What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:15 pm

Pretty much. Maybe it's because I've never played any of the Marville games, but Skullgirls with tag teams looks like a clusterfuck.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 am

Mahvel always had problems with bullshit spam, colors all over the screen, assist garbage, both players fishing for confirms so they could go into an insta kill combo and almost immediately win with 100% momentum, and ridiculously unbalanced tier lists. You had a roster where dudes like Cable, Dr. Doom and Sentinel were sharing space with pure joke characters like Roll.

Skullgirls supposedly fixes the tier list problems (even though I see nothing but fucking Double and Fukua in every tournament,) but it seems to have all that other trash. 1vs1 is much more enjoyable for me, but it's still not even up to the level of the average animu fighter I've been praising/shitting on here at DHI. I get more fun out of Blazblue, sadly.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kama

Post by Kama » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:06 pm

I just platinumed Nioh a week ago. Pretty happy about that after all the effort and time I put into the game. I'm gonna be playing Dying Light, but maybe I'll try out some of the bonus missions and do some NG+ stuff in Nioh before I shelve it. Great game though.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Just finished Bayonetta. Man, I don't think I've ever played a 3rd person hack and slash where you can die so fast. Dark Souls bosses got nothing on Grace & Glory, aka Furry Agni & Rudra on steroids. Gotta farm some more cash on lower difficulties, then it's up to Hard mode.

My favorite weapon combo was Shuraba with Odette. Add in the perfume for Odette, and it feels like playing as Princess Tutu after she had a particularly bad day.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:49 pm

The katana is pretty fucking OP in Bayo.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kama

Post by Kama » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:27 pm
Just finished Bayonetta. Man, I don't think I've ever played a 3rd person hack and slash where you can die so fast. Dark Souls bosses got nothing on Grace & Glory, aka Furry Agni & Rudra on steroids. Gotta farm some more cash on lower difficulties, then it's up to Hard mode.

My favorite weapon combo was Shuraba with Odette. Add in the perfume for Odette, and it feels like playing as Princess Tutu after she had a particularly bad day.
I'd argue the original DMC Trilogy you can die pretty fast in. At least 1 and 3. Especially on Dante Must Die mode.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:49 pm
The katana is pretty fucking OP in Bayo.
It's like if Rebellion and Muramasa had a Half-Saiyan lovechild. It's awesome.
suzaku wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 am
I'd argue the original DMC Trilogy you can die pretty fast in. At least 1 and 3. Especially on Dante Must Die mode.
Could be faulty memory, but DMC felt a bit more lenient and forgiving on comparable difficulty settings. Or maybe it's just the lack of a Devil Trigger and the game being more stingy about dropping health pickups forcing me to pay more attention to consumable items :lol:
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:42 pm

DMC3 Dante Must Die mode just took forever because enemies had a ridiculous amount of health. I did beat it but remember it mostly being a boring slog because of how much longer some sections took, like the fucking chessboard. Never bothered with Heaven or Hell because it felt like a gimmick mode. By the time you unlocked it, you had access to (IIRC) infinite quicksilver time stop, so you could only die if you were careless or felt like dying. Heaven or Hell mode made the game really shitty and boring by removing all depth from the combat.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 are much more brutal on high difficulties than either Bayo and DMC. Play on hard and enjoy the very first ninjas being red ones that fuck your shit up with relentless attack patterns and splody kunais.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:44 pm

I'll agree with that. Ninja Gaiden Black on normal difficulty feels like DMC 3 on the second-highest difficulty. I actually suck shit at Ninja Gaiden games.
RAPEMAN wrote: