What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
CuckTurdginson

Re: What are you playing?

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:39 pm

I got the PS2 version of Nocturne - likely will have to emulate the rest.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:31 pm

Complicity wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:32 am
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:01 am
What are the best Megaten games - a question I assume will only be answered by VORP.
Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2, Nocturne and Strange Journey.
Devil Survivor Overclocked and Soul Hackers are worth a play too. Devil Survivor is the kind of spinoff that keeps the core gameplay, unlike Pissona.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:15 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:31 pm
Devil Survivor is the kind of spinoff that keeps the core gameplay, unlike Pissona.
It's Majin Tensei with Persona characters.
I don't know if Majin Tensei 1 and 2 should be put on the list, because i haven't finished them.
I've also never finished ...If, because it's impossible to get a game over; dying will just change your stand/persona into something different (and shittier if you die too fast).

In other news, the Alone in the Dark remake doesn't seem particularly woke (at least for the 20 minutes i played it before uninstalling) but it's plain, ugly and janky.
The original was the game that Resident Evil ripped off; you were, like the title says, alone in the dark, inside a mansion full of monsters and traps which would insta-kill you, and you had to solve puzzles and fight to survive.
The story in the game was provided exclusively by notes and diaries containing explanations about what happened in the house.
The new gayme still has the diaries and notes, but it also wants to be a cInEmAtIc ExPeRiEnCe, meaning that now Derceto is some sort of psychiatric clinic full of plain, ugly characters to talk to in plain, ugly cutscenes.
After some linear exploration in plain, ugly locations, you will be whisked away in linear, plain and ugly Silent Hill-ish segments in which you will engage in janky combat against the most uninspired, lazily put together monsters i've seen in years, that are about as scary as Peerod in his Care Bears' pajamas.
Did i mention that everything about this game is plain and ugly? Because it really is.
It's basically like playing Silent Hill Downpour again. Or sleeping with the ultra-ugly, unwashed version of Jodie Comer they put in it.
Maybe i will play the game again for the story in the future, but right now i'm downloading Callisto Protocol.
Even if it's total shite like everyone says, at least the monsters look sufficiently scary/repulsive.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:49 am

it also wants to be a cInEmAtIc ExPeRiEnCe
Into the trash it goes!

Edit: You want to see a real "cinematic experience?"

Entirely gameplay-driven. Game devs can fuck off with trying to copy movies. In the Hunt is another "cinematic game" where you never stop playing.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:38 am

At least the 2008 game somewhat tried to be it's own thing & embraced its grandiose stupidity.

But in all seriousness, The New Nightmare is still the peak of AITD, and it will never reach that tier again.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:18 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:49 am
Edit: You want to see a real "cinematic experience?"

1:33

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:11 am

It is a well-known fact that the original ninja were black. Their melanin gave them superior stealth capabilities at night.
In fact the stereotypical ninja garb we know today is a sort of blackface, invented by the yellow-skinned ninja to simulate the skin of their superiors.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 am

Ackt-shually, ninja garb is based on the clothing worn by stagehands in kabuki theater. And did you know that Mario 2 is Doki Doki Panic?
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:13 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 am
Ackt-shually, ninja garb is based on the clothing worn by stagehands in kabuki theater.
Which we all know were black, for the Asians inherent self-loathing (which would eventually turn their skin yellow) caused them so unconciously ignore people with too much melanin.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 am

Did they ever port Strange Journey or am I going to have to wait 10 years for an HD remaster.

I have the PS2 version of Nocturne, but that game was not easy to get a hold of until recently.

Since I've got Pissona on the mind (beating P5 Royal - the best game in the Persona catalogue - do not @ me) - I listened to some of the voice acting for Persona 3 Reload and there are choices there that are weirdly awful. Like Akihiko - the boxer that was voiced by Gaara in the first game sounds like he's 35. The funniest one is Zeno Robinson - who is more or less just doing a Vic impression.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.