What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:40 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:21 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:58 pm
No its not, stop sucking of the witcher series. Dragon Age origins was 20 times better, yes on consoles too.
And yes Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion
I know this is bait, but what makes DA:O any good at all? I've been playing it lately and it's just so shitty and generic.
I really cant understand that last line from someone who likes the witcher series, the perfect example of shitty and generic... I liked DAO story, characters and the way you had impact on the storyline, the combat system was good and the character building decent enough. Half of it was of course the broken promise (same as with mass effect series) that all your decisions in the first game would have major impact on the next 2 games.
While it was just above avarage - good at least it didnt try to be edge and emo like witchers forced so called "mature" stuff which is just uberchildish in most parts. And the combat in the witcher series is so terrible I have no idea how anyone can enjoy that. DAo 's combat at least has strategy and requires you to use your brains instead of dodgerolling like a mong.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:16 am

The combat was terrible in dragon age. How can you enjoy it? You either dominate the enemy in seconds or get rolfstomped in seconds.

The witcher 2's combat wasn't amazing or anything, but upgrades did a lot to mitigate my problems with the combat.

You say the Witcher has childish "mature" content (I'm assuming you mean it's too edgy,) but Dragon Age Origins was way worse in that regard. The darkspawn are just LotR Peter Jackson Uruks or warhammer demons. Everyone is racist and bigoted to everyone else. The game had sexy shit in it pretty much solely to appeal to mature gaymers.

I'm not saying Witcher doesn't have edgy shit in it, but that's balanced by a solidly 15th century aesthetic and a cohesive world (as opposed to generic high fantasy). The monsters, too, have extensive bestiary listings you're required to study up on so you can hunt them effectively. Even the bigotry is rationalized better. People are prejudiced against elves because so many elves are mudslime terrorists trying to allahu snackbar humans. Elves hate humans because they took over the land in the same way colonial settlers did in America, with a similar atrocity counter. Everyone hates Witchers because Witchers are mutant freaks who kill kids in order that some of the kids might survive and become weirdo monster hunters like them. Everyone hates Mages because these beautiful women used to be twisted, hate-filled, deformed hags before using magic to become beautiful. Also they're as powerful as a tactical nuke but more capricious and self-serving.

In Dragon Age, I just remember Elves were "lel black slavery lel, noble tribesmen, dindu nuffin." No idea about dwarves because I didn't play one. Mages were bad because magic isn't Jesus or something. Characters are cunts to each other based on automatic alignment, IE "My name is Alistair and I used to be a templar guy. Morrigan is a mage, therefore Morrigan a shit, fuck her."
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:56 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:40 am
I liked DAO story, characters and the way you had impact on the storyline, the combat system was good and the character building decent enough.
Story, characters and combat system in DA:O were just as dull as your presence on this board. Try playing Witcher games without being an edgelord and you might enjoy yourself - I've seen very few actual critiques of W2 and W3 that didn't sound like the person writing those haven't tried their hardest to dislike the games, and in the end, coming out extra salty. Maybe you just can¨t appreciate good writing and storytelling, that's why you even consider sticking to Skyrim in the first place. In that's the case, pick up Fallout 4 and be happy with the lobotomy.

Currently playing Cat Quest, a simple hack and slash:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/593280/Cat_Quest/

If you can survive the cat puns and don't mind that the game is dumb, it's pretty self aware and good, casual fun. I would say that it has some Zelda elements, and it's just all around great thing to play when you just want to relax. It's pretty damn easy and forgiving, so if anyone wants challenge, I guess they need to play with one finger, blindfolded or something like that.

I don't know if it was in Early Access or not, never heard about it before, but it released like a normal game, like many others. And it has plenty of content.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:22 pm

wtf are you even babbling about? rofl if you think witcher 3 has better characters, theyre all so edgy and throwing in cringeworthy innuendos ever 4 lines of dialogue...
No idea wtf you even mean with without being an edgelord??? Witcher 3 defines edge, I hate it for it so that makes me the opposite of an edgelord really...

Cant you get over yourself? Every single goddamn time you stick to your opinion like its proven factual truth that everybody needs to accept. Get over it a lot of people think your favorite game sucks a bag of dicks and is childish and hollow beyond belief, its not the end of the world.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 pm

There is edge on both sides, but only one franchise has the Iron Bull.

Also lol at me ending my Titan Quest hiatus. Just got past the Great Wall and was wondering when things will get challenging again. Cue rape-tastic Wyrm Mages who will stun you (making it harder to bullrush you, a pretty gud anti-mage tactic so far) and lightning bolt you down to nothing before you can go "WTF?!".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:15 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 pm
There is edge on both sides, but only one franchise has the Iron Bull.
Im only talking about origins, 2 and 3 were pure shit
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:44 pm

The very existence of 2 and 3 tarnishes origins compared to other franchises.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:50 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:22 pm
No idea wtf you even mean with without being an edgelord??? Witcher 3 defines edge, I hate it for it so that makes me the opposite of an edgelord really...
Well, I suppose there is a chance that one day you'll actually play or see parts of the game and enjoy it. Until then, I suppose you'll stay the edgelord who spews random sentences that really don't go anywhere, but you're seriously missing out on things.

I wouldn't mind you shitting on the game, if you've actually presented something resembling an opinion - for once. Saying that everyone is edgelord and the game is immature is just stupid, and makes you look just as good as that moron from Polygon who wrote the game off because it hasn't included enough black guys and trannies. I can't get mad at you if your reaction to a different opinion is worthy of Total Bitchfit.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:22 pm
Cant you get over yourself?
I'm fine, but I'm waiting for you to drop the act and try to behave like a human being for once, not like a kiwi with a tourettes. And don't get mad that I'm calling you out on things, because you never say anything specific, or give an argument, you just like to shout things as see if anyone reacts, like you're just a shell. From time to time, it's ok, but when I see your dumb shit in every topic, it just gets boring.

@VoiceOfReasonPast Titan Quest left a sour taste in my mouth. The game is good, but I made a mistake picking close range fighter, when so many enemies like to run away from you, and especially since the controls aren't the best, it made for much more annoying experience - it certainly hasn't aged well. Grim Dawn is much better, improves the formula in pretty much every way.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Playing Crusader Kings as the Empire of Poland right now. I'm playing the Romulan story in Star Trek Online while avoiding other players
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:14 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:22 am
You're either super autistic or bullshitting like Spooner himself. You haven''t touched anything other than those popculture references that's pretty much non-argument. I guess you just read some snobby article about those references and assumed they are bad. (personally, I barely noticed those references, thus didn't bother me at all)
I did play Fallout 1&2 but dropped them.
The controls are clunky, the overworld may as well not exist at all (yeah, I get it, it's a wasteland but that's still boring), fucking rats are challenging at the start because you always seem to miss much more often than is reasonable. You have no real party. The world is boring to the max, the monsters are even worse. The lack of magic makes for very little variety in combat, which feels long, boring and tedious.
And I'll say again how much I hate the controls.
AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:22 am
Also, vast majority of D&D based games are garbage/mediocre at best, especially those AD&D games on PC. Not every D&D games are made like BG2, ToEE, NWN,.
That was my point. Most are still better than Fallout. Baldur's Gate and all the rest of the CRPGs running on that crap Infinity engine are shit as well. The gameplay is awful.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:48 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:33 am
Oblivion is better than Skyrim by a fucking mile as well, by the way. Skyrim doesn't even have classes anymore. Shit so bland I dropped it right after the Dark Brotherhood story and never looked back.
Classes? Those were just templates in Morrowind. The closest thing to an actual class was your star sign.
You, at the very least, had a starting point, though. I'm not argueing Oblivion to be good, just much better than Skyrim.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 am
I'll admit, I haven't played Fallout 1 or 2 (neither did Kugel), but I've seen enough parts to adore those games.
So speaking from ignorance then while claiming that I am. How can you adore a game you haven't even played? This is the kind of blind dicksucking for Fallout I'm talking about. Talk bad about the first two games, which were mediocre at the very best, and even people who didn't even play them will come along and tell you how they were supposed masterpieces.
Most overrated series ever. Just like I said. People not valueing the first two games enough is the most hilariously wrong thing I've ever heard.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!