What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Mynameisnotimportant

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Mynameisnotimportant » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Starcraft and Brood War basic is free now, I think they are on 18: 8 patch. The AI seems slightly different in some ways over version 15 but not enough to make it too different in the campaign. The HD remaster version looks sharp, they are supposedly going to remake the cutscenes which are now laughably bad FMVs at this point. They are also reworking the music too.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Any chance the FMVs will include more people hamming it up? NuBlizzard loves that shit.

And the old FMVs worked surprisingly better on my PC than the ones from WC3, which for some reason look washed-out and terrible on anything after Windows XP (at least to my knowledge).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Mynameisnotimportant

Post by Mynameisnotimportant » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:29 pm

The thing about Starcraft is that it still works on Windows 10. At least Blizzard has kept the old game current with new tech. Generally it may glitch (the worst is the pathing and getting your SCVs trapped in the supply depot they just made, I saw an SCV move backwards the other day like moonwalking as a glitch) but the game doesn't crash. EA with Origins gives fuck all about Command & Conquer or other old games actually working on your OS.

As for the remake, the plan seems to be replacing the FMVs with storyboards or some shit. Not sure how that is supposed to work, but I guess we'll see.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:15 pm

its coming the 15th of august
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:36 am

You pre-purchased
StarCraft® Remastered Pre-Purchase

14th it seems now
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Mynameisnotimportant wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:29 pm
EA with Origins gives fuck all about Command & Conquer or other old games actually working on your OS.
Or any other old game series. You can't even buy most of their old titles from them. It's the same with Ubishit. HAWX runs fine on Win7 without any fuckery and even updates online automatically, without having to use Ubi's bloatware, and yet you can't buy it from them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Mynameisnotimportant

Post by Mynameisnotimportant » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Ubisoft can't even get their server issues solved. Absolute idiots.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:54 pm

That's what happens when over half your company is nothing but marketing twats and your development studios are filled with women.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:02 pm

Just think about the internal scheming and catfighting going on.

Also playing a bit of NieR Automata. General impression is that it's a watered-down Bayonetta. The combos are weird, the dodges are as well, and the camera is a bit of a letdown. You are basically forced to use auto-lock just to keep track of enemies, an I'll never get why developers think the camera needs to default to a low angle when you run for a bit. I guess it makes trailers look prettier or something, but it's annoying as fuck. Thankfully you can turn that off.
Finding weapons is also a bit of a letdown, because they're usually weaksauce unless you return to base and upgrade them. The tutorial boss was also fucking bizarre thanks to his "Mash dodge like your life depends on it (because it does)" attack.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Corpse party trilogy, it was really cheap that one time
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes