What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:13 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:16 am
Fair enough, Eternal Darkness has been sitting unopened on my shelf for about nine months now.
I would love to play it one day, if it wasn't only on gamecube.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Maybe the sequel would've actually gotten some funding if the first game got on Steam before?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:13 am
Pope Corky III wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:16 am
Fair enough, Eternal Darkness has been sitting unopened on my shelf for about nine months now.
I would love to play it one day, if it wasn't only on gamecube.
Dolphin is one of the best-running emulators there is. Might be worth a shot. If your rig runs Dindufield 1 it shouldn't have a problem running Dolphin at a good resolution. Soul Calibur 2 runs smooth as hell and looks absolutely crisp.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:31 am

All right, I've heard good things about Dolphin, it might be time to play something nostalgic, even though it's gonna be for the first time. Don't forget that like you, I'm running 1080, unless Dolphin is mostly CPU intensive, and in that case, my trusty 5820k has me covered.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:31 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:31 am
All right, I've heard good things about Dolphin, it might be time to play something nostalgic, even though it's gonna be for the first time. Don't forget that like you, I'm running 1080, unless Dolphin is mostly CPU intensive, and in that case, my trusty 5820k has me covered.
Dolphin is a great emulator, you should run shit just fine. I played a bit of Eternal Darkness on it and it runs fine. It's not like PCSX2 where you have to fuck around to get shit to work right, especially Gamecube games.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Playstation 2 emulation is crap. No matter what you do, you'll either have a stuttering screen or somewhat blurry visuals.
Dolphin runs GC games in exactly the resolution you want. A 1080 can render games in 4k without even breaking a sweat.
Soul Calibur 2, rendered 4k, displayed in 1080p looks amazing and has rock solid 60fps all the time. Even netplay is possible and rather good.
Dolphin has been developed to be able to play Melee online. The netcode is incredible. It's better than 99% of all professional netcodes.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:08 pm

I just check Dolphin out again. THe last PC I used in on wasn't quite as high-end.

Also apparently Bayonetta is now on Steam. Hope it's got a better port than DMC3.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:18 pm

That version is apparently really good. I might give it a try eventually, 20 euros is a decent price, but I already have plenty of games I haven't finished.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Bayonetta was a good game. Probably in the same ballpark as DMC 3 SE. I played the shit out of it years ago and unlocked everything or almost everything. Bayo and DMC 3 were the only games I bothered to play on the highest difficulties.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:08 pm

DMC 3 SE was the shit. Can't wait for the girly version.
-Yours Truly