What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 am

Currently doing a co-op (online co-op not couch) playthrough of divinity original sin 2, its pretty fun but it has all the same problems most Larian games have.
- no hints in game on some parts, most puzzles or quest require google or really lucky guesses
- stray of the intended path and you'll soon get smacked by something 2 or 3 levels higher
- disappointed the party size is still 4, was hoping for 6
- conversations still have multiple useless branches while all giving the same result

Mostly play it for the fun battles though and they are usually challenging and fun allthough they really overdid the elemental floors stuff, havent had a single battle yet where the ground wasnt filled with fire/poison or some other shit that might fighting tactically impossible. Sure you can come up with some tactics on how to handle the battle but then half the planned stuff will be cancelled by you not being able to cross fires etc. Basically fights boil down to "lets see which character I can actually hit or cast something on without walking trough fire" instead of having full freedom on the battlefield.

then I got Shadow of War for when the guy im playing DOS2 with isnt online. I hate myself for supporting WB with their microtransaction stuff (at least I went g2a) but its not that bad, I never feel the need I need to buy something, I even have an unopened chest just waiting in my inventory.

People act like you are forced to buy them which I dont understand at all. Just like the previous game even on Nemesis difficulty the game is pretty easy.

All in all the game is a bit harder and thus a bit more fun, havent gotten to the having an orc army part yet but it looks like that will be cool. On the negative side there is of course MT's, reused assets and DLC bullshit so Id only suggest this game when it becomes 50% off during the winter sale or so.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Demon's Souls is harder than I remember, but then I always did have trouble in 2-2. It's a very long level. Flamelurker isn't so much a problem. All of my deaths so far have been falling and sliding off a platform to fall further to my death. Or some janky bullshit like that.

Also I gotta say, playing Demon's Souls really hammers home how the gank fights have been a staple of souls combat since forever. Dark Souls 2 isn't really special there. What DS2 did do that makes ganks seem a lot shittier is implement a poorly-explained ADP mechanic (players won't know why their rolls didn't work) and add more mobs with attacks that track or delay to catch early rolls. I've been playing the Ivory King DLC in DS2 and really noticing the icebros with spears are motherFUCKERS when it comes to the combination of speed, damage and tracking. Of course, most fights with them are gank fights.

Oh and fuck Avaa, I can see I'm going to need to equip the ring of binding and just spend an hour gitting gud to beat her.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:12 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:27 pm
Demon's Souls is harder than I remember, but then I always did have trouble in 2-2. It's a very long level. Flamelurker isn't so much a problem. All of my deaths so far have been falling and sliding off a platform to fall further to my death. Or some janky bullshit like that.

Also I gotta say, playing Demon's Souls really hammers home how the gank fights have been a staple of souls combat since forever. Dark Souls 2 isn't really special there. What DS2 did do that makes ganks seem a lot shittier is implement a poorly-explained ADP mechanic (players won't know why their rolls didn't work) and add more mobs with attacks that track or delay to catch early rolls. I've been playing the Ivory King DLC in DS2 and really noticing the icebros with spears are motherFUCKERS when it comes to the combination of speed, damage and tracking. Of course, most fights with them are gank fights.

Oh and fuck Avaa, I can see I'm going to need to equip the ring of binding and just spend an hour gitting gud to beat her.
You get an item later on that lets you see Avaa, dont bother until then.

And be careful with mimics, there are a few on that DLC.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Expansion for Grim Dawn is finally out, going to test it out with friends soon - so far it's looking pretty damn good.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Avaa is visible for me, she's just a cunt with her delayed paw swipes.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:56 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 pm
Avaa is visible for me, she's just a cunt with her delayed paw swipes.
Ah ok, didnt have much trouble with her to be honest.

Now, if only you had to fight 2 Avaas at the same time, in a smaller arena, after a 30 mins walk to them and after being swarmed by mobs... now thats a different story. (SONS OF A FUCKING WHORE I HATE IT!!)

Kama

Post by Kama » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 am

I dropped off from the face of the earth, and emerged having been victorious in getting through the last Nioh DLC. The entire DLC is excellent.. The best of the three imo, and the fact you can fight Jin Hayabusa also makes it even better.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 pm
Expansion for Grim Dawn is finally out, going to test it out with friends soon - so far it's looking pretty damn good.
Gotta check this out soon. This'll be fun.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:38 am

This looks pretty interesting and comes out in a few days. If the combat isn't dogshit I probably get it.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:29 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:38 am
This looks pretty interesting and comes out in a few days. If the combat isn't dogshit I probably get it.

That does look interesting
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes