What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 am

AC3 Probably has the worst opening section of any modern video game. But I knew it would. I'd seen the game's story already. Hatham Kenway is a great character, with fantastic voice talent and solid writing. But he's sadly not the main character even though he should be.

https://youtu.be/3Cs3eUzsMu4?t=247

Nay, instead the hero of asscreed 3 is his bastard son with an indian name so retarded literally nobody can pronounce it, so they call him "Connor Kenway" instead. Which isn't his real name lel.

Connor is a lot like Anakin from the prequel movies. He bitches and whines while more mature people either tell him what to do or try to slap some sense into him.

The opening section is about 3-4 solid hours of purely linear missions, where you have access to essentially 0% of the full game and side missions. You're locked into tutorial after tutorial for shit most players won't bother with. AC3 assumes you're legit retarded and will give you the same hint 50 times to make sure you know. Guns as asscreed weapons are obviously in their infancy compared to AC4, because they control like shit.

That said, I've seen how much the game opens up after you work through the super shitty opening section. I powered through most of the bullshit today, so next session with the game, I'll be playing largely good content rather than shit tutorials. And AC3 has weapon variety that asscreed 4 black fag doesn't have. Apparently Ubicucked even reproduced a lot of Connor's mocap animations with the tomahawk onto Edward Kenway's sword style, which doesn't make sense lol. Ubisoft truly are the laziest devs ever. Connor has instant kill animations for using wrist blades during parts of the game where you don't have fucking wrist blades! :D You can stab a guy with a blade that doesn't exist yet!

Hatham should have been the main character because templars > AssAssins anyway. Both groups are retards but at least standing for "order and stability" means something. Standing for "freedom" is nebulous as fuck and makes you come across like a Stefan Molyneux ancap who doesn't know how the world is.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:41 pm

This "order vs freedom" thing sounds like Baby's First Shin Megami Tensei. At least they're borrowing from a good source, even if the implementation is questionable.

And the AC3 protagonist has a weird name? Man, who was that guy aga...

"Ratonhnhaké:ton"

Man, if that ain't the most Gary Stu name I've read in a while.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:13 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 am
AC3 Probably has the worst opening section of any modern video game. But I knew it would. I'd seen the game's story already. Hatham Kenway is a great character, with fantastic voice talent and solid writing. But he's sadly not the main character even though he should be.
Yeah, I don't think any sane person would defend that "twist", it is a shame really. I still like the game a lot, but the story suffers, or more precisely, goes full retard with the new dull protagonist and his negro mentor - I've enjoyed betraying him in Rogue though. One of the (many) reasons people like AC2 so much is because Ezio is just a well made protagonist.

As for the "templars vs potheads struggle" through the whole series, it's best to not even question anything, because when you start, you'll just get frustrated. The power struggle is empty chase that has no closure and the "lore" they've created through the whole series is incredibly weak. There is a lot of it, but most of it is not interesting.

It's rather fascinating how many weaknesses these games have, yet I still find them so appealing, mainly because I like to have games that I can play relaxingly, enjoying the enviroments etc. Every single main Ass Creed game I've played, I have enjoyed to some extent, even the most criticized ones.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:45 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:13 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 am
Yeah, I don't think any sane person would defend that "twist", it is a shame really. I still like the game a lot, but the story suffers, or more precisely, goes full retard with the new dull protagonist and his negro mentor - I've enjoyed betraying him in Rogue though. One of the (many) reasons people like AC2 so much is because Ezio is just a well made protagonist.

As for the "templars vs potheads struggle" through the whole series, it's best to not even question anything, because when you start, you'll just get frustrated. The power struggle is empty chase that has no closure and the "lore" they've created through the whole series is incredibly weak. There is a lot of it, but most of it is not interesting.

It's rather fascinating how many weaknesses these games have, yet I still find them so appealing, mainly because I like to have games that I can play relaxingly, enjoying the enviroments etc. Every single main Ass Creed game I've played, I have enjoyed to some extent, even the most criticized ones.
Templars vs Assassins is like Parents vs Pothead Kids. Templars want their kiddies to grow up well, get jobs, pay taxes and be productive. Potheads just wanna smoke and do whatever they feel. :lol:

I might like asscreed 3 more than Black Flag. The shanties were the best part of Black Flag, and I can play those on my laptop while I'm doing shit in asscreed 3. Boston wasn't an amazing town, but it was pretty fun and I liberated the entire city before I knew what I was doing. The combat in asscreed 3 is the same as 4, except holy shit! You're no longer limited to 2 swords for the entire fucking game! I can have a proper knife, tomahawk, sabre, boarding axe, rapier etc. And there are a few different animation sets for different weapons. It's pretty cool to kill guys with a wooden war club. Missions are largely the same as black flag. The detection system is a little shittier, but not too bad.

As long as Rogue doesn't suck super hard, I'll probably end up liking it the most, since the story seems to be worth a damn for once and it has better shanties than black flag.

Adult Connor isn't TOO terrible in AC3, but he's still retarded. I stand by the first 3 or so hours of AC3 being some of the worst in any game. It improves a lot after you unlock Adult Connor, however. That's when all the hunting contracts, assassinations, templar forts, liberation missions etc open up.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:12 pm

The setting of AC2 was also the best. But that's because I'm a sucker for old Rome. It's a shame that basically no game ever managed to take place during the Roman Empire and not suck shit. If they do it's mostly stuff where the setting is nothing but wallpaper.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:36 pm

The controls for Resident Evil 5 are just retarded. You can't move while you aim! How does that work? It's not even scary. Basically you and your partner walk into a big wide-open market, then get swarmed by dozens of fast zombies, causing you and partner to run run run until finally some dude with a helicopter shows up and bails you out.

Resident Evil, people! Ooh, the suspense. I'd call it an action game but there are so many Usain Bolt zombies that you don't have time to even pull your gun let alone fight.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:46 pm

RE itself is ill-suited for such mass battles. What we need is an Umbrella Warriors game.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:36 pm
The controls for Resident Evil 5 are just retarded. You can't move while you aim! How does that work? It's not even scary. Basically you and your partner walk into a big wide-open market, then get swarmed by dozens of fast zombies, causing you and partner to run run run until finally some dude with a helicopter shows up and bails you out.

Resident Evil, people! Ooh, the suspense. I'd call it an action game but there are so many Usain Bolt zombies that you don't have time to even pull your gun let alone fight.
I hated RE5. I hear that it's a good co-op game, but single player is a chore due to Sheva's AI being fucking retarded. At least RE6 had the good sense to make your partner immortal. Still sucked though.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Guest wrote:

I agree. RE5's controls are a shitty compromise between real third person shooter controls and RE4 style tank controls. Every RE5 control configuration feels wrong to me.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:39 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:36 pm
Guest wrote:

I hated RE5. I hear that it's a good co-op game, but single player is a chore due to Sheva's AI being fucking retarded. At least RE6 had the good sense to make your partner immortal. Still sucked though.
On 'cover', she just stands back and uses a pistol while you get swarmed, while on 'attack' she runs like a mile ahead of you blasting away with machine guns/etc. and constantly gets swarmed. I loaded her down with grenades and she never uses them. I'm not even sure why she's in it. Like most NPC's, she makes it harder to play the game because I have to constantly look out for her.