What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Charlar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:36 pm
There was a fun bit in Outcast where some Dark Jedi asshole dropped me from 100% health and shields to basically single digits with a single overhead slash straight through the torso. Dayum.
Charlar wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 pm
The Old EU writers are to blame, they decided that Luke went retarded and decided "Oh the Dark Side isn'tactually bad it's how you use it that makes it evil" that and allowing relationships ended back firing when a hac writer made one of his nephews into a Sith Lord and other hack writer made him that cause another civil war
I wonder if he made PR holovids for the Good Dark Side.

"Your hyperdrive's not working again? Zap it with Lightning!"
"Your kids are a bit too hyperactive? Suck out a bit of their life force!"
"You're waifu is into some kinky shit? Time to bust out the Force Grip!"
No but something absolutely worse
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 pm

The road to Jar-Jar is paved with good intentions...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Another day, another lament for the lack of good beat em ups.

JoJo is practically begging for a decent one. We have that eyes of heaven shit but it looks terrible.

I'm still enjoying ken's rage, I just always wish for more of these. Shounen is a massive genre in niplandia, but meanwhile beat em ups are almost dead.

What are most shounen about? Punching dudes. What are all beat em ups about? Punching dudes.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 pm

But contemporary shounen love wasting time by having the combatants explain their special snowflake powers to each other and indulge in one-sided curbstomp battles where the bloke getting curbstomped switches with each asspull, until one guy runs out of asspulls and just explodes (except he probably survived). Some fights don't even involve punches at all.

I mean, this is basically 85% of all Bleach fights:
"You cannot escape my SUPER attack!"
"Fool! Nothing gets past my MEGA shield!
"Ah-ha! I just so happen to know a secret ULTRA technique that can break MEGA shields!"
"Hahaha! Breaking my shield is exactly what I wanted! Now I have becom a GOD!"
"Turns out my sword can kill gods."
"Really?"
"Really."
"Fuck."
Sounds more like some weird kind of turn-based RPG.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

GodsGift

Post by GodsGift » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Can you people explain to me why people like Skyrim so much? When I played it before it was meh now trying to replay it and I can barely get myself to go through this crap again it's bland with barely anything to do.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Being an Elder Scrolls game + having an epic theme.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:48 pm

GodsGift wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:21 pm
Can you people explain to me why people like Skyrim so much? When I played it before it was meh now trying to replay it and I can barely get myself to go through this crap again it's bland with barely anything to do.
I have no fucking idea.

I used to play that game to unwind after my day. It was relaxing because the game is entirely brainless. I would put on some shitty youtube vlogs or music and listen to that while following my map pointer. That's all the game was.

It's a fucking terrible game, more for being so goddamn bland. I assume normies like it because it is/was popular and normies like things that are popular because they know about them. It is a video game you can play, run around and do stuff in, and it has a fantasy setting. The graphics aren't too terrible and the music is ok. There, I guess that's why. It meets some bare minimum of a shitty game where normies can enjoy its shittiness without feeling bad.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:52 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 pm
But contemporary shounen love wasting time by having the combatants explain their special snowflake powers to each other and indulge in one-sided curbstomp battles where the bloke getting curbstomped switches with each asspull, until one guy runs out of asspulls and just explodes (except he probably survived). Some fights don't even involve punches at all.

I mean, this is basically 85% of all Bleach fights:
"You cannot escape my SUPER attack!"
"Fool! Nothing gets past my MEGA shield!
"Ah-ha! I just so happen to know a secret ULTRA technique that can break MEGA shields!"
"Hahaha! Breaking my shield is exactly what I wanted! Now I have becom a GOD!"
"Turns out my sword can kill gods."
"Really?"
"Really."
"Fuck."
Sounds more like some weird kind of turn-based RPG.
Boku no Hero Academia is this exact thing too. Stand battles in JoJo brushed up against this problem. One Piece definitely has the same issue for the devil fruit users with snowflake powers. Literally only 1 of every fruit user can exist on the planet at one time, literal snowflake powers.

BTW this is why I like the Eneis Lobby plot so far. Six Powers was a weird idea, but at least it's a skill you can train and not some innate snowflake bullshit.

Damn I miss Hokuto no Ken... I'll get around to watching devilman eventually, but it's distantly related to capeshit and I hate how all the anime now is related to capeshit.

Dammit I just wanna see cool fightan shit happen in a viday gaem. Like that new yakuza dev kenshiro game. 8-)
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:03 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:52 pm
Boku no Hero Academia is this exact thing too. Stand battles in JoJo brushed up against this problem. One Piece definitely has the same issue for the devil fruit users with snowflake powers. Literally only 1 of every fruit user can exist on the planet at one time, literal snowflake powers.

BTW this is why I like the Eneis Lobby plot so far. Six Powers was a weird idea, but at least it's a skill you can train and not some innate snowflake bullshit.
At least the devil fruits gave us one hilarious moment:

(Skip to around 2:20 if you're impatient)

And speaking of Enie's Lobby, I fucking love those CP-9 dudes. They don't need fruits to kick ass, they just ate some to kick more ass.

And while the whole haki stuff introduced (or rather explained) later has some iffy bits, I like how it acts like a nerf to those Logia fruit blokes who where previously just way too good with their quasi-intangibility. And it is another skill anyone can learn (aside from those iffy bits).
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Yooka laylee, it SUCKS