What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 am

Even if it wasn't for the lootboxes, Battlefront 2 is just a shallow, pathetic copy of Battlefield. The loot boxes are their alternative to the despised premium model (which in Battlefield always means that premium maps that are most of the time are very good get abandoned in a long run), which wasn't bad in theory, if you look at Rainbow Six, their lootboxes are purely cosmetic and all right I suppose, similar with Overwatch, a lot of people find them acceptable, or at the very least, the concept of making money from selling skins instead of selling new maps and weapons.

I personally find any lootboxes that are for purchase a piece of shit, if I want a skin, just give me an option to buy it for a reasonable price, don't make me gamble for it. If I spend 100 hours playing a game, I'm fine with dropping 20 dollars for couple of nice skins. Sadly, that is just not enough for greedy whores that are EA and Disney, and combined with shitty Star Wars licence, I've heard from DICE developers that they are significantly limited in terms of varienty of skins, when it comes to what is allowed from Disney and what's not. Apparently they are very stricts, so that's the reason you get super mundaine emotes and other stuff to unlock (no gangnam style dance from Emperor), or the very basic and iconic characters as well. Because there is for example only one Darth Vader allowed, no modifications to his iconic look.

It's below average game that caters to casual, idiotic Star Wars fans. Pew pew.

// Resident Evil 5 was pure shit, but funnily enough, very entertaining in coop. I remember liking progression system, finding controls and gameplay tolerable, the inventory unacceptable and worthy nailing someone's balls to a wall. The story was a joke, fuck Neo Wesker and his shades. Top kek: Chris the muscle man punching a fucking 1 ton boulder with his over 9000 power of steroids abuse. And all ridiculousness aside, the problem wasn't just that the game wasn't scary, it felt lifeless.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:27 am

RE4 arguably wasn't that scary either, but people loved it. RE5's numerous problems went so much deeper than not being scary, but I remember a lot of the commentary at the time using "not scary" as a point against RE5, as if it wasn't the case the game fucking sucked in so many other ways.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

The fact that Dead Space, a game with better inventory, gameplay, setting and everything was out at the same time didnt help RE5. Capcom couldnt give that shitty excuse of "its scarier if you cant move" excuse anymore, since you could move and shoot in DS, they where fucked with the inventory, since DS did it better too, and so on.

They where fucked from the very beginning.

I guess only thing RE5 had that DS didnt was the Coop, but as a single player game it was vastly inferior.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:15 pm

RE4 at the very least had some ominous moments and scary settings, like the village from beginning. Nothing about RE5 was scary from the very beginning to the end, and the insane moments (boulder, Wesker's glasses) only multiplied the empty feeling.

Completely killing off the mood, which was one of the strong points of the series (which, let's be honest, was almost always goofy and silly to some extent, even with the most beloved games in the series) is why people were so vocal about it. With RE4, it was still about horror, although it got fucking silly and that's why I hate the game, because it's a messy result of throwing everything at a wall and seeing what sticks (there were many prototypes of RE4 with very different settings or gameplay), but RE5 replaced the B horror feeling with C bollywood levels of action flick.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:04 pm

You can fault RE4 on its storytelling, but I think it's really hard to say anything bad about its gameplay. Or visuals. Both were top-notch especially compared to its competition in the day.

Voice acting has always been laughable in RE games and the plots are typically overly-japanese, with a lot of steepled hands and "everything going according to keikaku." But shit like Birkin turning into a monster or nemesis killing everyone wasn't ever comedic. Classic RE was funny because the voice acting was so bad and the lines were terrible, but it wasn't like the game had clown shoes on and tried to be a joke. The tone was pretty dark, just with the added camp of a shitty japanese-to-english translation and terribad voice work. That and zambos are always more campy than scary, but I dare you to play the opening of RE2 and not find it tense and exciting.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Auli

Post by Auli » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:35 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:43 pm
When you're young, you just tend to goof off in your favorite game. Me and my brothers did that all the time with Secret of Mana.
Auli wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 pm
Kinda wanna play the Golden Sun games on the GBA again :/

They were so neat.
Let me tell you about the wonders of emulation...
I've emulated looooaaaads of SNES and GBA games xD

The Golden Sun games were so awesome that I actually bought the game on ebay.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:04 pm
I dare you to play the opening of RE2 and not find it tense and exciting.
Which is why it's regarded by most as the best Resident Evil game, or certainly the best old school one. It has plenty of it's goofy moments, like you've said coming mostly from the dialogue and "acting", but the settings, ideas and whole execution is solid, even today (dated graphics aside, they still have their charm). Some people might not like the tank controls, which are admittedly difficult to adapt to, but I don't mind.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey guiz remember bideo dojima and the movie failed hollywood blockbuster barely updated console version of Peace Walker Game of the Decade known as MGSV?

I never did play it. It's so cheap now, I might. :lol: It still looks pretty shitty tbh, even after all the hype has faded. I was ok with the grind in Peace Walker because that format worked well on PSP. You could play bite-sized missions and turn the system off and on whenever you wanted. It would save your place. But I think Fulton was ultimately a shitty change for the series. I like the idea of playing as characters other than Snake and choosing a loadout/outfit, but I don't like the idea of grinding out the ass for it, like having to do 38 s-ranks to unlock a raiden skin.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/houDtgBNPCA[/youtube]

I guess you guiz you have played the game can talk about it and if you agree with Gaming Bitch over here.
RAPEMAN wrote:

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Any titans quests fans? There has been a new dlc released after 10 years or so lol. No idea if its worth it just spreading the word. I for one wont pay 15 bucks for a dlc on a 10 year old game but whatever.

Just like Im not going to pay a full price WoW sub when they release the classic server, they better add a seperate sub for like 5 euro/dollars a month or Ill skip that too.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:24 pm

TQ fan here. Haven't heard of that DLC until now, and my first thought was "A Norse mythology expansion? But we already had snow stuff in Act 3!". Why not something about Atlantis?
Then again, there is hope for a shitstorm over setting the expansion in the lands of white privilege, instead of setting it in the wonderful lands of Africa beyond Egypt.

(Also I'm pretty sure it's not for the original game, but for the HD Anniversary Edition.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette