What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:00 pm

That filthyrobot guy knows a lot about darkest dungeon, but he has many mistaken ideas and opinions I don't agree with, such as not thinking mark parties are good (they're actually OP as fuck, feature some of the strongest single classes in the game, run well on all maps and deal shitloads of damage) and he also devalues certain classes that I think are better than he gives them credit for.

For example, everyone calls the Leper useless, but you can just equip accuracy + trinkets on him and he's a beast. He has very high health, can manage his own stress AND health perfectly fine, tanks damage like a mofo, resists all ailments and deals significant damage, especially on crit. You're not taking the Leper as anything other than a pure tank and he's perfect for that.

Is he better than the Man at Arms? No. The man at arms is THE BEST tank in the entire game. But he's certainly usable in champion level dungeons and I have a champion Leper I use when I'm not using my man at arms and/or my Crusader isn't the right option.

The Abomination is another slept-on class, but he's my favorite for many reasons. He works well in slot 2 for all dungeons and he dominates in blight teams at the ruins and cove. He can run in mark parties thanks to synergy with the occultist and one of his transformed skills does mark damage IIRC. He can manage his own stress and even take party stress onto himself to then effortlessly heal in combat. The only significant downside is not having a Vestal, but some party configurations don't even run with any healer, so it's up to you.

I could say the same for the majority of the classes filthy shits on btw. There are ways of optimizing these classes at least in normal play (not crazy challenge runs) which make them more than usable in the base game. I can't speak to crimson court because I don't have it and the REASON I don't have it is I don't like the way it changes the vanilla game balance. Bleeds were already strong enough and blight was already situational, and then they introduced a bunch of blight-resist enemies on every map. I will buy the shieldbreaker DLC eventually.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:15 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:49 am
The same heavy no matter how deep into the combo? Man, this is shallower than Dynasty Warriors.
Always the same. It's an ender move. It wasn't like that in DS where you'd get different ones or even start a string with them.
I find it incredible that nobody ever mentions that. It pissed me off to no end.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 am

I like how this guy is playing & learning Mordheim right now and got outright destroyed in his first mission :lol:

Too bad Youtube is such a shithole, this channel is alive for 3 years and it took 3 fucking years until I randomly stumbled upon it.

I'm far away from ever touching the Crimson Court DLC. I have yet to even reach higher level dungeons. For the most part I was only dicking around in apprentice dungeons and testing out various things. I probably won't ever buy that DLC piece anyway because the base game has plenty of content and it already is very repetitive. In general I'm not a huge fan of DLC. I don't feel like buying DLC is ever worth it right now.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:58 pm

1% of all DLC actually adds something new or refreshes the game in a way. Or just have a very good amount of already great content.

The other 99%...... pure hustling of gamers and the death of gaming. Even if some add a new element it usually was something they cut out of the main game in the first place.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:39 am
Too bad Youtube is such a shithole, this channel is alive for 3 years and it took 3 fucking years until I randomly stumbled upon it.
That might have something to do with him not being very interesting or charismatic, and plaguing his channel with many let's plays similar to DPS, when in reality they aren't even let's plays, but parts of his boring stream. You don't have to be yelling all the time and acting like an asshole to attract kids (it's not working for DSP) to be popular, but you have to have something. After watching him for 5 minutes, I wanted to go to sleep. Maybe he can do scripted videos, but when it comes to just playing games and commentating, that wasn't entertaining at all.

He seems to be pretty dedicated with organizing his twitch archive, but he overdoes it. Seeing how he cuts every day into 30 minute sessions is bullshit, because that way he just ensudes nobody will be able to find anything comfortably in thousands of those videos.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:53 pm

I have to say, I updated to the newest free balance tweaks on Darkest Dungeon and the stealth mechanic sucks ass. Enemies are SUPPOSED to de-stealth after the first attack, but I'd say the majority of them get 2-4 free turns. Stealthed enemies can attack you but cannot be attacked, which just means you take damage with no way to avoid it.

I'm sure there are attacks in the base game that de-stealth enemies, but I was under the impression only some enemies were supposed to be stealthed. Thus far, almost every encounter now has a stealthed enemy, aka one who can't be targeted for 2-4 turns. During which time they can attack you just fine. I think not breaking stealth while attacking is a glitch though.

Oh and it's fucking stupid your guys can't benefit from the stealth mechanic in return.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:42 pm

"People say our game is too hard and unfair?! Let's show them how that would actually look like!"

Pretty much everything I've heard about this game post-Crimson-Court has been bad news.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:34 pm
That might have something to do with him not being very interesting or charismatic, and plaguing his channel with many let's plays similar to DPS, when in reality they aren't even let's plays, but parts of his boring stream. You don't have to be yelling all the time and acting like an asshole to attract kids (it's not working for DSP) to be popular, but you have to have something. After watching him for 5 minutes, I wanted to go to sleep. Maybe he can do scripted videos, but when it comes to just playing games and commentating, that wasn't entertaining at all.

He seems to be pretty dedicated with organizing his twitch archive, but he overdoes it. Seeing how he cuts every day into 30 minute sessions is bullshit, because that way he just ensudes nobody will be able to find anything comfortably in thousands of those videos.
I used to watch UltraJMan, I don't care about quality. And yes you are correct I watch these kind of things before I go to sleep. My laptop is in front of my bed when I watch stuff. It's not about entertainment, it's just some dude playing a video game.

That's the problem with Youtube. People think they put out high quality content when in reality everyone is just doing the same thing and playing a video game. The difference is that people back then where down to earth and when Youtube blew up they got autistic about it. Granted back then there were also autistic content creators but they were usually not the norm.

Some dude sitting in a corner on his bed rambling for half n hour about how he refused to continue some shitty rpgmaker game because it's shit and creating tons of videos on how to make a good rpgmaker game when he never actually made one himself. He is kinda the German version of Total Biscuit but can draw and doesn't do Youtube as his job. He usually takes a huge piss over his underage fantards and they will be happy to hear it. Or analyzing some shitty rpgmaker game made by a 16 year old like it's some kind of cardinal sin that the game is shit. Too bad you guys don't understand kraut.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:53 am

Channel name? I think Sick Fuck has a rudimentary understanding of German as preperation to get reinstituted into the Reich.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:08 am

Oh yes, I've started taking gas showers as a part of preparation as well!

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.