What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:45 am

Is this new Observer game any good? I looks a bit on the tryhard side when it comes to OMG shocking imagery.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 am
Since I only ever play Necromancer in D2 I don't care either way. My skellingtons will hunt everything down.
Corpse Explosion 4 ever.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:36 pm

I've played Stories Untold yesterday. It's a text adventure, kinda sorta. I don't really know how to feel about it.
It has four parts. The first part, The House Abandon, is playable for free as a demo. It's the most horror part with a really unique atmosphere. I actually enjoyed it a lot but it doesn't really tell a whole story and remains very vague.

The second part takes place in some laboratory where you're conducting experiments on some artifact. It's the least text adventure part. You set the machinery to values all explained by the terminal and the guy that talks to you via loudspeaker.
It's the weakest part as it's very railroaded and story-wise it only gets interesting towards the end.

The third part has you sitting in some radio shack in Greenland. Your being tasked with deciphering and entering codes with the help of a radio dialing in number stations and some top-secret microfilm. Your colleagues in other shacks on the same compound talk you partially through. Some shady shit is going on and soon some vague catastrophy is impending or taking place while your coding seems important to that.
I enjoyed the atmosphere here the most as something big seems to be going on. Sadly, the ending of it throws that away in the last moments somewhat. It's surprising and could go another interesting route but it end up in what will be explained in the fourth part.

Part four. Here's where shit falls apart. By the subtitle of the game "Four stories, one nightmare." and some subtle hints you'll have noticed that all three previous parts have something to do with each other. Neither part really has an ending. Especially The House Abandon stands out. Part two, The Experiment Conduct, could be it's own short story in those dime horror story magazines. Part three leads directly into part four. The House Abandon however remains completely vague. You're aware of all that's going on but you don't know the reason for it.
Four explains all of that. Sadly, pretty much everyone with half a brain will figure it out right away what's really going on. You might not get an idea why exactly part two and three are how they are but the grand scheme of it is slightly spoiled later in part three and four confirms it.
The overarching story is so cliché that I bet a couple of you could guess it blindly right now. It's a shame, really.

If it's heavily discounted I'd still recommend it. It's about three hours of good to great entertainment. You may stumble a few times over what the text parser wants from you. Just remeber that it's super basic for the most part and wants more specific commands only when it's obvious.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:37 pm

The above post is mine. I've taken so long to write it here at work that I got logged out.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Guest posting was literally a mistake.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:36 pm
It's about three hours of good to great entertainment.
The question is, is it better than whatever episodic series is Telltale going to release next? I don't know if I should get this indie looking thing and not get Minecraft stories instead...

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:46 pm

I've never played anything by Telltale. Or should I say "watched"? I wouldn't call Stories Untold a game. There really isn't all that much gameplay. It was fine and I was curious. The regular asking price of :tenbux: is absolutely ridiculous, though.
I would recommend playing The House Abandon, though. It's free and actually spooky.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:48 pm

fucking blizzard fucking did what the fuck I expected them to fucking do; they fucked up the starcraft remastered launch harder then they got fucked by their uncles in highschool.

Games disconnect after 10 seconds and there hasnt been a fix for 72 hours or so now...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKk

I regret this purchase and hate myself for giving blizz money, hate myself even more for the fact ill buy a diablo 2 remaster in a heartbeat even though I already know they will fuck that up as well....

After that game releases Ill be completely done with modern gaming though. ALL devs have turned to shit, they all lost the talent that made em create good games while getting greedier and scummier every single fucking day.

thanks DLC defenders, thanks defenders of broken launches and thank you to all dev dickriders who destroyed my favorite hobby gaming; I hope you are proud of yourselves for ruining the last unspoiled area of entertainment (movies / tv and music already suck).
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Clearly, Spoony has been reincarnated on this forum...

@harrythebarryfuckboi Blizzard has shown how terrible they are when they released Diablo 3. If they ever do Diablo 2, I'll purchase it as well, but obviously, people who used to work for Blizzard and made it great are long gone. Nowdays, Blizzard is similar to Valve, just a name lot of people recognize from the past, but now turned into a moneymaking machine that doesn't do anything interesting anymore, filled with soullest drones.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:50 pm

If they re-make D2 I'll play the original again and read your angry comments on how they fucked it up. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!