What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm

The witcher books aren't even as edgy as the games. Most of the blood of elves story was Geralt and Yennifer raising a little girl.

If anything, what gives the Witcher games more sex and edgy content is Geralt dying, coming back to life without his memory and being single/ready to mingle. Mingle as in his dick will mingle with every vagina in the land. Just remember to cast Quen first because protection is important.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:14 pm
So speaking from ignorance then while claiming that I am. How can you adore a game you haven't even played? This is the kind of blind dicksucking for Fallout I'm talking about. Talk bad about the first two games, which were mediocre at the very best, and even people who didn't even play them will come along and tell you how they were supposed masterpieces.
Most overrated series ever. Just like I said. People not valueing the first two games enough is the most hilariously wrong thing I've ever heard.
Kindy calm down there, Löffel. I've never said those games were masterpieces, I saw few hours mainly outside of combat. I've liked the ideas, the writing, the characters and world building. Everything felt appealing, but the reason why I haven't played those games is because I am afraid that they've aged badly and perhaps I would end up hating the combat, so I haven't really bothered.

Now that you've provided some background, it's what I've assumed, you hate the games on mechanical level more or less, which is fine, since that's what's keeping me from really trying them out. I believe you that the gameplay possibly sucks balls and really hurts the experience.

Someone (not Bethesda) would have to come and make a complete re-creation with some of the core ideas, but the gameplay could be completely different. If anything, I don't necessarily hate gameplay of Fallout 4, just almost everything else about the game.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Charlar wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:49 pm
Playing Crusader Kings as the Empire of Poland right now. I'm playing the Romulan story in Star Trek Online while avoiding other players
I remember that to be pretty easy, which is pretty ironic for an MMORPG.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:50 pm
@VoiceOfReasonPast Titan Quest left a sour taste in my mouth. The game is good, but I made a mistake picking close range fighter, when so many enemies like to run away from you, and especially since the controls aren't the best, it made for much more annoying experience - it certainly hasn't aged well. Grim Dawn is much better, improves the formula in pretty much every way.
People running away has oddly been not too much of a problem. Those who do usually don't have a lot of health, which makes them an easy target for the bow I use to aggro and soften people up. As a Warden I also have two charge moves, one of which stuns and essentially means instant death for a spellcaster.
My problem is that non-boss enemies are a bit weird. There only seems to be a small gap between "These guys can barely scratch me!" and "Where did my health go?!". I guess the former just makes me too careless as that's the standard situation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:12 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm

My problem is that non-boss enemies are a bit weird. There only seems to be a small gap between "These guys can barely scratch me!" and "Where did my health go?!". I guess the former just makes me too careless as that's the standard situation.
Same thing happens in grim dawn, its a design flaw.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:41 pm

I think that's because your armor doesn't actually do anything against elemental damage; only resistances do. You don't even have to run into someone who throws pure elemental damage around to feel the hurt. It's enough to have some command enemy elementally buffing cannon fodder to wreck your shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:29 pm
Everything felt appealing, but the reason why I haven't played those games is because I am afraid that they've aged badly and perhaps I would end up hating the combat, so I haven't really bothered.
It plays like hot garbage. The whole lore and world sounds much more appealing than it is in the game. The enemy selection is: animal, animal but larger, raiders aka some dudes, BoS aka some dudes in fuckoff armor, super mutants aka bigger dudes. You're really better off just reading a wiki about the game.
People like the idea of Fallout but the actual game is one of the most bland and clunky turn-based RPG I've played with the most boring combat.
Pools of Radience fucks Fallout five days to Sunday.

I know that there are a lot of faggot into lore. But lore isn't something that manages to keep me interested if the gameplay is crap. That's also why I don't like the Infinity engine games. Those are walking simulators before walking simulators even were a thing. If I wanted to read a book I'd do that instead of "playing" Planescape: Torment.
There's a good reason why Troika went under. It's because their shit was boring as hell if one actually wants to play a game.

I'd likely hate later Ultima games as well. From what I see there's no combat to speak of.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Fair enough, those are decent reasons. I've liked the design of the enemies for example, but again, those are ideas that affect the visuals, not something that changes how you fight in game. Also a lot of those more interesting ones are supposedly later in the game, so you might've just encountered some basic enemies. This was interesting to me given how little has Bethesda contributed to the world of Fallout, and mostly just recycled enemies from those first two games.

@VoiceOfReasonPast Even with charge moves etc., it was annoying, there was just too much of it, and enemies were more than happy to waste my time. I don't remember Diablo 2 doing that - sure, there were some enemies that would run away and plenty that would attack you from distance, but I sure don't remember about half of them actively running away from you all the fucking time.

And I don't remember that much of a difference between how hard enemies hit, neither in TQ, neither in Grim Dawn. Either they hit hard, because you're playing on high difficulty, or you're mostly fine.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:09 pm

The little Imps in D2 loved to run away. Especially when one killed a Shaman.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:25 pm

True, but they weren't that common (even in act 1), they wandered around more than running away all the time, and most importantly they didn't have ranged attack. Compared to Titan Quest, they were absolutely fine.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 am

Since I only ever play Necromancer in D2 I don't care either way. My skellingtons will hunt everything down.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!