What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Charlar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:25 am

I go t Divine divinity a while ago and was wondering which other game in the series is worth getting, the series is on sales until tomorrow morning on gog
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:01 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:03 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:52 pm
Boku no Hero Academia is this exact thing too. Stand battles in JoJo brushed up against this problem. One Piece definitely has the same issue for the devil fruit users with snowflake powers. Literally only 1 of every fruit user can exist on the planet at one time, literal snowflake powers.

BTW this is why I like the Eneis Lobby plot so far. Six Powers was a weird idea, but at least it's a skill you can train and not some innate snowflake bullshit.
At least the devil fruits gave us one hilarious moment:

(Skip to around 2:20 if you're impatient)

And speaking of Enie's Lobby, I fucking love those CP-9 dudes. They don't need fruits to kick ass, they just ate some to kick more ass.

And while the whole haki stuff introduced (or rather explained) later has some iffy bits, I like how it acts like a nerf to those Logia fruit blokes who where previously just way too good with their quasi-intangibility. And it is another skill anyone can learn (aside from those iffy bits).
Skypeia started really fucking slowly, but once Wyper showed up it was great fun.

Haki seems like an asspull tbh. Just a way to make characters more OP so they can power level up. Six Powers/Six Kings was more interesting because it took years of discipline to level up in + it made sense the government would find a way for their employees to keep pace with the insane bullshit of devil fruit users.

Eneru is a cool dude. I hope he comes back.

On the subject of gaymes, dragon ball fighter z looks fun I guess. The new blazblue crossover WOULD be super hype if not for the fact I heard 50% of the cast will be paid DLC. Sounds like they're trying to implement ultra greed distortion finishes on their playerbase. BB has always had this problem with paid costume dlc and paid character dlc, but never this blatant.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 pm

I just like that Haki actually lets you punch cheap assholes whose body is made out of fire or laser beams.

And BlazBlue had costume DLC in the past? It being a sprite fighter, I assume the latter games let you buy Noel's old sprite?

Speaking of fighters, I recently got myself Chaos Code. An animu fighter that's slightly more traditional than other animu fighters. Has a bit customization going on because every character has four extra moves (2 specials and 2 supers), but you can only "equip" two of them.
Characters are all over the fucking place. The strangest are probably the mangaka dude who fights with the power of crossplay, the Carl Clover clone whose tag buddy is just his actual (normal) sister, and the magical girl who just summons Cthulhu stuff.

(Skip to 1:16 for batshit)

Also what is up with these futuristic animu fighters always having the premise of "Our discovery of infinite energy let us invent MAGIC!"? I swear they all do that.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 pm

BTW Kaku is a fucking great character in one piss. His giraffe shit is hilarious and he was fun before that. I love how blatant one piece is about characters naming their attacks in the moment. Attack names change all the time, or a generic attack gets some shitty complicated name. Most of Kaku's names are puns involving giraffes.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/one ... 0303220034

https://media.giphy.com/media/FuUTZYbeUlu6Y/giphy.gif
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Kaku is up there with Mr. 2 in my book. You just can't help but like him. I'd buy a Juan Peace spin-off in a heartbeat if he was one of the main characters.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Continuing ken's rage. Juda's level is done and I tried out Shin in the dream mode. He's alright if you like doing air attacks.

I beat phantasy star portable a day or two ago. It was a decent time. It lacks the complexity and good feel of your monster hunter games. The basic gameplay feels too much like dps racing or slapping your numbers against enemy mob numbers.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:38 am

Do NOT buy Spear of Destiny the Kaiseki or Sword of Fortress the Onumuzim, i just found about them and the first one is awful and steal art assets while the second is so far the worst video game this year so far
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:33 am

Good to hear that Sony has graduated from the Valve School of Quality Control (tm).
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:48 pm
GodsGift wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:21 pm
Can you people explain to me why people like Skyrim so much? When I played it before it was meh now trying to replay it and I can barely get myself to go through this crap again it's bland with barely anything to do.
I have no fucking idea.
Me neither. I jumped right to the Dark Brotherhood storyline and quit when I finished it. Exploration isn't rewarding because nothing is rewarding. Nothing is dangerous. Nobody is interesting or interacting with one in any way notable.
And even that would be fine if the game mechanics themselves were fun. They aren't. Combat is crappy, magic is crappy and boring, leveling is pointless, enemies are dumb as rocks.

Skyrim is boring as shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm

The appeal of Skyrim is that it's so accessible - your demented grandmother could play it, it's so easy to start playing it. And it has a lot of content. I'm not going to talk about the quality of the content, because to a lot of people, it apparently doesn't matter. I don't think most of the people play Skyrim to have any kind of experience at all, honestly, they just play it because it's comfortable way to kill time.

Look at Angry Joke, he pissed his pants with pleasure over Skyrim. He is the definition of a casual gamer and he loved it, because he didn't have to put any effort into playing, it just kept going, there was stuff interesting enough to occupy his reptile brain, and it was a lot of it. 10/10 game of the year!

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.