What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
sybilthuns

Re: What are you playing?

Post by sybilthuns » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 am

Right now I am Playing Battlefield 1.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:47 pm

sybilthuns wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 am
Right now I am Playing Battlefield 1.
If you're not a bot, get a different account and post again with no links and acting like a human. I'm 99% positive you're a bot though, so GTAB.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:28 pm

He just tried to say his name is now Playing Battlefield 1.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm continuing to ATATATATATATA in Ken's Rage. Amiba was pretty hard tbh because he cheats. He summons commander enemies midway into the fight while he takes a breather, then he jumps back into the fight when you're done with them. Only this time, he has infinite little guys reinforcing him. Small enemies in Ken's Rage aren't like small enemies in musou games. They can and will fuck you up. Little guys can stunlock you and deal real damage. So I would beat on Amiba's ass, then get donkey punched by Toby The Thug and lose health.

Oh, and don't even try to 7 star the levels. It makes the ending QTE fucking impossible. I managed to get through 4-5 of the sequences, but I don't know how many their are and they're so fucking hard. You have to see it to believe it. The hardest QTE I've seen in any game.

But I still beat Amiba on my first attempt. The first encounter with Raoh was pretty easy. He spams fireballs if you get far away from him, which was where I took most of my damage. He couldn't do anything up close.

Ken is the best character I've played so far. Toki is sick and so ends up taking a knee after most of his combos (leaving you open to attacks.) Rei has little in the way of meterless crowd control, although he is still strong. I hear Mamiya struggles on bosses. Ken is the Ryu character that's actually really cool and makes you happy he's the default guy. I'm annoyed he isn't unlocked in Dream Mode yet.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:54 pm

I'll try out Dusk later. Got it in Early Access because it's going to cost the same at release and so far the devs have been nothing but truthful and delivered their promises.

Edit: It's fucking rad as shit! A bit spooky, very fast, cool secrets, great audio. If you like Quake or Doom, you'll like Dusk.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pen Pal

Post by Pen Pal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Just finished playing Jedi Academy on Jedi Master difficulty trying out every force power on two separate runs. The game is really difficult if you don't invest in Force Protection and Force Heal early on, as you get taken out quite quickly from the enemy's attacks. The game on the JM difficulty is more favorable towards light side force powers over the dark side, as every ability, besides Jedi Mind Trick is effective in dealing with the other lightsaber-wielding enemies. Force Absorb is extremely helpful against other force users, as their force powers will do nothing against you for the most part.
JMT is really helpful against the Hazard troopers and the Jumptroopers, as they can take you out quickly.

Nearly all of the dark side force powers suck against the force users. With Force Drain and Force Grip, they'll usually push you away as you're using it, making them pointless against those enemies. For FG you can at least grab them and quickly flick them to a long fall where they'll die, but you won't be able to choke them out for long. Force Rage sucks as it drains half of your health on the Jedi Master difficulty and you down quickly regardless.

I like how you have the choice of playing the most of the missions in any order you like, as it makes the game feel more varied on repeat playthroughs. The variety in the missions is an improvement on Jedi Outcast, though the missions are kind of short compared to JO's large nonlinear levels, which makes the game feel more like an expansion pack than an actual sequel. There are also very few puzzles in this game and the ones you do solve aren't as good as the puzzles from JO.

The lightsaber combat and the way lightsabers are handled in this game are a big improvement upon JO, as you're able to customize the hilt and color of your lightsaber; at the last third of the game, you can choose between three sets of lightsabers to wield with their own different combat styles, though I just stick to one lightsaber with light or strong attacks. For the two new styles you can set it to use one blade, which I think defeats the purpose a bit. Being able to push away enemies when you do a saber lock is really helpful, especially against the dual saber wielding fuckers, but it only comes into effect at the last third of the game, which I found to be disappointing. The enemies using the new sets of lightsabers makes the combat feel more varied with their different ways of attacking you. You also engage in more saber combat than you did in the previous game, which I found to be more exciting.

The story is pretty weak, especially when you compare it to JO's story and there aren't as many cutscenes as there were in JO, but the great gameplay makes up for it (Even then I don't care much for the story of Star Wars media outside of the original trilogy). I do think that the character customization is a bit lacking with the heads of the different species you can choose.

The game's great and is worthy of being the last game in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, even with all its shortcomings with the large amount of improvements done to the gameplay. I haven't played around with the multiplayer part of the game, but I've heard that the mod Movie Battles II, improves upon the saber combat even further. Does anyone have an opinion on the quality of the mod?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:17 pm

I have yet to try any Jedi Knight mod, but that one looks pretty fun. There's also an Open Jedi Project thing that mainly does bugfixes and tweaks.

And I always found the strong style to be hysterically slow-motion-y. Just a bit weird to use, but it hits like a truck.

Being able to switch back to a single lightsaber was probably done mainly because it makes sense to be able to do that, and because that's basically style switching.

The weirdest thing in terms of story is that Luke and Kyle just let you learn Dark Side powers without issues. They and 3PO will comment on that every know and then if you have too many dark powers, but just like in KOTOR your choice between the Light and Dark endings have fuckall to do with the Side you're actually gravitating towards.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:17 pm
I have yet to try any Jedi Knight mod, but that one looks pretty fun. There's also an Open Jedi Project thing that mainly does bugfixes and tweaks.

And I always found the strong style to be hysterically slow-motion-y. Just a bit weird to use, but it hits like a truck.

Being able to switch back to a single lightsaber was probably done mainly because it makes sense to be able to do that, and because that's basically style switching.

The weirdest thing in terms of story is that Luke and Kyle just let you learn Dark Side powers without issues. They and 3PO will comment on that every know and then if you have too many dark powers, but just like in KOTOR your choice between the Light and Dark endings have fuckall to do with the Side you're actually gravitating towards.
The Old EU writers are to blame, they decided that Luke went retarded and decided "Oh the Dark Side isn'tactually bad it's how you use it that makes it evil" that and allowing relationships ended back firing when a hac writer made one of his nephews into a Sith Lord and other hack writer made him that cause another civil war
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:14 pm

It's been a looong time since the last time I played JA, but for me personally, that game had been the best super brutal sword fighing game until Shadow Warrior remake came out. Good times. It's a shame that game didn't have a proper successor or even remake

Pen Pal wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:45 pm
Nearly all of the dark side force powers suck against the force users.
IIRC, dark side is quite strong (possibly better than LS at least in single player) because force grip is broken. With force grip, you can insta kill jedi type enemies by launching them into the air or temporarily stun them to cut them into pieces. It's kinda anti climactic and doesn't feel like a saber-combat™ though.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:36 pm

There was a fun bit in Outcast where some Dark Jedi asshole dropped me from 100% health and shields to basically single digits with a single overhead slash straight through the torso. Dayum.
Charlar wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm
The Old EU writers are to blame, they decided that Luke went retarded and decided "Oh the Dark Side isn'tactually bad it's how you use it that makes it evil" that and allowing relationships ended back firing when a hac writer made one of his nephews into a Sith Lord and other hack writer made him that cause another civil war
I wonder if he made PR holovids for the Good Dark Side.

"Your hyperdrive's not working again? Zap it with Lightning!"
"Your kids are a bit too hyperactive? Suck out a bit of their life force!"
"You're waifu is into some kinky shit? Time to bust out the Force Grip!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette