being stable.
The gameplay is actually pretty deep for the relatively limited moves. Chivalry is much more intuitive and has better gore but at least there aren't any fucking archer classes in For Honor.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon May 01, 2017 10:50 am

It is an interesting and apparently very well made unique game, aside from the shitty servers, which is a massive issue for this type of game, where having a good connection is important. Unfortunately, since I've found out that it's really much more of a fighting game than anything else, it's not for me, but I see the appeal.

I've liked Chivalry much more precisely because it's not a fighter and it's much more of a medieval FPS, closer to Mount & blade series combat.

// Currently raging at Kingdom Rush. I don't understand how are people capable of beating some of the harder difficulties without playing them over and over or lucking out. I like tower games, but similarly to SHMUPs it seems to me that over the time they started developing them mostly for the hardcore crowd.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 02, 2017 3:14 am

Regarding it as a fighter helps a lot to understand how the combat system works. I guess you could also call Chivalry a fighter since much of the same rules apply, really. But For Honor feels a lot more like one subjectively.
I actually really like all gameplay modes in it. Duel is straightforward where you get your ass handed to you by some fucker that's being playing the game for months. But the other modes actually have in-match leveling and it's not just the same across the board either.

You have four classes in three factions. No matter what faction you chose to fight for in the multiplayer meta, you can play any class of any faction. So somebody collecting points for the knights can play a viking to do so.
In the main mode, Dominion, you have three points to capture. One is a battlefield where soldiers, weak mobs you kill in one hit, clash and two off to the side. There are only soldiers at the battlefield, not the other points. The other points grant you healing over time, as long as you own them and they aren't contested, the battlefield doesn't.
Points tick up for every captured point, plus 100 points flat just for holding each. Reach 1000 points and enemy respawns stop. A lot like Battlefield in Conquest, really.

So the way the leveling works with the classes is that they are kinda specialized.
Vanguards gain health from killing soldiers and fighting outnumbered so they are perfect for the battlefield.
Heavies gain XP by holding a captured point and assisting others players. They also net the team additional points just for standing around in a captured point at 2 a second.
Assassins gain most XP from killing in 1v1 situations.
And every faction has a hybrid class that's wildly different between factions and gains XP evenly for everything. The only thing they really have in common is that they have good range.

If the servers weren't such shit I'd consider it as a clan game. But as it stands those are the biggest issue right now.
Otherwise I'm having fun with it. It's skill-based, has matchups to consider and keeps you busy with tons of game mechanics to learn and perfect.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 02, 2017 3:58 pm

But how OP is the katana?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 02, 2017 11:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 3:58 pm
But how OP is the katana?
Depends on who you ask. The Orochi is well hated and rightfully so, but since I play Conqueror mostly (flail and shield knight) I don't really give a fuck. I can trade, they can not. I can block everything, they can not afford to be blocked. But if they just wail on you and you panic and don't punish correctly they fuck your shit up real fast.

This game rewards defensive play very, very much. So much that theoretically the Orochi ought to be trash tier. But people are impatient and want to bash faces in so they attack, which the Orochi welcomes. All I have to do to ruin their game is block and counter guard breaks. So I just hold in the indicated direction the attack comes from and press the guard break button when I see the GB icon blink.
Whenever I block a heavy I get a free heavy. If I get a heavy I get a shield bash. They must dodge that. If they don't I get another free heavy. Shield bash exhausts them and if they are out of stamina a throw puts them on the ground, granting me a free charged heavy that hurts them a lot. A fucking lot. We're talking "50% of their health pool" lot.
Alternatively, I can follow a bash with lights, which I can chain as long as my stamina lasts and aren't really punishable on block.
Alternatively, I can try and counter their attacks by pushing heavy attack at the right moment.
Alternatively, I can press, hold for a very short while, and release the heavy attack, releasing my heavy at a timing that would be too late for a parry but since my heavy has auto-block on start up I just block their attack and flail them a short-charged heavy in the face - basically covering a sloppy parry input.

So in theory I should rape them all day long. But in practice they are a bitch to deal with.

tl;dr: Katana stonk; flail moar stronk; me weak. But with a bit of practice I recon I'd wreck shit in this game. It's right up my alley and I might just get a couple of clan members playing it for a four man pub stomping crew.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Wed May 03, 2017 12:32 am

Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon May 08, 2017 12:16 am

I'm using a free-trial period to finally try FFXIV and so far it's definitely pretty decent fun for a MMORPG
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 18, 2017 4:56 am

I've been playing Risk of Rain. I might have shat on this game on an older iteration of DHI. It's ok. The default controls sucked balls and I didn't realize how bad they were until I remapped everything and played with a controller.

The starting character, Commando, is also not fun to use at all for me. But I can consistently clear the game in the middle difficulty with Outlaw.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Mynameisnotimportant

Post by Mynameisnotimportant » Thu May 18, 2017 6:25 am

Got a PS4, so actively playing Disgaea V and Killzone 4 which I found for like 6 bucks at GameStop. Also some Rocket League, which might be the most tightly designed movement based game I've played since like...Jet Grind Radio on Sega Dreamcast.

Started Persona V on PS3 and Fallout 3 New Vegas. Haven't played them in a while though, as PS4 out of nowhere from fiancee for Easter.