What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Don't forget Gabe and gang, who have no issues with troll devs using their discussion forums to create Orwellian dictatorships.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:33 pm

SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:47 pm

I like how the last post in that thread by Butcher is barely comprehensible.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:14 pm

I like how Gaben recently admitted Half-Life 3 was never going to come out and was always dead.

Everyone knew it for years except Valve cucks, of course. They always pretended as if HL3 was some amazing shit that Valve would eventually release, and dangled it around the place.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Gaben NEVER talked about HL3 being worked on. He only ever talked about Episode 3. For HL3 he already said well over two years ago that it's not even worked on and that that wouldn't change in the near future.
Half Life 3 is a social construct.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Didn't he once claimed that HL3 is actually HL2 Episodes 1-3 or something?

If they're too lazy to do anything with the IP, why let someone else do it for them? I mean, there are already fans trying to make their own sequel AFAIK.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:47 pm
I like how the last post in that thread by Butcher is barely comprehensible.
And I love every single word of it. I shall try to write all of my future plot summaries like that.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Valve doesn't even make games at this point. Most of the shit they've made in the last ten years was only "good" because it became a meme. The only exception I can think of is maybe the two left 4 dead games. Maybe.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:25 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:58 pm
Valve doesn't even make games at this point. Most of the shit they've made in the last ten years was only "good" because it became a meme. The only exception I can think of is maybe the two left 4 dead games. Maybe.
Which weren't made by Valve. Seriously, Half Life 2 is the last game Valve ever made. They have been a publisher and online retailer exclusively since then. I have no idea how people still think that there are coders and level designers and such at Valve.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:51 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:17 pm
If they're too lazy to do anything with the IP, why let someone else do it for them? I mean, there are already fans trying to make their own sequel AFAIK.
Apparently it's complicated. There have been several other "episodes" in making, some by pretty well known studios, but everything was scrapped. Who knows, maybe Gaben and co. are just acting like George Lucas and nobody can meet their insanely high demands (which are likely entirely unreasonable), and since Vulva (I like that name better than Valve) doesn't make games anymore, nobody will do anything with Half-life IP ever again.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:38 am

I think it's just ego. They have plenty of money and no reason to let some other studio handle their Half-Life IP. Fact is, they released two, arguably 3 legit fun games on that IP and have yet to release a shitty one on it (the episodes aren't great but they were "good enough" for hl2 fags). If they let some other company handle their Half-Life games, the odds are pretty strong that some shitty games will get made and the brand will be diluted.

That doesn't excuse their own laziness, but it's pretty obvious why they wouldn't outsource half-life games. They have a hardcore group of dickriders almost entirely because of half-life nostalgia.

Think about other valve games:

Portal 1 and 2 a meme
Team Fortress 2 a shit
Left 4 Dead and L4D2 are, as I said, arguably their only good recent games
What else is there? Counter Strike? Do I need to shitpost csgo skins and gambling and other moneyhungry shit?

Also I just have to shit on valve's idea of episodic gaming. They made a shittier version of half life 2, released over an extremely long period of time, for more money than was reasonable.
RAPEMAN wrote: